The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
yea.
That's weird...
I don't Completely Destroyed your house, maybe two windows and something other.
Im sorry for that what I did.
can i build the church or the town hall
I'm gonna dig out mine below my house...Need a pick to bust through sandstone.....and torches which I can make easy
I just bought Minecraft yesterday, awesome game.

EDIT: Could you add me to the whitelist? My nick is gacek1, thanks in advance
Quote from gacek1 :I just bought Minecraft yesterday, awesome game.

EDIT: Could you add me to the whitelist? My nick is gacek1, thanks in advance

added you as well.
lol my friend didnt like the game when i showed he said it was ''old school'' i was just wtf it is supposed to be like this then i slapped him

(the slap part IS not true :i) !
I was building a tower based on the attached picture - which some Dutchies will surely recognise - at my old house, but it's unfinished. I could re-build it in the town, but as it's supposed to be ~90 blocks high or so I don't think everyone would be appreciative of my build fever

I mean, not that it wouldn't be a stunning structure, but just too damn tall I guess.
Attached images
Martinitoren.jpg
Thanks to Boosted, we now have a warp point at the city.
"/warp city" will beam you straight to the Square of the tranquil miner
I can't seem to stay connected to the server for longer than a couple of minutes, so I can't build tonight

Anyway, I'm alright with the whole mayor thing, but if we're start with titles we might as well add a sheriff

I'm also alright with someone else building the city hall, just keep in mind that it needs to be quite an impressive building, so not just 20x20 square cobbles with some glass. I marked out a 40x30 lot next to the square (I think it's 40x30 anyway... hmm unsure now) and was thinking about making the first 10-15 tiles the garden / 'driveway' sort of thing, and then just slapping down a whitehouse style building made up mostly out of smooth stone and stone slabs, pillars at the entrance and a two-way staircase inside that leads up to several rooms.

The building certainly needs to induce a big wow-effect though. I mean, not as impressive as this, but a little something like that at least
That building is sooooo awesome !
Server went down?
server down?
Looks it :'(
Server is back. But struggling.
still says server unknown for me :i
lul it says when i try to log on user not premium ?
Restart MC
can i haz whitelist pl0x?

EDIT: i failed to put my user.

-crwurabus
Was a bit bored, started my basement free-range chicken farm

Already got some automatic egg collection system designs worked out, once we start the industrial district of the city I'll put up a chicken farm
Attached images
free_range_eggs_cough_cough.jpg
Quote from morpha :Was a bit bored, started my basement free-range chicken farm

Already got some automatic egg collection system designs worked out, once we start the industrial district of the city I'll put up a chicken farm

Not going to lie...that place scares me far to many chickens :S
Okay, as expected some things are getting a bit out of hand so I suppose it's time to give your friends and friends of friends that are also whitelisted a link to this post.

1st Attached image: Yeah, no.

Although it's always a good idea to add more streets and expand the city, there is a standard size road for a very good reason. This picture actually shows the result of two rules being broken. The first is that incorrect 10x10 spacing on the player lots has led to a road that needs to be two wide. The second rule being broken is that someone actually built that two-wide road to compensate for the first mistake; the result of this is that the road looks crazy ugly and due to incorrect spacing the problems are only going to increase from there on out: you make a lot 11 tiles instead of 10, and the next lot is also incorrectly sized, then the road needs to be compensated which might still look alright since it's hard to see the difference between a 10x10 road and a 15x15 road when they're all connected right? Then suddenly a stretch of road comes over from another part of the city which is sized correctly and all hell breaks loose because suddenly we get 4x15 player lots (just an example) next to the area where the roads meet up.

In short: if you get to a point where you want to add to the city but are unsure about road placement, house placement or anything else - ask me, Morpha or Tomba. If neither of us are online, just wait it out but don't go crazy all over the place

Morpha rightfully pointed out that people might not understand the nature of this city: it's not a mining facility aimed at world domination, nor is it a total freestyle project with zero responsibility and zero rules. The city exists to create a neat, living area where people can contribute according to a set system of simple rules. We want people to be able to walk around and say: "wow, this is incredible" instead of "wow, that building is made out of lava and I just stepped into a 400 feet hole in the floor"

I've attached the example of road size and how they work once again. By now the appearance of the road has changed (stone road instead of cobble) but the idea is exactly the same. 10x10 for every part of the road. Just mark out of every 10th tile with a torch and start counting again at the next tile. When in doubt, ask!

That's all
Attached images
Bignono.jpg
Citypiecesexampleresized2.jpg
Imaginary cities. Serious business.
2/10

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG