The online racing simulator
Hi Franky,

Seems that our server is down since 19:30 BST; can't join from game and CP is saying the usual "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when trying to start the server (sate currently unknown)

Cheers,
-sb
same problem here cannot start server Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Will look into this for you now.
It should be back online for you now guys, After a full power cycle the system your servers are on have restored correctly, I'll investigate further to find the cause of the initial problem.
-
(capris) DELETED by capris
looks like i spoke too soon. It's started the same issue again. Will update A.S.A.P
Just to update, It's confirmed now that one of our machines is being DDOS'd I've got the uplink provider on it now.
Quote from franky500 :Just to update, It's confirmed now that one of our machines is being DDOS'd I've got the uplink provider on it now.

It's the same guy that's DDoS'ing the LsC servers.

If you want some more info, PM me your MSN address
It is may be the same guy who DDOS'd LSC the last days, Franky.

"hecosmin" was the account he used first, seems his main account

is "cosmin". Take a look at the other thread may be, greets PVL.
i've been reading about that. if he's moved on to attacking my stuff though i don't know what his motive is. unless one of my clients banned him from their server.
server are down or really laggy?

got disco from some 500servers and my server is status: unknown

got disco from that also.
looks like something was going on with the network to the .51 server, Looks to be fine now, will keep an eye on it
Quote from franky500 :looks like something was going on with the network to the .51 server, Looks to be fine now, will keep an eye on it

just got server DC again

was fine for 40min

edit: "An error occurred while starting the game server."

also tc admin page bad lag
watching it this time, Looks like another DDoS situation
Quote from franky500 :watching it this time, Looks like another DDoS situation

some sad kids these days
Quote from franky500 :watching it this time, Looks like another DDoS situation

=( such a shame, as this disrupts more than one server, right?
no its a small enough attack that it's only the one server its affecting. (there on different switches and cabinets so unless the main switch is overloaded with traffic it should be ok).
Well that's good to hear, hopefully it stops soon enough.
it's stopped again for now, We'll keep an eye on it though.
I can confirm my server is the target of this partycrasher. He has done it (DDOS) yesterday evening as well as 10 minutes ago. The measures taken to counter his attacks have all failed so far. I'm trying to collect as much as I can but won't disclose until I'm sure the info is correct. Servers hosted elsewhere have also been the victim of this angry baboon. Any pertinent security wise suggestions are welcome.
can you PM me your 500control username please so that i can look at my logs
0.6B9 now on 500control panel
teamspeak just died
seems fine here If it crashed it was probably auto restarted before i got back.
You had your permissions for the main folder of that site set wrong, I have changed this to CHMOD 755 now and that site appears fine.
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG