The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Dont worry..I was being sarcastic

Intrepid does race Karts though.

I like the wet weather, it's well done and lots of fun, but I'm not entirely convinced about the grip levels either, especially at the front end. I do love the feel of the rear end squirming about in the puddles though.

Despite your sarcasm and general attitude towards me, your experience of the weather is pretty much exactly the same as mine.

The front end grip doesn't seem to be right. Wet weather is very very hard to simulate properly as it's constantly evolving so it's understandable work needs to be done. it does feel, at times, that they have just notched the grip level down. The grip across the surface of the track is pretty consistent, and this isn't true to reality. But at time it feels very good indeed. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to create a tyre model for the wet.

You don't have to drive a GP2 car in the rain to know that getting all your wheels locked under braking on the line where there is a ton of rubber isn't going to end well. In NetKar atm you can still save it with too much trouble.

However, it is fun and if Kunos is planning more dynamic weather that is even better. Getting wheel spin half way down the straight is proper good entertainment.
More thoughts...

Previously I complained about not liking how the cars felt mid corner. It was hard to adjust the radius of the turn. More or less the cars all washed into understeer mid corner.

Not anymore! Specifically while driving the KS2 I noticed it as more front end bite overall. If you bleed speed mid-corner the front end tightens toward apex predictably and linearily. I'm feeling like the car can be driven a lot aggressively now. Nice!
Just in case anyone didn't know yet, the patch is out

http://46.4.200.230/nkp-beta/nkp13beta_B.zip
  • Fixed crash in multiplayer races when client leaving the session
  • Added the option to disable autoclutch in the Vintage
  • Fixed unrealistic wheel steer for all the cars
  • Fixed steer ratio range on the Vintage
  • Added setup item to enable brake power editing on the Osella
  • Fixed tyre audio skid levels on the Osella
  • Fixed wing mirrors on the Vintage
  • Fixed Osella appearing as "FTarget" in the time monitor
  • Fixed driver face on the Osella
  • Fixed range on the power multiplier on the Vintage
  • Removed wrong 6th gear ratio setup on the Osella
  • Fixed cockpit camera position on the Osella and Vintage
  • Improved Vintage GT SFX sound
My paddles on G25 don't work on Formula 1600 but in other cars it works. Has anyone got the same problem? Running on the patch B.
as a hotlap sim,it feels very good,but as a online game,when you get close to someone its like a nuclear bomb going off,everyone flying in different directions,and the UI is shocking,LFS is the business when it comes to useability,nKpro isnt.
Tango
PS my thoughts are with the demo,dunno how busy the other servers are but the demo servers can be very quiet.
Quote from Flame CZE :My paddles on G25 don't work on Formula 1600 but in other cars it works. Has anyone got the same problem? Running on the patch B.

1600 uses H shifter, as does 1800 I think.
Ah, I didn't know that... thanks.
Quote from Tango :as a hotlap sim,it feels very good,but as a online game,when you get close to someone its like a nuclear bomb going off,everyone flying in different directions,and the UI is shocking,LFS is the business when it comes to useability,nKpro isnt.
Tango
PS my thoughts are with the demo,dunno how busy the other servers are but the demo servers can be very quiet.

I went online in Nkpro for the first time in a demo server and there are crashers worse than the ones we have to put up with in the LFS Demo servers! Just people who decide to park in the middle of the racing line, go the wrong way, crash you in the pits...just awful.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I'm really glad they pushed out an unfinished product.

I've been having huge fun with the vintage on the hillclimb in the rain.
If only I could use my clutch or change the gear ratios...

It was marked clearly as a Beta, obviously you're going to expect bugs.
Does anyone else find the Vintage is way too tail happy by default? I find that, then I also find it is too easy to control once in a slide
It's totally odd and way too easy to drive imho. I had really high expectations for it because the basic feel of the formulas is so spot on in nkpro. But the car drives like it has really soft suspension but it doesn't even get any body roll in corners despite having tons of grip. I think there is something broken in that car tbh.
Too much longitudinal grip, too little lateral. This makes it too soft, sliding and forgiving. It needs more "snap". But boy, is it fun!!!
Quote from Hyperactive :It's totally odd and way too easy to drive imho. I had really high expectations for it because the basic feel of the formulas is so spot on in nkpro. But the car drives like it has really soft suspension but it doesn't even get any body roll in corners despite having tons of grip. I think there is something broken in that car tbh.

I disagree, real racers think nk-pro formula physics are poor, especially in terms of force feedback
Can i update from 1.2 or does it require a fresh dl?
Quote from BlueFlame :I disagree, real racers think nk-pro formula physics are poor, especially in terms of force feedback

On the phone to Jenson Button were you? Or just completely making stuff up with no sources as usual?
Quote from DeKo :On the phone to Jenson Button were you? Or just completely making stuff up with no sources as usual?

i think what he meant was that the real racers that he have posted here (at least) don't rate the FFB the high. that's what i got from his post anyways.
Quote from DeKo :On the phone to Jenson Button were you? Or just completely making stuff up with no sources as usual?

It's not very difficult to hear formula drivers opinions etc, there are some on this forum for a start.
I've only raced on Trento Bondone with mainly that Osella car, and already I think it was worth the 14.90 EUR I paid. Wet weather looks and drives pretty well, haven't really tried driving fast though. I wish Kunos could include the JGTC Supra from the old (Namie?) versions, it was mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLpnVwAu754
Has anyone got SoftTH 2.04 working with this?
Wanted to try NetKar Pro.
Went to homepage.. download link. Open zip... file is corrupt ??

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG