The online racing simulator
Nice interresting info Scawen, this is what I ment with an 'update report'
Well can't say I'm over the moon with the 'update'...if we can call it that. All we know is that they are still working on the issues they were working on a couple years back.

For me, LFS is now a distant ex-lover, who I will always have found memories of. Unfortunately, time has moved on and we grew apart, meetings between the two of us grew distant and became infrequent. I starting seeing others. Another one who gave greater variations and styles and sure she costs more, but it was worth it with the joy I was getting in turn.

Sure I'll sneak back to LFS every now and then for a quick fumble, and the old spark is still there...but there is something missing, something that's hard to put a finger on but is vitally important for the partnership to work.
Quote from Amynue :Some people in this thread seems to be unbelievably smart since they say 2 years for developement of the tire physics is way to long and they would do it faster, so I have a question for you.

http://www.lfs.net/page_images/pics/tyre_04.jpg

Which way the wheel rotates at this picture?
A. clockwise
B. counter-clockwise
C. doesn't rotate at all
D. jabba

Without ANY doubt... D.

JABBAAAAAH
I wouldn't reccomend LFS to anyone anymore, not at this moment in time anyway. Theres been a few times where i've fired LFS up and thought i'd give it a go only to end up quitting soon after pressing "Display list of hosts". Half of my server list is populated by demo servers and only 1 or 2 of the S2 ones that are left are worth going in and if your Australian/American etc i'd just go for iRacing because there's not much for your timezone at all.

Oh and 5haz, STFU fella, you've never put as much time in the game like alot of people commenting have, you've been round Blackwood in the FBM few times and think you know everything there is to do/know in LFS, this isn't true, you know **** all compared to someone like Jason. Why don't you do us all a favour and F*ck off somewhere? Preferably somewhere very very high to somewhere very low soon after.
+1 Mackie
Quote from Nick Brad :I judge it based on the fact that I have raced online, albeit using demo servers and by looking at what content is available. (Something you have missed in my multiple posts it seems by your comments.)

I based my last post on the fact that you've not done any online racing. http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Nick%20Brad shows that you haven't. So if you'd like to show us your other account...

Quote from Nick Brad :...I realise that I can't take advantage of league rules that effectively equalise the different cars...

Could you give an example of these league rules if you don't mind?

Quote from Nick Brad :So far, the only person who has replied to me directly without choosing to insult me and actually take the time to read what I have posted is Ingolf.

Quote from Nick Brad :(or maybe not if they're encapsulated in their own little bubble too much to read my posts thoroughly and see what I am actually saying).

Hmm, what do we have here?

Quote from Nick Brad :None of this bothers me much though as I have said before because I am AN OVAL RACING FAN!!! Therefore, the demo meets any requirements that I may have for circuit racing, in fact, if I paid for S2, i'd probably still only use the same tracks as I'm not particularly interested in learning how to go fast on the other ones.
So far, the only person who has replied to me directly without choosing to insult me and actually take the time to read what I have posted is Ingolf. If I have to become a sheep and follow everyone elses thinking to fit in then league racing holds nothing for me either I guess as I have my own mind.
Roll on the eventual release of S3, then LFS will get my money and not until then.

If you're an oval racing fan and you're waiting for the release of S3 just to play at Rockingham oval (which is pretty much the same type of oval as Kyoto) then you're even more silly than I thought. If you can't road race, don't want to league race, and don't want to buy S2 then frankly you're just trollin'.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Oh and 5haz, STFU fella, you've never put as much time in the game like alot of people commenting have, you've been round Blackwood in the FBM few times and think you know everything there is to do/know in LFS, this isn't true, you know **** all compared to someone like Jason. Why don't you do us all a favour and F*ck off somewhere? Preferably somewhere very very high to somewhere very low soon after.

Mr Pearson, considering your future prospects seem to consist of washing cars for your daddy, I don't think you're the kind of person who should be questioning anyone's intelligence, let alone mine.

Also, lets not confuse driving ability or dedication with intelligence, they are very different things. Dogs are loyal but they are not intelligent. By most accounts you can drive but I've yet to see you come up with anything smart or witty.

I'll write it in a way you can understand...

you are not entitled to anything new, there is nothing in the license agreement that says your £24 entitles you to more content even the newest of demo racers should be able to grasp this concept, unfortunately it seems you still haven't yet.

Cry me a river.
Actually i don't do that anymore and i have a job now with a large growing company with good prospects and pay Up yours you prick!

None of us ever said we were entitled to anything but when you've been promised updates for 2 years, updates we were willing to pay for, updates we've been waiting for, i think the least we deserve is for them to tell us which direction they want to go, how long things are going to take so then we can make our minds up if we want to leave or stay.

I bet alot of teams are wondering whether to shut shop a few big ones already have. You don't understand how much effort some people have put in this sim only for the devs to throw it back in their face, the least they can do i tell of future plans and keep it somewhat fresh. But all we get is some stupid progress report and an explation into tyre physics which although was an interesting read isn't something i really care about right now, all i care about is when/if "it's" going to happen.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Actually i don't do that anymore and i have a job now with a large growing company with good prospects and pay Up yours you prick!

Good to see you've found another career path for people who are still thick as two short planks.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :None of us ever said we were entitled to anything but when you've been promised updates for 2 years, updates we were willing to pay for, updates we've been waiting for, i think the least we deserve is for them to tell us which direction they want to go, how long things are going to take so then we can make our minds up if we want to leave or stay.

I bet alot of teams are wondering whether to shut shop a few big ones already have. You don't understand how much effort some people have put in this sim only for the devs to throw it back in their face, the least they can do i tell of future plans and keep it somewhat fresh. But all we get is some stupid progress report and an explation into tyre physics which although was an interesting read isn't something i really care about right now, all i care about is when/if "it's" going to happen.

Nothing has ever been 100% guarenteed, so if you paid for your licence on the back of some vague promises of updates then you're a bit of a mug aren't you?

The devs are not obliged to give you what you want, they're not obliged to keep promises unless they are legal obligations and they certainly aren't obliged to work to your deadlines, shut up and be greatful for what you've already got.

Boo ****ing hoo.
I just wondered why you hate on me so much then i realised if i looked like a girl i'd probably be pissed off all the time too.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I just wondered why you hate on me so much then i realised if i looked like a girl i'd probably be pissed off all the time too.

Yes I do look a bit like a girl, I'm not particularly pissed off about it though, but do you have anything relevant to the discussion or have you run out of ammunition and are resorting to the tactics of a primary school child?

Hating? My first post in this thread wasn't even adressing you. As per usual you start the fights and then try to blame the victim.
You were the one that started to get personal...

You call me thick yet i'm the one thats getting paid to learn Whilst you end up with 50k's worth of debt and job at McDonalds.
Quote from Scawen :No spam please, Tomba or others. This thread is going to be here a long time.

We've spent some time preparing reports, it would be great if we don't have to spend the rest of Christmas Eve removing spam and giving infractions to angry people.

Thanks.

Listen guys, Scawen asked for you to try keep some level of respect in not to many a word of speaking.
But no you want to turn this thread into a replica of the other, please don't.
Sure many of us hoped that maybe there was something in the Christmas stocking, but sometimes all you get is a card and some wise words.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You were the one that started to get personal...

Your opening post was...

Quote :Oh and 5haz, STFU fella, you've never put as much time in the game like alot of people commenting have, you've been round Blackwood in the FBM few times and think you know everything there is to do/know in LFS, this isn't true, you know **** all compared to someone like Jason. Why don't you do us all a favour and F*ck off somewhere? Preferably somewhere very very high to somewhere very low soon after.

Your arguments fall flat on their face each time.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You call me thick yet i'm the one thats getting paid to learn Whilst you end up with 50k's worth of debt and job at McDonalds.

Sorry but I can only go with the impression you give in your posts, and its not a great one. Considering you can't seem to get a point across without wearing out profanity and contradicting yourself every other post, then resorting to the kind of insults I'd expect from a 12 year old chav, I can't exactly see you as being very smart at all.

I don't know maybe you're a perfectly mild mannered person in real life but your internet persona dosen't reflect that very much.

I've only just finished one term so the jury is still out on whether I end up flipping burgers. I see you're relying completely on old stereotypes which dosen't exactly give an impression of intelligence either.
You can both **** off and if you want to continue take it to PM's. We don't need to read this.
My first post wasn't personal at all, i didn't bring your personal life into the argument nor did i question your intelligence. You might be book smart but once you get a job (believe it or not at some point everyone needs one, even someone as smart as you) it doesn't really mean anything does it? Yes it might get you the job initially but soon they'll realise your a useless wanker without any relative work experience. We're still going for the same goal (to make money) i don't need to go to uni and listen to some jumped up pricks like yourself to do that.
Quote from RasmusL :You can both **** off and if you want to continue take it to PM's. We don't need to read this.

He said, while not adding anything remotely on topic either.

Nobody has anything new to add anyway, this discussion goes round in and endless cycle with some people not being able to face the fact they aren't owed or deserve anything and some other people trying to make them see the light of common sense. Its all very frustrating and repetetive for both sides.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :My first post wasn't personal at all, i didn't bring your personal life into the argument nor did i question your intelligence. You might be book smart but once you get a job (believe it or not at some point everyone needs one, even someone as smart as you) it doesn't really mean anything does it? Yes it might get you the job initially but soon they'll realise your a useless wanker without any relative work experience. We're still going for the same goal (to make money) i don't need to go to uni and listen to some jumped up pricks like yourself to do that.

Again you contradict yourself by claiming to not be getting personal then calling a person you have never met a 'jumped up prick'. If I want a lecture on life, I'll take it off someone who can remember what they typed five seconds ago ta.
Thanks Scawen/Devs for the "report" very interesting reading.

IMO LFS is already one of the best sims out there, I have played many others with the exception of Iracing and have found LFS to be the easyest to install and use, and the best physics/FF feel of the lot.
I know many long time LFS racers that have moved to Iracing for the content and constant development and I think thats fine, but I agree that 90% of them will upgrade thier LFS account to S3 or whatever when it is released.
I havn't tried Iracing because even though someone has pointed out that for £24 you can theroetically get more than 1 car and 1 track in Iracing, once you have paid for even the basic content, if you wish to keep playing it, then the cost becomes much more as each month/year passes so I won't try to comapre LFS and Iracing on cost, as for me its the subcription based or "pay to play" payment system that I strongly dislike.

I don't agree with people who say that the Devs owe us or promised us updates, I feel sure that Scawen himself wants to release the next patch as soon as he can, but as its not ready he can't, not that hard to grasp really.
Some things take time, sometimes longer than expected, and only time will tell if it will be worth the wait.

all this has been posted here countless times already over the last few years.
Its ready when.... yes you guessed it "when its ready"

To Nick and other demo players who want promises or updates it really is worth thinking about S2 as all the cars differ and the tracks are varied there is even an oval with some servers dedicated to just oval racing, a single payment and its yours to use for life
I would reccomend LFS to anyone, I wouldn't reccomend visiting this forum as spam and childish crap has become almost ubiquitous and thats the real shame.

SD.
I think the childish back and fourth between you two should really stop now!

Now, my turn...

I wanted to say that I think that the devs have lost respect for their paying customers, and all these people going on about them owing us nothing is utter crap, and is only being said to bait Trolls.

Back in the beginning when LFS first started, the devs did care about us, and it showed. They knew it was a tough proposition to ask us to pay for S1, but LFS was so unique, and so good that many of us said we would be willing to pay, and so we did. Updates came thick and fast, and LFS got better for it. The community grew, and then S2 came by, and we payed again, because we could see the devs vision, as they still shared it back then!

Now we have been a few years since anything meaningful has been done to LFS, and it's starting to suffer for it. It looks dated, and sounds not so great anymore, LFS is in desperate need of some new cars, some new places to race, and maybe some physics updates too, but it's still not beyond repair.

As it stands at the moment, if the devs don't return to the idea of respecting paying customers, and returning LFS and it's community to the way it was, then I think I will not be paying for more updates, which is a real shame.

Here's to better times...
Quote from 5haz :Again you contradict yourself by claiming to not be getting personal then calling a person you have never met a 'jumped up prick'. If I want a lecture on life, I'll take it off someone who can remember what they typed five seconds ago ta.

I don't need to meet you to know you are one, i've seen you, listened to you (well i say listened but it was more like a few quick scans, you bore me) and i made my mind.
Quote from RasmusL :You can both **** off and if you want to continue take it to PM's. We don't need to read this.

+1
Maybe scawen open a new Threat because he want to talk more about Tire Progress with us, not about personal Opinions of development.
Quote from boothy :I based my last post on the fact that you've not done any online racing. http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Nick%20Brad shows that you haven't. So if you'd like to show us your other account...

Not sure why it isn't showing my racing history, I can only assume that as it was using a different pc and I had to re-download the demo, it got lost somehow. There is no other account to show however, I don't beleive in multiple accounts for anything other than my bank and that's only to have an easy way to seperate my savings and disposable cash.

Quote :Could you give an example of these league rules if you don't mind?

That was based on watching old races on youtube of the STCC where points were given a multiplier based on what tracks they raced and which cars were suited to that track. I'm not sure how other leagues work as I haven't signed up to any, not having S2 there didn't seem any point.

Quote :
Hmm, what do we have here?
Quote : Originally Posted by Nick Brad
(or maybe not if they're encapsulated in their own little bubble too much to read my posts thoroughly and see what I am actually saying).

That was posted as I was frustrated at keep repeating myself and people cherry picking my posts for the simple point of using it against me. I expect it from tabloid newspapers, but intelligent users of an internet forum.......... It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, simply something to hopefully goad people into reading everything I had said and try to understand my point of view, rather than just flame me for it. Not the best way to go about it, but like I said, I was frustrated by other peoples actions and I let it get to me.

Quote :
If you're an oval racing fan and you're waiting for the release of S3 just to play at Rockingham oval (which is pretty much the same type of oval as Kyoto) then you're even more silly than I thought. If you can't road race, don't want to league race, and don't want to buy S2 then frankly you're just trollin'.

Kyoto does offer some oval racing, but I foolishly believed that S3 included an oval racing car to go with Rockingham, (a mystery car was originally stated). I would like to race in a league very much so, the interaction with other racers can be very enjoyable and lead to real life friendships, but some of the attitudes displayed on this forum have put me against wanting to deal with those people in a racing environment. I do not and will not allow myself to be bullied into silence or submission by someone just because our opinions differ, but more importantly, I won't race alongside someone who I feel is unneccessarily agressive and probably will have no respect for his fellow racers. Also, I can road race, I just prefer to race ovals, everyone is different. Some people like drifting or drag racing, each to his own I guess, I'm not going to shoot them down for it.
If having a difference of opinion and wanting to express that opinion so it is understood correctly is trolling, then sign me up for a green suit and find me a nice bridge I can hide under and wait for the goats to cross.
Quote from Xenix74 :
Maybe scawen open a new Threat because he want to talk

Yeah, it sure looks like that!

Of course not silly, another six months of silence here and a lot lot lot lot of requests for updates.

Its called; circles.

This whole Sirocco thing... Sirocco acting like a Sirocco, killed all development. And it will continue to do that until sacrifices are being made.

Like, ditching the Sirocco for example
A have a question
"Going to the Games Convention in Leipzig this year?

Make sure you visit the Volkswagen booth where you can drive the new Volkswagen Scirocco in LFS and take part in a competition : The person with the fastest laptime around one of LFS's tracks gets to take home a real Scirocco!

For more information about visiting the Games Convention, please see the GC website.

The Scirocco will be released in Live for Speed at a later date which is not yet decided."

Did it actually happen ? Were the physics good enough for Volkswagen ? Why not us?
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG