The online racing simulator
if you use winrar. this error happens when the zip file is newer than the version of winrar you are using. just a simple version conflict. update your winrar and all should be well.
i could be wrong though.
Ok. New winrar helped.
Installed the game.
Version 1.3B freezes while loading shadows.nk file... nothing helps.
Version 1.1 freezes while car on garage. First sound of engine, then thats it. Nothing works. No setting chance helped so far. Playing with keyboard.
Actually went ahead and bought this game the other day. It's pretty decent. The brakes are quite different to LFS so it took me a while to get used to, other than that it's a good sim.
The car's still act weird when collided with... besides the video only shows him ramming the rear end of a car, doesn't show him doing a dive bomb, or side to side contact so not much to conclude from, some of the comments on youtube are really funny...
Quote from BlueFlame :The car's still act weird when collided with... besides the video only shows him ramming the rear end of a car, doesn't show him doing a dive bomb, or side to side contact so not much to conclude from, some of the comments on youtube are really funny...

indeed
i was hoping to see that interlocking the wheels on single seaters actually doesn't make the universe implode anymore.
Guess thats still a concern :P
Quote from Fuse5 :indeed
i was hoping to see that interlocking the wheels on single seaters actually doesn't make the universe implode anymore.
Guess thats still a concern :P

Well on that video with the Osella, it seemed that the guy infront after being hit, reacted badly and gunned it to make it look like a spin... I mean, he was braking when he got hit but as soon as he's been hit he accelerates hard? :P

Maybe the video is faked.
Looks like an AI he is hitting to me. "T Player" is the name. So this would be a local car he is hitting, which wouldn't make any sense on how this is an "improvement".
If participating in a closed beta means that you cannot talk about it, then showing the drivers real name wouldn't really be possible.
Psh, they shouldn't even be allowed to make videos then.

It really doesn't look like a normal person driving. The movements seem too fixed. Plus with no proper side to side contact you can't tell what is really going on. To me it looks like rFactor collisions.
Ye collisions itself still look dodgy, but at least you don't sky rocket from tiny hits anymore. If you look closely you can see a ping warning somewhere in the beginning, so I would guess this was online and tested with several different pings.
I've run out of paycodes, and submitted the request new activations form on the official support page a couple of weeks ago (at least one week ago anyway ). I still get a message that I don't have any unlocks available. Should I keep waiting (how long?), resubmit the form or send an email explaining my situation?
I would just keep pestering them. They have always been quick when I requested the same thing, your e-mail may just have been missed.
Ok then. I'll send the form again, and send a written e-mail if I don't have any unlocks at the end of the week.

Ty.
No i know this game did not have influence on me so much. :/
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Ok then. I'll send the form again, and send a written e-mail if I don't have any unlocks at the end of the week.

Ty.

If it's any consolation, I sent mine in 2 days and got a reply yesterday.
I did get the activation reset the next day, the first attempt at the reset must have gotten lost somewhere in the interweb jungle
Quote from adta :No i know this game did not have influence on me so much. :/

ok
good to know
whatever that even means D:
I use a 360 pad with XBCD drivers, set up all my axis and buttons in the controller settings, but in game nothing works at all. I go back to controller settings and it registers all my inputs, any ideas? I pressed 'k' to cycle through the controller options but none of them made a difference.
pik, found this thread cause i was having same problem. choose 'steering wheel' in controller setup window not gamepad and it will ask you to assign axes. it should then recognise it in game.

ps dont you guys find lfs too easy? i tried the demo and it felt like traction control was always on, almost like codemaster's grid.. nkp feels more of a challenge
Quote from dvdmarine :pik, found this thread cause i was having same problem. choose 'steering wheel' in controller setup window not gamepad and it will ask you to assign axes. it should then recognise it in game.

ps dont you guys find lfs too easy? i tried the demo and it felt like traction control was always on, almost like codemaster's grid.. nkp feels more of a challenge

Thanks so much, got it working now.

The demo might be easy because the only car you get has about 115hp
The map you get of Prato confused the hell out of me for a while, took me some time to figure out that turns 2-5 are wrong on the map on our steering wheel. How does that happen?
Who looks at the maps....

I learn tracks by driving not looking at maps.
It's right in the middle of the screen as you drive, not exactly going out of my way to take a look.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG