The online racing simulator
i am gonna TBO the shit out of that track !
Quote from Flame CZE :
video link

Thats what I call teasing Looks awesome, great work! Tyre modell/Scirocco can be developed in time, I only want to buy that track!

Scawens postcounter is now 4,063 !! =) +1 post =) after many month
[removed previous content]

Quote from majod :sad thing is [this thread should be created] by one of the developers, not by user accidently finding videos

Quote from Matrixi :If I remember correctly, that's how the Scirocco was discovered aswell.. it's the late trend of LFS.

Quote from Be2K :Scawens postcounter is now 4,063 !! =) +1 post =) after many month

WAS THINKING THE SAME

But we cant see what he posted But if that the video from rockingham site is LFS i do want naow. Hope it will be released soon since the video from rockingham site looks LFS legit
Quote from Guthix :WAS THINKING THE SAME

But we cant see what he posted But if that the video from rockingham site is LFS i do want naow. Hope it will be released soon since the video from rockingham site looks LFS legit

Don't get your hopes up, it's not the Rockingham track that's holding up S3's release.
Its optimization in the core tyre physics.
Some absolutely steller corner sequences at Rockingham. Can't wait to drive it someday.
Quote from Amynue :This is the widest and the shortest M5 ever.

True.. Better should be called normal 3-series but still good job
Quote from bunder9999 :those look nice, but i'd rather drive the track than watch the videos. i'm really disappointed that scawen and victor are finding every opportunity to rub the wounds of not giving us a patch. these videos are just another example.

I'm sorry, but when did you get married the developers? Some of you guys act that way sometimes. "You dooon't love me annnymmoooorrreeee" It's getting embarrassing.

It's just a video knocked up by the guys at Rockingham. I am pretty sure they have the simulator set up down there somewhere as well. It's hardly a big deal, and i am not sure how this is an example of the devs rubbing the wounds. That's nonsense.
Great to see this preview of content. This is exactly the type of release LFS needs, but it needs to be on the front page. Not in some obscure thread here.
At first I also wanted to have new content in LFS as soon as possible, especially Rockingham as it would add a second oval to LFS.

But over time my mind changed and I think it is the new tire model that lfs really needs.

No content whatsoever would bring the racing community back to LFS (see "racing" here ... not moaning, not cruising, not drifting) for a reasonable amount of time.

But a superior tire model could give LFS the advantage to attract racers and put it back in place of number one online sim.

I really hope all the time Scawen takes in development of the tire model isn't wasted and results in something really good.

My 2 cents.
I cant believe it its that real or a fake

I cant understand why the devs dont show us the Videos first.

Maybe its a leak
leaked right to the official rockingham website?
Quite clearly it's Rockingham who have commissioned the developers of LFS to do this project. Probably invested quite a large sum too getting the track laser scanned as well.

I am not sure how this correlates to people being confused as to why the developers should show the community first? Some of you guys have weird expectations of the developers... it really doesn't make any sense.

All I can see is a run through on a track we already know has been in development for quite a while. it's really nothing new.
Quote from Intrepid :All I can see is a run through on a track we already know has been in development for quite a while. it's really nothing new.

Oh come on, that's just spewing random crap and you know it.
Obviously it's in our interest to see these videos. It's practically what we're waiting for, that's quite interesting. Is it nothing new that we have videos of all the tracks? You might have a different definition of the word 'nothing' than the rest of us.
Quote from RasmusL :Oh come on, that's just spewing random crap and you know it.
Obviously it's in our interest to see these videos. It's practically what we're waiting for, that's quite interesting. Is it nothing new that we have videos of all the tracks? You might have a different definition of the word 'nothing' than the rest of us.

This is ridiculous. The developers can do as they please. Unless you have actually invested in LFS I don't see where all this weird behaviour comes from.

People have these very odd expectations of the developers of LFS. Somehow buying a licence for S2 makes suddenly means they have to answer to your beck and call. It's all becoming a bit weird. I feel for the developers to be quite honest hence why I continue to post in this thread.

All that has happened is that Rockingham have put together a little visual demo of the digital version of the track (that they've had for AGES) for their website. It's really not that big a deal... it really isn't.
Quote from Intrepid :This is ridiculous. The developers can do as they please. Unless you have actually invested in LFS I don't see where all this weird behaviour comes from.

People have these very odd expectations of the developers of LFS. Somehow buying a licence for S2 makes suddenly means they have to answer to your beck and call. It's all becoming a bit weird. I feel for the developers to be quite honest hence why I continue to post in this thread.

All that has happened is that Rockingham have put together a little visual demo of the digital version of the track (that they've had for AGES) for their website. It's really not that big a deal... it really isn't.

People care, and the slightest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is always going to be blown out of proportion, I wouldn't bother trying to stop it

I agree that this concept of being "owed" whatever the devs are working on is flawed, though. Thankfully most people are just enthusiastic, or over-enthusiastic, rather than bitter.
That's the thing too. Other sims have come out, but that lust for LFS still exists because it is the most complete package for actually racing. It has a brilliant multiplayer setup that makes coming and going for a few races or a whole evening very very simple. iRacing, NKP and rFactor don't have that ease. LFS deserves to have this update, so it can regain its position as one of the most popular racing simulators.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's the thing too. Other sims have come out, but that lust for LFS still exists because it is the most complete package for actually racing. It has a brilliant multiplayer setup that makes coming and going for a few races or a whole evening very very simple. iRacing, NKP and rFactor don't have that ease. LFS deserves to have this update, so it can regain its position as one of the most popular racing simulators.

I dont think that LFS gonna regain its position in the most popular simulators, with 1 new track and 1 new car
Quote from Udris1992 :I dont think that LFS gonna regain its position in the most popular simulators, with 1 new track and 1 new car

Correction, 2 new cars and 1 new track, and some other non-confirmed S3 content.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG