The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :This thread is going to be here a long time[...]
Thanks.

That means a lot for me we have to patient
Quote from cleanracer :That means a lot for me we have to patient

Thread is gonna be here for a long time, but that doesn't mean, that update will bw published in 2013
And you guys think that complaining is going to speed things up? Why do you think it's taking a while? Because, it is such hard work. Good things come to those who wait...
Quote from shaunthepup463 :Good things come to those who wait...

+1 That is true. Now, lets wait until february 2011 and we will se a new update

Ok, no.
Perfect, good news. Some progress report is what we need while you work on it. And now please, do not take too long to release it, remember what happened with Scirocco when you announced it. Do not announce something that can take too long to release , people became crazy . By the way, do not release S3 before February, otherwise I have to invite everybody to a beer.... hehehe.

Well now without jokes, we are looking forward for more progress report , it looks it will be the best patch (that's what I think). Good luck and Merry Christmas Devs!
You people should calm down and wait. You paid your money for the game and you might enjoy the game how it is and dont bitch about non being updated. Look , its like if you paid for ms flight simulator . Is it updated ? no.. You should be happy that lfs was being updated for 6years.
**Edit: The only one thing that made me dissapointed and its strange why they annouced scirocco so much and then didnt release it for 2 years.. I cant change it or bring it here so i better shut up.
Thats my opinion. :rolleyes:
Quote from mrocht :Look , its like if you paid for ms flight simulator . Is it updated ? no..

Except flight simulator is updated every now and then... but not for free
We all want the update, it's just some can't wait (even if it's true we've been waiting for a long time already).
I still can't understand why content that is ready can't be released. Isn't Rockingham ready? Isn't the VW ready? These 2 items have been used on various promotion events and yet we can't even try them? Seems to be a priority problem with the way this is being handled.
Quote from robubba :I still can't understand why content that is ready can't be released. Isn't Rockingham ready? Isn't the VW ready? These 2 items have been used on various promotion events and yet we can't even try them? Seems to be a priority problem with the way this is being handled.

Rockingham - can't be released without the "secret S3 car" which isn't probably done yet
Scirocco - stability control isn't done yet
^^i believe more and more that Rockingham and the VW is going to be released as S3 content. If it is so.. well, it is ok. LFS is good Work and maybe the Guys want some fresh money for their work. In fact it is very cool, that we get that much for the price.

BTW: It drives me nuts, that a well known firm take 12$ for a "Demoversion" of an GPL Mod. I am ready to pay 12$ for the Nordschleife in LFS! ..ok enough offtopic
Quote from Martin Deutschland :^^i believe more and more that Rockingham and the VW is going to be released as S3 content.

I think it was always going to be that way, the Scirocco and Rockingham as S3 material.

Quote from Martin Deutschland :BTW: I am ready to pay 12$ for the Nordschleife in LFS! ..ok enough offtopic

Ah yes, a Circuit Builder. So we could roughly re-create real tracks like Le Mans, the Nordschleife, Monza, etc. Would be a massive feature, but also very hard to implement, I'd think?

Still have to learn some tracks with different cars and be fast on them, so I wouldn't really have a right to ask for more content. Scirocco Cup like in Germany would be awesome though.
Quote from Amynue :Rockingham - can't be released without the "secret S3 car" which isn't probably done yet
Scirocco - stability control isn't done yet

this information comes directly from the kitchen of lfs ?
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :I think it was always going to be that way, the Scirocco and Rockingham as S3 material.

No.

VWS + new physics = S2 patch
Rockingham + another new car = initial S3 content

At least that's what they said 1 year ago.
Yeah. Like I said, it's only taking a while, since it is a hell of a lot of hard work. Why don't all you moaners try and model such a realistic tyre simulation?
Quote from shaun463 :Yeah. Like I said, it's only taking a while, since it is a hell of a lot of hard work. Why don't all you moaners try and model such a realistic tyre simulation?

Not again with the "you dont like the speed of the development, make your own game"
Quote from zeugnimod :No.

VWS + new physics = S2 patch
At least that's what they said 1 year ago.

The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders
via: LFS main page
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Not again with the "you dont like the speed of the development, make your own game"

I never saw the word "your own game" in the quote.

It's true tho - if you don't like it - do something about it, instead of moaning.

This is how it goes:
Can't make a game like LFS => You don't have enough knowledge to know what it takes => You can't possibly know what could go wrong => You don't know how much time it may take => You have absolutely no right to moan, about it being slow.

I completely agree with the "make your own game" nevertheless. Why? Because, I'm pretty sure that 99% (not to say 100) of the moaners can't make a game like LFS and keep updating it at the same pace. And imagine how demotivational it would be if a few hundred or thousand people were moaning at you, while you were making this update for them. Tell me, how would this help you? It would cause the same reaction - Stop reading your own forum, so you can concentrate and do what you have to do, instead of wasting your time writing replies or progress reports(in which, by the way you get mostly hate for reporting, but not releasing .. after all these same people were moaning that you were not giving any reports on the situation).

No matter how many times this has been said, and in how many different ways - it is true. Going like "not this again" means that you have no arguments to beat it. Therefore - you are doing nothing but moaning.
And don't forget that they have a life too.
Quote from broken :I never saw the word "your own game" in the quote.

It's true tho - if you don't like it - do something about it, instead of moaning.

This is how it goes:
Can't make a game like LFS => You don't have enough knowledge to know what it takes => You can't possibly know what could go wrong => You don't know how much time it may take => You have absolutely no right to moan, about it being slow.

I completely agree with the "make your own game" nevertheless. Why? Because, I'm pretty sure that 99% (not to say 100) of the moaners can't make a game like LFS and keep updating it at the same pace. And imagine how demotivational it would be if a few hundred or thousand people were moaning at you, while you were making this update for them. Tell me, how would this help you? It would cause the same reaction - Stop reading your own forum, so you can concentrate and do what you have to do, instead of wasting your time writing replies or progress reports(in which, by the way you get mostly hate for reporting, but not releasing .. after all these same people were moaning that you were not giving any reports on the situation).

No matter how many times this has been said, and in how many different ways - it is true. Going like "not this again" means that you have no arguments to beat it. Therefore - you are doing nothing but moaning.

You can read my comments on LFSF, I'm not that a big moaner. I just don't like that we still don't have a patch. I don't moan about it. I know it is extremely hard to code sometihng so close to reality(I have been doing a little programming myself), I respect Scawen and his skills... I'm just saying that this is taking too long and their contact with the customers(community) is, well, bad.

The argument that "do your own game" isn't very useable on these forums, because 99% of the users are simracers and not programmers.

There were times when I was excited about new progress reports, but now, after 2 years without an proper update, I just hate to see progress reports and stuff like "this thread is going to be here a long time"

Excuse me for that...
Looks like I discovered this thread around the time font sizes got involved. Always a bad time in any thread.

For me, two years of silence from Scawen is preferable to two years of noise from the general forum. I can't believe some of you still feel you have something to say about this.
I still love when he mentioned this

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

Orginal post

I wish he could talk a bit more of those
:d
Some people should chill,but im interested in 1 thing,it was planned to release VW Scirocco in the end of 2008 but what really happened
Quote from sjava :Some people should chill,but im interested in 1 thing,it was planned to release VW Scirocco in the end of 2008 but what really happened

This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG