The online racing simulator
Got v1.1 today.. Best €19 I've ever spent
i wanted to give it a go,but while unpacking it had an error so i cant try it,any1 had this problem?
Quote from e2mustang :i wanted to give it a go,but while unpacking it had an error so i cant try it,any1 had this problem?

Definitely sounds like a corrupt installer. But we can't be certain without an error message. I suggest re-downloading the installation package (preferably from a different mirror than the last time).

It's weird how Kunos & Co can't be bothered to spend just a tiny amount of money on a proper host. Personally, if I'm considering trying the demo of a product, but have to click on 3 or more links to get to the actual file, I might just not download it at all.

A torrent would be better than many of the current mirrors.
Quote from e2mustang :i wanted to give it a go,but while unpacking it had an error so i cant try it,any1 had this problem?

I had the same issues using Winrar, but using 7-Zip to unpack fixed it

In previous times using a download accelerator caused the same issue, but using good old Firefox and doing a regular download had no issues. And it seems some of the sites like the Filefront ones have corruption issues
Quote from felplacerad :A torrent would be better than many of the current mirrors.

That's a good idea, why don't you start seeding one?

PS: you can report corrupted download to support@netkar-pro.com
Finally managed to get onto nKP this evening, albeit only for about half an hour.

First impressions quite good. the car 'felt' a bit weird, but it's getting better as I turn the suspension, aerodynamics and brakes to my liking. Slides are much more catchable and predictable, but I still think the Ftarget actually has a bit too little grip, especially at the rear, and a little too much bias in the aero towards understeer... but again this is probably largely due to setup.

The FFB is a lot better.

Still annoyed that Kunos, despite working with F3 teams (apparently) can't manage to get the setups much like an F3 car (particularly the monoshock, preload and droop limiters), as that is, in my opinion, super critical in simulating a post 1994 F3 car.

Can't comment on the other cars yet, as I didn't try them.

But it certainly seems like progress!!!!
I've never seen you use four exclamation points in a row before

Perhaps I should give this update a shot.
Feel free to post a setup Tristan
I quite like the new version but I don't have space on my desk to use my wheel. How can I turn off traction control if I'm using keyboard and mouse to drive?
Afaik, the keyboard TC cannot be turned off even from a config file. It's a huge headache for me
Dont want to sound like a snob, but netKar is really not for keyboard/joypad users.

They may be supported, but it's complete waste of time plying this with anything other than a wheel.

It's main selling point is it's amazing 'feel' Without that it's a complete waste of time. Your missing out on what it's all about.
It would be nice if someone could post a setup for the 1600.

Also I tried the multiplayer yesterday and after several attempts I actually made it to a server and really connected... Felt a bit like a normal Blackwood T1 (a couple of years ago) as I never made it past the 2nd corner witout being used as emergency brake. Too bad it was the only (!) busy demo server.
I've all but given up on even trying to race the 1600 on public servers. It's numpty hell out there.
Quote from The Moose :I've all but given up on even trying to race the 1600 on public servers. It's numpty hell out there.

Well, then it's not a good way to promote the multiplayer
The main problem is that you still can't kick/ban players, so the same idiots can come back and cause havoc time after time again, I don't understand why kunos didn't bother to finally implement it. If you're searching for some nice relaxed fun league with considerate people have a look at www.netkarproseries.de they run all the cars on different tracks every second Tuesday/Thursday. (Next race tonight Fiat500/Aosta)
Speaking of multiplayer my very marginal machine has taken a bit of an fps hit with this update.

LFS demo servers have been quite good lately, at least good enough for casual players like me. So I still hold out hope.
Quote from three_jump :Well, then it's not a good way to promote the multiplayer

No different to LFS demo servers to be fair.. It's not stopped people from buying a licence though.
First time i gave this game more than 15minutes try out & i like it. It immediately feels more real than LFS, anyone want to meet up for a demo race tonight? (or lend me a licence)
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
i tried the 1.1 last night.i cant see myself playing more than 5 min with it
Quote from anttt69 :First time i gave this game more than 15minutes try out & i like it. It immediately feels more real than LFS, anyone want to meet up for a demo race tonight? (or lend me a licence)

I agree, to me it feels more lifelike than LFS. Purchased it few days ago and I don't regret it. My favorite combo so far is the F1800 at Aosta, it's like walking on eggs
Hey guys, thought you might want to take a look at this hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwURR4sIOtg

Me and Troy have been going mad around Adelaide in preparation for the league race we are taking part in. So far we are almost 1sec ahead of the other guys on the netkar pro rank.

That was the top time yesterday, but once Troy came online he soon broke my record :P I'm gonna have to find another 2 tenths somewhere It can easily be done.

Now Mr Moose, don't go anywhere near the F2000 and Adelaide ok
Just purchased nKPro 1.1 three days ago and I've only tried Abarth@Aviano Short! I'm still having a blast with it!

It looks a fantastic hard-core sim, lacking much of non-sim dingle-jingle things though (like inspecting the car status while driving or watching a replay, or a mini map, or a large visual of real-time split-times, online setup sharing, etc).

There is however a pretty decent online Rank System which can motivate people to get online.

I'm currently trying to climb as high as possible in the Abarth@Aviano Short Rank (currently 9th). But since my setup knowledge is incomplete, it seems I'm stuck 1 sec away from the current wr.

So I was wondering if any of you guys are aware of any online resources for nKPro setups, like LFS's Setupgrid or Team Inferno. Or if you care to share a decent setup for the above combo.

All in all, I think nKpro 1.1 has great potential, providing Kunos will take it seriously this time and he'll keep updating it.
Now that I've tried the latest version with my wheel I'm tempted to buy it..

Edit: I just bought it
How can you buy this junk?

Installing costed far more time than testing. This doesn't deserve 1.0 status, let alone 1.1.

Interface is bbadd.. No proper hosting capabilities (kick/ban), crappy damage (and sounds). Horrible graphics also. Might be the settings dunno.. Crappy interface again.

Sorry

Italians need to put more work into it.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG