The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Btoryo :Is this car related to that Rover/MG?

[Infinity M45]

I wouldn't have thought so, MG-Rover partnered up with Honda for a spell, but not Nissan.
Seriously the whole bashing of people changing parts on their car is getting wearisome.

Either stfu or gtfo. I think Jack's mod looks nice and even if I didn't, who am I to judge, it's his car so as long as he's happy with it.

We all understand the mods will server little practical purpose (I mean downforce, who are you kidding) and that they're asthestic....
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Either stfu or gtfo.

Dude... this is still an online forum... for discussions, opinions and that sort of stuff, you know?
Quote from 5tag :Dude... this is still an online forum... for discussions, opinions and that sort of stuff, you know?

But there's no discussion. No "hmm, well, I don't like it but ....."

It's just "pointless, why are you trying to add downforce/speed"?

People on this forum (especially those members who have been around longer, or the more "regular" posters - you all know who you are) just bash people for doing anything which changes their cars appearance, whether or not they like it.

I mean, half of the people who can't even drive, what the ****.
Lol I think i'll be banned because I bought this.... (wing)

once i used to like that wing,but its too big,so i went with trunk lip
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's just "pointless, why are you trying to add downforce/speed"?

Most of the time the mods are pointless, too. For instance the BMW drivers here, why do they all have to get "angel eyes", smoked or white indicators or gay LED rear lights?

People tend to follow tuning trends, remember the Euro style clear chrome rear lights? ... awful!

I find it that ugly that I sprayed the indicators of my car (built in 1982) orange, because they were white from stock but I found it absolutely didn't match.

It's the same with all these spoilers and wings and body kits. Look at an Austin Metro 6R4. Doesn't it look sexy although you'd have a 70% chance of damaging the bodywork when trying to push it anywhere with your hands? That's because you can see the design, the appearence is a consequence of all the technical details.

"Tuning" on the other side is trying to imitate these designs so to act as if the technical reasons were already there for it - with the outcome often looking utterly senseless. For instance people like to drive cars with 18" rims but then the brake discs found on these measure some 250mm... it just looks ridiculous.
Quote from 5tag :For instance people like to drive cars with 18" rims but then the brake discs found on these measure some 250mm... it just looks ridiculous.

The vast majority will also paint on some rubber which ruins how the car corners as you need some sidewall flex and super low profile tyres have none. The sad part is they are leaving the factory with the biggest wheels possible and a tiny coating of rubber because it "looks sporty". Makes the baby Jebus cry.

The biggest I'd go upto is 15" with the brakes from an RS2k (280mm IIRC), maybe 16" if I want to stick on the 300mm ST170 brake pack, but it is unlikely. 13" (165/80/13) doesn't leave you many options when it comes to uprating the brakes, but I can easily keep the same overall size by going to 15" (195/55/15) which leaves me more options brakes wise, won't knock the speedo out of calibration and won't ruing the gearing. Other advantage is it opens up the tyres selection so I can get something a little bit more sticky.
Quote from e2mustang :once i used to like that wing,but its too big,so i went with trunk lip

Trunk lip is cool to. Normally I am totally NOT a fan of wings and all.. but this one is so awsome to me . Saw it in real life and just made me want it right away...
Quote from 5tag :Most of the time the mods are pointless, too. For instance the BMW drivers here, why do they all have to get "angel eyes", smoked or white indicators or gay LED rear lights?

It's a matter of taste perhaps, i find yellow indicators discusting/outdated and boring, also as for BMW at some cases they ruin the looks of the car. Angel eyes also gives most of the times a BMW kind of an unique-bmw-only look and kind of makes the car more furious in looking part. So for instance i find these mods you named there one of the few i find point in actually. They represent the style of bmw..
Quote from 5tag :For instance the BMW drivers here, why do they all have to get "angel eyes", smoked or white indicators or gay LED rear lights?

Because orange indicators are so gay
yep and as i said before a bmw must have angel eyes. not a fan of led tails tho,on e46 m3 it looks good but thats all
not for all bmw's. e30, e34 and others with separate round front lights doesn't look good with angel eyes
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Seriously the whole bashing of people changing parts on their car is getting wearisome.

Either stfu or gtfo. I think Jack's mod looks nice and even if I didn't, who am I to judge, it's his car so as long as he's happy with it.

We all understand the mods will server little practical purpose (I mean downforce, who are you kidding) and that they're asthestic....

how can you expect people to take you serious when you abbreviate words like "the" or "up" or "out"? is your day really that busy that it requires you to reduce a two letter word into an abbreviation?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But there's no discussion. No "hmm, well, I don't like it but ....."

It's just "pointless, why are you trying to add downforce/speed"?

People on this forum (especially those members who have been around longer, or the more "regular" posters - you all know who you are) just bash people for doing anything which changes their cars appearance, whether or not they like it.

I mean, half of the people who can't even drive, what the ****.

This is an online forum Jamie, and when Jack posts up pictures of his car or potential modifications, he should be prepared for good and bad criticism. Not everyone here has bashed on him for choosing such a spoiler (Except for Dadge. He is just being himself. ). Most that have said they dislike it, have gave a reason. For example, my reason was that I prefer the lip spoiler. There is nothing wrong with me casting my opinion about his car or its spoiler. If you cannot handle seeing bad criticism on the internet, then maybe you should do the right thing and disconnect your ethernet cable instead of crying about it. After all, this is just the internet.

Also, stop making wild claims like "half the people who can't drive" are criticizing it. How the **** would you know? Seriously?

EDIT: And that's another thing. Are you saying that people who do not have driving licenses are not allowed to criticize peoples cars? I would hope not, as that makes you look ignorant if I am honest.
and my opinion on his 75 has always been consistent. it's a nice car. but not for his age group. and then to try to make it look like it fits his age group is just wrong. it's as wrong as your dad getting an oak finish on the dash of his Focus ST.
Nao!
hehe
Hah. Yeah everyone has their own taste and it's a good thing so everyone doesn't do / have all the same things.
I myself don't really like angel eyes and stuff like that and in the right car really like the look of yellow indicators. Tho most of the cars they fit really good are the older ones.
Dadge, I abbreviate because everyone knows what I mean, surely. No need to critque my use of grammar

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :This is an online forum Jamie, and when Jack posts up pictures of his car or potential modifications, he should be prepared for good and bad criticism.

There's no such thing as good criticism. Anyone who changes their car from standard, with the exception of XCnuse, gets trolled. Fact.

Quote :Not everyone here has bashed on him for choosing such a spoiler (Except for Dadge. He is just being himself. ). Most that have said they dislike it, have gave a reason. For example, my reason was that I prefer the lip spoiler.

Because of course this whole rant is about you. Because everything is about you, oh my mistake.

Quote :There is nothing wrong with me casting my opinion about his car or its spoiler. If you cannot handle seeing bad criticism on the internet, then maybe you should do the right thing and disconnect your ethernet cable instead of crying about it. After all, this is just the internet.

I use wireless, get with it. I'd appreciate not being patronised. You might be richer than me but that doesn't mean you can talk down to me. Besides, I can deal with it. Many people have tried and failed to whine me off this forum. I'm just thinking that since we are declining in active users then we should perhaps try and give a half decent impression considering that car modification is almost a right of passage. Not saying that Jack will pack up and leave either but you get my point. It also gets a little old from a user perspective, unless you're part of the "I AM BETTER THAN YOU" crew which seem to whore this forum. Many of them are german but some are British.

Quote :Also, stop making wild claims like "half the people who can't drive" are criticizing it. How the **** would you know? Seriously?

Well if someone is aged between 14 and 17 then it's highly improbable they will have a driving license.

Quote :EDIT: And that's another thing. Are you saying that people who do not have driving licenses are not allowed to criticize peoples cars? I would hope not, as that makes you look ignorant if I am honest.

Their opinion is based upon not actually owning a car, not knowing what it feels like as an owner to see where you can improve a car (in your eyes) from OE spec. So no, their opinions are only about 75% valid. And the remaining 75% of that 75% is opinion copied and pasted from Tristan.
None of that post makes any sense to me. It seems like you are basically saying that people should only talk good about each others cars on here, which is bullshit.

And no, Jack will not pack up because his car has received bad criticism. He realizes what the Internet is like, where as oddly, you do not. Do you need to have a box of tissues at hand every time you read this thread? I cannot help but think you that you react like that "Christ Crocker" guy every time you see people bashing Jacks car, while simultaneously screaming "LEAVE JACK ALONE!"
I need a box of tissues at hand any time I am left alone. WAYHAY.

I am all for opinions but it's the fact that ANY modification which changes a car from standard gets a bashing from either you, or Tristan (sorry) or Shotglass (not sorry) or dadge (funny) or whatever.

It's comments like "why are you putting a wing on it the wheels are obviously not close enough to the ground"....people are way to serious.

I think you're the one making this dramatic Nathan. I'm calmy sipping coffee in my office chair..
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG