The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :is a lot nicer than a 3000$ repair bill.

Insurance is there to protect you from life-ending financial burdens in the case of an accident. Driving around with no insurance is dangerous (and illegal), and to make it not cumpulsory, would be a retarded idea. (Especially with some people out there.. they'd go sans insurance to save money, but they'd be getting in 3 crashes a year.

Plus, I think there are provisions in the UK to "self-insure" if you can prove that you have the funds in case of a massive tragedy to front it all (I think it's a few million pounds).

If somebody dies, no amount of money is gonna compensate for that.

Besides, if your car is worth 200 £ there won't be any life ending financial burdens. What about if your house collapses? Is house insurance compulsory? No. Insurance of almost any kind is completely uneccasary, how about, don't rely on insurance to bail you out of your bad driving? How about, people pay for bills out of their own pocket? How about, people stop driving into trees when they are still teenagers...

People claim on insurance for a broken window and then wonder why their insurance goes up, it's got nothing to do with claims bonus, most of car damage happens when you're not even moving vandalism etc.
Quote from speedway :Get your facts straight, the only insurance that is mandatory is the one that covers the damage you do to others. Having your own shit covered is only an option.

I didn't have my facts straight in the first place, I never said I did, quite the opposite, and my point was, I will only pay insurance to cover my mistakes for other people, not for my own mistakes. So why don't you read a little more. But seriously, if you can find a policy where my shit isn't covered. Let me know, cos in the UK such a thing does not exist.
Quote from BlueFlame :But seriously, if you can find a policy where my shit isn't covered. Let me know, cos in the UK such a thing does not exist.

Third party / third party fire and theft?

Quote :You should also be aware that if you do have an accident and there is damage to your own vehicle that Third Party insurance will not cover the cost of any repairs to your vehicle; you are liable for damages, breakdown fees and towing fees yourself.

-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from logitekg25 :
obviously a bmw is not ideal for a first, no matter how bad i want it..so i was thinking for a very first i could get a Dodge Dakota.

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic behind this... is it an american thing? And... track days in a truck... seriously?!
Quote from jibber :

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic behind this... is it an american thing? And... track days in a truck... seriously?!

He probably just means Ovals. Or dirt ovals lol.
Quote from PMD9409 :$3,000 a year for my Impreza.

nice, my ex-classmate is paying about 250$ a year for his '04 wrx sti
Quote from Töki (HUN) :WHAT! That's über super cheap. Even without the engine. That was a bargain. Hope you keep the M3 though!

never ever selling that !
Quote from jibber :

Some people here think getting a big vehicle means you won't be killed in an accident and the insurance will then be cheaper. Americans != logical.

Quote from Agniz :nice, my ex-classmate is paying about 250$ a year for his '04 wrx sti

lol wtf, that's what I'm paying each month.
250 a year? a motorbike costs over 100. maybe 2500 perhaps?
Quote from PMD9409 : lol wtf, that's what I'm paying each month.

this is Latvia lol, insurance here is cheap
110 euro a year for me...
But don't you pay for your tax (based on a vehicle's weight) in a similar fashion to our insurance? (monthly?).... Just what I've heard anyway, more than makes up for our high insurance costs (if you get a large vehicle).
i pay 0 tax, oohhh i love old timers
Quote from BlueFlame :If somebody dies, no amount of money is gonna compensate for that.

That's the thing.. money does exist to compensate the families for the funeral and other things (like being sued). Insurance will cover this (at least in Canada).

Quote from BlueFlame :
Besides, if your car is worth 200 £ there won't be any life ending financial burdens. What about if your house collapses? Is house insurance compulsory? No. Insurance of almost any kind is completely uneccasary, how about, don't rely on insurance to bail you out of your bad driving? How about, people pay for bills out of their own pocket? How about, people stop driving into trees when they are still teenagers...

Yet again, car insurance is meant to save your ass when you run over someone. It covers damages to property, the other vehicle, In canada I have the option for "collision" which insures my own car for repair even if I crash, and general fees in the event of death.

There's a reason it's illegal (in CAN) to not have insurance as not having it is being a selfish twat. You think that you're invincible and never make mistakes... well everyone does when they least expect it. Yet again NOBODY that whines about "oh insurance is too expensive" can afford to pay out of their pocket for a fatal accident.

$2000 a year really isn't that much to pay for the coverage I get ($2 Million). Considering that would repair my car, the other persons car, plus any lawsuits for a death.
Quote from G!NhO :110 euro a year for me...

a year? What do you drive? A moped?

My insurance is about 60 euros a month.
bmw e30 320i '83
Quote from dawesdust_12 :$2000 a year really isn't that much to pay for the coverage I get ($2 Million).

Actually it is. I'm paying 600€/year for 10 mil € coverage, minimum in Austria is 6 mil.
Quote from G!NhO :bmw e30 320i '83

wtf.. Are you sure you didn't make a typo on that last post? I mean, 110 euro a year is really low.

I am driving a Mazda Xedos6 (year '96) which is in no way a BMW 320i (which is, last time I checked, about 5 euros more expensive per month). How much year driving experience do you have already? Even though I can't imagine it being THAT low.
Quote from BlueFlame :Must be language barrier that stops me from understanding it, but thank you for clarifying this. This might help me find cheaper insurance.

Fully comprehensive is normally cheaper than TPFT or TP only, means you're likely to drive more carefully, more responsible, etc.

Always been £400 to £600 cheaper with fully comp.
Quote from morpha :Actually it is. I'm paying 600€/year for 10 mil € coverage, minimum in Austria is 6 mil.

It's still not brutally awful as BlueFlame seems insistant on fronting the 2 million coverage out of his extremely massive pockets in the case of an accident.

Blueflame, just to make it really simple for you...

$2000 < $2,000,000
Quote from logitekg25 :obviously a bmw is not ideal for a first, no matter how bad i want it..so i was thinking for a very first i could get a Dodge Dakota. it would be from the generation 1997-2003, cause thats the body style i want, and it is the overall best deal imho.

So rather than getting a decent sized sedan that will be easy to drive, cheap to fill up and run for a life time. You're going to get a massive truck for people with tiny dicks and spend your life stopping in at every petrol station you go past?

Great thinking...

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Fully comprehensive is normally cheaper than TPFT or TP only, means you're likely to drive more carefully, more responsible, etc.

Always been £400 to £600 cheaper with fully comp.

I found that out a while back. I got a quote of £2,000 TPFT for a Defender 110 2.5TD. Chose full comp and it went down to £900. Which was quite amusing.
Quote from mamoru :wtf.. Are you sure you didn't make a typo on that last post? I mean, 110 euro a year is really low.

I am driving a Mazda Xedos6 (year '96) which is in no way a BMW 320i (which is, last time I checked, about 5 euros more expensive per month). How much year driving experience do you have already? Even though I can't imagine it being THAT low.

Guess the car is on his dad's name or something. But yeah, that's very cheap for a "fresh" driver.
Ah how many times I have seen the discussion about car insurances over here but still I'm always as stunned reading those high prices people have to pay. Also, contributing again.

In Finland it doesn't matter who owns the car, only the car itself. I pay about 500 euros per year for my car insurance and I think it's even a bit on the expensive side. And my car is old RWD car with 2.0 engine...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG