The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dadge :in a race against a wookie, yes. even the slightest improvement is an improvement non-the-less.
WRC cars use wings and they don't handle too well at low speed without them. anyways, i think we're veering off topic.

You still haven't got it, have you? All I was saying is: Yes, there may be a downforce and thus there's a theoretical improvement in handling but there are many many other things to concern too which may "weight" far more.
You may be faster with a complete skin head than with 5mm long hair on your head. Now say you were to have a sprint race would you start thinking: "Hmm, how could I get faster? Yup, I'm gonna shave my head first!" ? Appearently, if you really would, you're just as weird to me and make no sense just to defend your points. However...
Yeah front exit exhaust, I hear it increases front downforce.
Looks like a camera lens
Looks like a high-tech flexible aluminium duct
I hope you don't have an open cone, otherwise enjoy your heat soak.

Your car doesn't look too bad from that angle, but I suspect you have massive alloys and lower springs and the rest of the standard inventory to ruin handling.
Because of course bigger tyres and better, lower suspension mean worse handling.

With all due respect, you drive a van with a cross brace bar.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because of course bigger tyres and better, lower suspension mean worse handling.

Not off the bat, no. But 95% of people who put on big wheels and lowering springs do it for looks, no other reason. So the vehicle crashes around on anything but the smoothest of roads. And that is the problem. On a track, it'll be quite good (assuming it was done right and not a half arsed job), but you want the softest suspension you can get away with. You make up for the body roll with an ARB.

Sure, I drive a van, but I've thrown more cars around race tracks and B-Roads than you've had girlfriends. And it has ranged from chavved up motors (I've been down that road, so I've learnt from my mistakes), to luxo barges to sports cars.

There are many on here better equiped to pass judgement than I am, but seriously, if you're buying a Corsa B (for insurance reasons), do you really think top dollar was paid on the suspension to improve the handling based on the roads around you or a set of eBay special one size fits all?
I agree people do it for looks. But as for no other reason, perhaps not. I agree with your point about crashiness etc, my friend has fitted height adjustable coilovers to his Corsa C (100mm drop) and sure it's uncomfortable but it does handle a heck of a lot better than it did before.

To be honest even the "budget" coilovers such as JMEX are better than OE for handling.

And before some smart-ass comes in saying "oh so why was it not fitted by the manufacturer...".

The manufacturer has to meet all sort of stupid EU regulations that are never enforced apart from at point of manufacture. Also there is the cost factor, many suspension companies have stocks with certain car manufacturers hence they use their parts at less cost to the manufacturer. Also there is the whole "ride/handling" tradeoff.
Quote from 5tag :You still haven't got it, have you? All I was saying is: Yes, there may be a downforce and thus there's a theoretical improvement in handling but there are many many other things to concern too which may "weight" far more.
You may be faster with a complete skin head than with 5mm long hair on your head. Now say you were to have a sprint race would you start thinking: "Hmm, how could I get faster? Yup, I'm gonna shave my head first!" ? Appearently, if you really would, you're just as weird to me and make no sense just to defend your points. However...

care to explain why swimmers shave all their bodies then? an improvement is an improvement. it doesn't even matter if a 3-less hair runner is a nanosecond faster, he's still faster. i was joking with my comments (i even added smiley faces) so maybe you're the one "not getting it". and then to say that i'm weird because our opinions are not the same. now that I find is weird.

but if you're going to be prickish about it, being bald will not offer any downforce. only an absolute moron would even suggest such a thing as an example. it's easy to insult someone when you're not getting your point across isn't it?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

what's that meant to mean?
Quote from 5tag :You still haven't got it, have you? All I was saying is: Yes, there may be a downforce and thus there's a theoretical improvement in handling but there are many many other things to concern too which may "weight" far more.

Running a beard costs you an extra £5 a year in petrol.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I agree people do it for looks. But as for no other reason, perhaps not. I agree with your point about crashiness etc, my friend has fitted height adjustable coilovers to his Corsa C (100mm drop) and sure it's uncomfortable but it does handle a heck of a lot better than it did before.

To be honest even the "budget" coilovers such as JMEX are better than OE for handling

It is all about being able to drive it like I stole it to then do a cross country drive without getting out with back ache. Once you start chavving up a car (lower, bigger wheels), long distance drivers are unforgiving. I've driven maybe three cars that have had suspension mods that I could cover over 100 miles in without having a ruined arse/spine.

I've covered over 500 miles (Hartoft to Rochester to Hartoft) in one sitting, only stopping for fuel and to drop off some crap, in my little van. Other than having tired eyes and dying for a cuppa coffee, I was still quite fresh. I could only do ~40 miles in a slightly chavved Pug207 before I wanted to stop and get out. Though to be fair even stock I've only managed ~60 miles before wanted to get out of a 207. Not the nicest drive in the world.

Quote from dadge :what's that meant to mean?

I think it means, you drive a van, you have no opinion.
Quote from 5tag :Most of the time the mods are pointless, too. For instance the BMW drivers here, why do they all have to get "angel eyes", smoked or white indicators or gay LED rear lights?

Quote from Agniz :Because orange indicators are so gay

This and because the LED-Rears are original BMW Parts and i just updated to Facelift-look.

Well... i am driving a Renault Twingo GT, the one with 100hp or something.

but i wouldn't say it's a car.

I could say that it stalls when i press the throttle, but i don't think anyone would believe me.
u may have an air leak in the intake then.i believe you
Just purchased my new car.

living the dream eh? lol
Because that is surely what he is in now.
I think he's actually driving one of these:
Okay...i got caught out
So i don't own it..

But i got to touch it. Thats close enough.
I touched a 33 Stradale before, but I creamed on the exhaust so they banned me from Alfa meetings.
2004 ford fiesta
Attached images
IMG_0127.jpg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I hope you're not basing the extra power on marketing BS. If you're getting it remapped you could easily see an extra 30 ponies, but never believe chip claims.

Pre chip : 109bhp/190lb ft
After remap: 149bhp/260lb ft.

Can I feel the difference? **** yeah. Dyno printout to prove should anyone say I'm talking BS.

If you have a VAG car then I can whole-heartedly recommend Rtech based in Hinckley.

MPG is also improved, did about 105 miles on less than 1/8th of a tank on cruise at 85 after the remap.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Dyno printout to prove should anyone say I'm talking BS.

Dyno's are a tuning tool.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG