The online racing simulator
I think he is trying to make fun of the statement of getting "chill", it can also mean getting scared of something
Insects.. bugs.. hmm I can't see a relation to the development and these words. Especially not the 2nd one..

Edit: Post 666 ftw.
Yes, bugs. How are bugs not related to the process of development?

@TVE: Not really, no.
Good guess tho!
K,now this should really be called spam coz I dont see the point of this thread at all
i wouldnt care if they released something even with full of bugs,who cares,let us test something,will tell ya whats wrong
Why hasn't it been released yet? The answer is quite simple. Releasing a version changing everything in the game physics means erasing all the results on lfsworld.net. Any current WR will be gone for ever, and there's no way they can fix some bugs in the car physics after releasing the update. The car behaviour has to be perfectly predictable, there's no space for some inappropriate results of equations embedded in the physics model.
Quote from e2mustang :i wouldnt care if they released something even with full of bugs,who cares,let us test something,will tell ya whats wrong

You hit the nail on the head

Quote from pajkul :Why hasn't it been released yet? The answer is quite simple. Releasing a version changing everything in the game physics means erasing all the results on lfsworld.net. Any current WR will be gone for ever, and there's no way they can fix some bugs in the car physics after releasing the update. The car behaviour has to be perfectly predictable, there's no space for some inappropriate results of equations embedded in the physics model.

They can keep the lfsw records and release a test patch, when it's fixed from bugs, they release it as a normal update and erase lfsw...
Thanks for the update report. And thank you for sharing what you have learned about tyre physics. Looks like you guys have done quite a bit of research on this matter!
My guess is that releasing test patches, containing such changes will be incompatible with the others. Therefore, every new patch would require new dedi and LFS installation.

It is a lot better the way the developers are doing it now. Just one jump, with 1 incompatible patch, after which the next patches will be compatible. Otherwise - you'd have a few incompatible patches, and it would cause overall instability. Who knows what that might cause.
Many test patches, each incompatible with the previous is just unprofessional and brings confusion and chaos, imo. Not something you would want if you were a developer either.
what i still don´t understand is why scaven alowed the people at the game convention drive the vw with the old physics and the rest of the community had to stand and watch. he has every right to decide the way he did, but this situation is giving bad feelings to most of us.

why not release the vw as it is? when the new physics are done we will have an incompatible patch anyways, and we have to learn the new physics on all cars.

the first years lfs was like a really long open betatest with new and exciting features every so often. to be honest lfs is one of the games i am playing for years and years. not much other "final" games are that good.

so please get back to the old style of community involvement and test patch publication. if the physics are that tricky then please step over your shadow scaven and accept at least some help from the community.

peace, mo

@scaven: you can try to do everything on your own, but don´t be surprised if you are alone in the end...
Quote from molocco :what i still don´t understand is why scaven alowed the people at the game convention drive the vw with the old physics and the rest of the community had to stand and watch. he has every right to decide the way he did, but this situation is giving bad feelings to most of us.

Hindsight is 20-20 as they say. I'm sure if he realized that the physics update would take so long, he would have done things differently.

BTW Happy new year to the devs. Fingers crossed this year brings good things to LFS.
Well to be honest, there is pretty much same old things in report. Nothing new really
Just remember how long NetKar fans had to wait until they saw any action in regard to updates and what not.

While you wait, you could always invest in a race licence, and go race for real.

Scawan, have a great new year, and don't let them get you down. The moaners are there in every walk of life.
thanks for the info!
Quote from Intrepid :Just remember how long NetKar fans had to wait until they saw any action in regard to updates and what not.

While you wait, you could always invest in a race licence, and go race for real.

Scawan, have a great new year, and don't let them get you down. The moaners are there in every walk of life.

Well to be honest you cant compare netkar to lfs, you are talking about 1000+- netkar drivers to 20,000+- lfs drivers. 2 different worlds imho, maybe im wrong, maybe not...
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Well to be honest you cant compare netkar to lfs, you are talking about 1000+- netkar drivers to 20,000+- lfs drivers. 2 different worlds imho, maybe im wrong, maybe not...

You ain't wrong.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Well to be honest you cant compare netkar to lfs, you are talking about 1000+- netkar drivers to 20,000+- lfs drivers. 2 different worlds imho, maybe im wrong, maybe not...

yeah.. so the calculation would be like:
Racers = Rn
suffering-factor = suf
Pain = Rn*suf

Seems logical to me
Lost the faith
Seriously Scawen....

This is getting boring, not moving forward as it should be, the speed of progress is getting slower and slower. I almost lost the interest not because I would be interested in other games or had something else to do but nothing is happening serioulsy with this game. I just still remeber the old days and have still some trust but soon it might get lost and me even not recomnding this game to anyone and anymore like I was doing days back...

The game is technicanlly getting outdated more and more. New content missing.
I know I will get flamed but I dont care to be honest guys. I spend so many nice years with this game but apparently something went wrong at some point...
know I will get flamed but I dont care to be honest guys. I spend so many nice years with this game but apparently something went wrong at some point...

Why is It not nice now? why did you enjoy it then and and not now?.
nothing went wrong,it was right from the start. and still is.
It's nothing wrong with LFS (aparat from barrier bug), it's just that it's outdated. People don't say the game sucks, but they claim the game sucks due to the lack of further development.

But as said before, everyone are entiteled to chose their own oppinion, but please try to keep it as constructive as possible, it works better for everyone (not aimed for you, more like people in general).

But fingeres crossed we'll see some good news in 2011
ya I agree with the devil you're losing a hell of a lot of good drivers.
I haven't even got lfs installed and I absolutely loved the game but not any more just lost interest.
It's all down to attitudes you don't bother with us we won't bother with you kind of thing,
you give us a progress report 1 in two years and you couldn't be bothered to tell us anything different,
I admit that when the patch comes out it will probably have the best tyre physics in any game unfortunately
the game itself is outdated. You concentrated on one massive job its is shame you left the rest of the game
to rot away.
Quote from speedykev :ya I agree with the devil you're losing a hell of a lot of good drivers.
I haven't even got lfs installed and I absolutely loved the game but not any more just lost interest.
It's all down to attitudes you don't bother with us we won't bother with you kind of thing,
you give us a progress report 1 in two years and you couldn't be bothered to tell us anything different,
I admit that when the patch comes out it will probably have the best tyre physics in any game unfortunately
the game itself is outdated. You concentrated on one massive job its is shame you left the rest of the game
to rot away.

Your words do not reflect your actions,,, after 7 years as a member you still take the time to comment... thankyou for your support my freind.
When it comes it comes and if it lives as long as S2 it will still be one of the longest lasting games out there.
Quote from JohnPenn :
Why is It not nice now? why did you enjoy it then and and not now?.
nothing went wrong,it was right from the start. and still is.

there were a lot of servers with a lot of people with very good races, then ctra(ukct or something was it's first name) comes then it changes everything, i think that was the golden age of lfs(for public racers) and i miss it very much but it looks like cargame servers can be do the same thing what ctra did some time ago, but this can be too late, don't know, there are a lot of good races but ctra had much more racers
in the last 2 years a lot of people gone from lfs or from pub servers, and it isn't very good for us, who wants to have some fun sometimes, thats why we are bored too, we need something new and not news
Quote from The Very End :It's nothing wrong with LFS (aparat from barrier bug), it's just that it's outdated. People don't say the game sucks, but they claim the game sucks due to the lack of further development.

But as said before, everyone are entiteled to chose their own oppinion, but please try to keep it as constructive as possible, it works better for everyone (not aimed for you, more like people in general).

But fingeres crossed we'll see some good news in 2011

My friend,
there is a lot of things "wrong" with this game and if I wanted to be constructive it would be very long list to mention....

I have been in the game from start when it showed online and things were going clearly much better then nowdays and it seems devs are not able to get things out. From quick development and a bit technically outdated game it got to the stage when at some points its far,far behind the market.

I know its not mass market game but still. All nowdays is about content as well....you dont provide, the game is lost in dust. How many times we heard new track(s), car on the horizont and nothing happend. I remember clearly when Scawen said when most of the graphic cards will be DX9 the game will move to more advance 3D engine. Well most of them are nowdays DX10 at least and what happend. Nothing.

I was supportive many times from very early start and tried to continued many years, I had the faith in this game and my big respect(this word is not enough to explain) but somehow all this is gone because lack of REAL progress with this game.

Apparently in my view Scawen is not giving himself any real deadlines and if you dont make yourself tight deadlines the things will always slip to nowhere. My experience from business.

Its just I am frustrated how great title LFS was and where it got...
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG