The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Awesome. I remember when an Akai sampler was a status symbol!

Got three of them now. MPC500, 2500SE and 2000XL. Should have went for the 2000XL straight away... from what i've picked up over the past two years, it's the best sounding one (besides the 60 and 3000, which are super hard to find (and freaking expensive if you find one)).

Next is gonna be an EMU SP1200, but that one does cost an arm and a leg aswell...
Quote from (SaM) :I'd love to see some actual numbers. Let me know when you've floored it. The data throughput manufactures advertise are never realistic.

Installed the drive and gave it a lot of benching after enabling AHCI and getting proper Intel RST drivers sorted. Seems to be as fast as advertised, even with my outdated X38/ICH9R motherboard. Everything loads lightning fast, no going back to regular HDD system drives.

those benches dont really mean aynthing though
the only number that has any bearing on real world performance is random read and write
and yeah ssds are arsume
Quote from Matrixi :Installed the drive and gave it a lot of benching after enabling AHCI and getting proper Intel RST drivers sorted. Seems to be as fast as advertised, even with my outdated X38/ICH9R motherboard. Everything loads lightning fast, no going back to regular HDD system drives. ]

Wow, those are some very convincing results! Windows must boot in the blink of an eye. And other apps. Although that might be a bit slower in reality.

What I have right now is 2 WD Raptors in RAID 0 with the same chipset. Best I got so far is 140MB/s which was already a noticeable difference to my Samsung storage drive. I can't imagine how sick 2 SSDs in RAID 0 is going to be.
Coming to think of it, I might actually need nothing less because lately I'm doing alot of heavy VFX compositing with HD, 2K and even 4K video for work.

I like it.

This is the last post in this forum, look at the post count.

Quote from (SaM) :What I have right now is 2 WD Raptors in RAID 0 with the same chipset. Best I got so far is 140MB/s which was already a noticeable difference to my Samsung storage drive. I can't imagine how sick 2 SSDs in RAID 0 is going to be.

again sequential speeds are utterly irrelevant for 99% of all usual pc work
random is where its at and a good ssd will have a random read of about 60mb/sec while a hdd is somewhere down at around 0.1mb/sec
wow.. ssd prices are retarded
it flies VERY well. I'd say it was worth the $300 i spent on it. (or £187.48 [or €221.353])
Attached images
E-flite_Apprentice_15e.jpg
Quote from Xobeohs :it flies VERY well. I'd say it was worth the $300 i spent on it. (or £187.48 [or €221.353])

That much? It'd better be a big motherfxcking plane!
Quote from dadge :nice. i'm planning on getting the Akai apc20 in a week or two.

Nice. Have been looking at this myself.

Then, couple days ago I stumbled across this...

APC20 + APC40 mod

Looks so good! Future of contoller DJ'ing.

Really want it now.
just ordered for the new bimmer
Quote from (SaM) :That much? It'd better be a big motherfxcking plane!

if 5 feet* of wings is big in your book, then yes, it is a big motherfxcking plane.

* about 1.5 meters
Nice, tiny thing! (2GB + 16GB microSD )

SanDisk Sansa Clip+
Attached images
sansa.jpg
EVGA backplate

And a high flow cooling bracket

A decent temp drop with these, thus lower fan RPM. Very satisfied.
Attached images
backplate.jpg
bracket.jpg
Diesel.
New Alternator.
Diesel.
1kg Cadbury's Fruit and Nut.
1kg Cadbury's Whole Nut.
1kg Cadbury's Milk Chocolate.

I rewarded myself with a little bit of choco after changing the alternator. :]
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Diesel.
New Alternator.
Diesel.
1kg Cadbury's Fruit and Nut.
1kg Cadbury's Whole Nut.
1kg Cadbury's Milk Chocolate.

I rewarded myself with 3KG of choco after changing the alternator. :]

fixed lol.
Quote from dadge :fixed lol.

Isn't that much, I scoffed it all before I finished my second cuppa coffee.

140bhp woohoo.
6 of these:

1 of these:

1 of these:

And a few litres of this:
Couple things bought within the course of 2 weeks:

gigabyte wireless n card for pc

Asus VE248H (brilliant LED-lcd monitor)

Asus RT-N12 (already put DD-WRT on it )

Don't have a BT car kit so bought this

and...

Post your Last Purchase!