The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :To be fair speeding and going to fast for the roads are very different. Legally I can do 60mph from my back door to work. But only 65% of those roads are safe to do 60mph on when it is dry and clear. When it is wet that drops to around 55%, throw in mud and it is down to 45%.

I am perfectly within the law to do 60mph, but the only people who do that are looking to die young. For the most part you're brave for leaving 30mph.

You have to drive to what the road allows. Speed limits are not targets.

absolutly right, i live in the city but do a fair bit of work in the country and i can tell you this.

they could make a Cop car t.v show out of what i see and find on a near daily basis....

roads fit for 30-35 max with people doing mostly 40+ then wondering why they struggle for control, show-offs do more and the inevitbal happens, then i waste 2-3 hours with the police and geenral get told off when i pull in to ring them ( my cars blocking traffic... despite being park in as far off the road as i can ) and such glorious crap while im just doing my best to get my arse to work a.s.a.p in a safe manor.
Quote from Migz :RMS Per Sub?
RMS For Amp?
Total Impedance?

Subs are 250w RMS, amp is giving 2x 325w RMS and its wired at 4Ω because my amp doesn't support bridged at 2Ω
I honestly can't understand people that drive with madsik sound system cranked up.

I have to hear whats going on around me otherwise it frustrates the shit out of me
Quote from Klutch :I honestly can't understand people that drive with madsik sound system cranked up.

I have to hear whats going on around me otherwise it frustrates the shit out of me

Not the only one!

I like music. I like loud, loud music, but when im driving I have so inaudible it might aswell be off. If I'm parked up with some mates I'll turn it up a bit, but on the rod it does my head in!

Also, systems that induce panel flex/that god awful sound of them shaking (i.e Jakgs video...) makes me sick. I dont want to hear your car falling to pieces thank you!
Makes me laugh and wonder how some of you peeps have totalled so many cars, I've probably done 11 months worth of driving in 2 years of having my licence and clocked up nearly 50,000miles in that time (30k miles in 2 months in an 'R' KA - 10k miles in 6 months in a 2010 '10' Corsa - 6300 in 3 months in a 2010 '60' i30)... Not once have I hit a wall/post/curb/another car. How the hell do you manage it?

And I hate listening to loud music whilst I'm driving, need to hear what the car is doing and to hear if there's any emergency vehicles nearby, plus I hate me back being pummelled by a speaker.
Maybe Jak has constipation issues, excessive bass has been proven to loosen bowel movements I think.
When I lived down south I maybe did 10 miles a week, rarely had the need to drive because everything I needed was within a casual walking distance. 2 miles was the furthest I ever had to walk, so why drive and end up parking just as far away and walking that distance anyway, but paying for the privilege.

Since moving up here I am easily knocking up 2k a month and am yet to bump into anything or anyone. I did have a close call when a tourist pulled out on me and one when my brakes refused to work (that was scary). But I've held my licence for some years now and am yet to bin a car or get any points.

Quote from Bean0 :Maybe Jak has constipation issues, excessive bass has been proven to loosen bowel movements I think.

That is brown noise. Requires a ludicrous amount of bass to endue bowl movement though.
I didn't mean that it would make him instantly shat himself, but would help to keep him regular...like prunes.
Hmm, I suppose there is some truth in that. Vibrations can undo bolts, so I suspect they can easily break up turd so it makes it way down the intestine/bowls.

Must be why chavs talk so much shit about their cars, all of that bass is making it spew out of every orifice.
Quote from Jakg :Subs are 250w RMS, amp is giving 2x 325w RMS and its wired at 4Ω because my amp doesn't support bridged at 2Ω

Pretty good, are you using any amplifiers to power other speakers?
Also have you done anything electrical wise besides just running power cable? I.e big 3? Spesh alternator? Second battery?

Sorry for so many questions, im just looking to upgrade my system and its nice to know what other people have done and how thats turned out.
Currently subwoofer wise got a Orion Cobalt amp running at 400W RMS 2ohm.
With a Shark 600W RMS Twin 4Ohm Coil ran in 2ohm.
Gonna replace the sub soon as i majorly doubt its 600W RMS as its not packing much of a punch.

Edit: Nvm! Just seen your wiring diagram, explains everything tbh, and its pretty cool haha.
Quote from PoVo :Here's the problem:

Your car looks like this.

Are you trying to be funny? If you read my posts where I posted pictures of my Lexus and Honda, you would realise they both look nothing like that horrible Corsa.

Anyway, in other news! The Honda is back on the road! Spent the whole of Today driving it about, and I love it. I've missed this car a lot!
Quote from BlueFlame :Come to think of it guys, I don't think I ever went full throttle until the rev limiter in first gear, so my point was invalid.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It is hard to tell with kids today. One of the guys I know from college has only had his licence for 12 months and in that time he has binned 6 cars. The first happened in the first 12 hours of having his licence.

These are the people I would like to see incarcerated. Or shot. Treating cars like poundshop hardware, with no regard for safety or even their own property, if they care that little about their own shit, why would they care about someone elses?

Genepool/'remove
Got my license I think at 16, gonna be 23 this year.. god I've been around LFS for to long lol!

Never been pulled over, never an accident.. I wish I could drive with little to no music. I don't have a sound system and never plan on having one, but with everything I've done to my car now, it's so loud internally from motor mount vibrations to balance/vibration deletions and suspension noise.. car is just loud inside lol, I barely get to hear my exhaust anymore!

Nothing new going on with car, got it running fully synthetic oil now, and made some doors for my rear coilovers so I can adjust them on the go.

Oh, in other news though, I think I found some wheels I want to try and run.
It's certainly an old school taste, but I think it would be really nice.

Watanabe / Panasport / Minilite style wheels.
Also looking into some American racing mag style wheels.

It's a COMPLETELY unethical combo with my car, but I think it would be really nice.. and way different.
Unfortunately finding correct sizes and fitment is proving to be near impossible. Team 3 makes some wheels like that that you can make to whatever offset and dimensions you want practically, but the prices.. obviously are quite steep.
Get Watanabe's..the spokes on the others look stupid.
Quote from Xaid0n :Makes me laugh and wonder how some of you peeps have totalled so many cars, I've probably done 11 months worth of driving in 2 years of having my licence and clocked up nearly 50,000miles in that time (30k miles in 2 months in an 'R' KA - 10k miles in 6 months in a 2010 '10' Corsa - 6300 in 3 months in a 2010 '60' i30)... Not once have I hit a wall/post/curb/another car. How the hell do you manage it?

And I hate listening to loud music whilst I'm driving, need to hear what the car is doing and to hear if there's any emergency vehicles nearby, plus I hate me back being pummelled by a speaker.

Must be because you're superior to everyone else.
Quote from XCNuse :Got my license I think at 16, gonna be 23 this year.. god I've been around LFS for to long lol!

Never been pulled over, never an accident.. I wish I could drive with little to no music. I don't have a sound system and never plan on having one, but with everything I've done to my car now, it's so loud internally from motor mount vibrations to balance/vibration deletions and suspension noise.. car is just loud inside lol, I barely get to hear my exhaust anymore!

Nothing new going on with car, got it running fully synthetic oil now, and made some doors for my rear coilovers so I can adjust them on the go.

Oh, in other news though, I think I found some wheels I want to try and run.
It's certainly an old school taste, but I think it would be really nice.

-pic of wheels-

Watanabe / Panasport / Minilite style wheels.
Also looking into some American racing mag style wheels.

It's a COMPLETELY unethical combo with my car, but I think it would be really nice.. and way different.
Unfortunately finding correct sizes and fitment is proving to be near impossible. Team 3 makes some wheels like that that you can make to whatever offset and dimensions you want practically, but the prices.. obviously are quite steep.

thank you for not going to lime-green or hot pink TE-37s
****ING LOLOL! My coilovers just been delivered and put wrong ones in the box. Right ones for the car, but don't know what people do with 3 fronts and 1 back. So got another back being sent out for this afternoon with the c spanners they forgot. Been long getting these sorted out. Best be worth it in the end.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Must be because you're superior to everyone else.

Well, with how much driving he does, he probably is superior.

30,000 miles in 2 months? That's 500 miles per day for 60 days straight! At average 60 mph, he drove for 8 hours every single day for 60 days.

That's a lot of driving, a LOT of driving. I'm picking my feet up now because it's getting deep around here....
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Must be because you're superior to everyone else.

Hell no, I just love my driving, I've driven all over east anglia, the southwest, and the south coast and I'm hoping to be doing to scotland in a few months.

I've had near misses (who hasn't?) and I've gone a bit lairy round bends a few times, but never lost control or crashed a vehicle, I was just wondering how could someone ditch cars like that? Maybe I should put a smiley so it's a more light hearted message?
Quote from Xaid0n :Hell no, I just love my driving, I've driven all over east anglia, the southwest, and the south coast and I'm hoping to be doing to scotland in a few months.

The point is, unless you did 500miles a day for 60 days straight, you did not do 30K in 2 months...
Alright you got me there :P but I did do a lot of miles in that car in 2 months without incident.
Exaggerating to prove a point invalidates the point on a forum like this.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG