The online racing simulator
christmas cant come soon enough
completed international b licence all gold....

only got 1 silver in international c.

im loving everything about gt5.
Civic seems a bit over powerd as a starting car, gained 11 second gap in 1st race lol
Impressions from Nogrip forum - most people seems to be happy with the physics

Quote : OK so to get the control pad working whilst using a wheel you actually have to start the PS3 without the USB from the wheel plugged in. That way your pad is the No.1 controller instead of the wheel.

Quote:
Not anymore, everything works on G27, paddles - clutch without tri.
Yes, found that the clutch works if you have the H box enabled but not if you are using seq/paddles. Sound.

After setting my PS3 to the highest quality settings and also finding a "sharpen" option in the game settings....I must say the graphics are very, very nice indeed. Beautiful infact. The anti aliasing is much, much better now.

Also managed to turn off the race music after missing the options for it several times.

Can't find a setting to turn off the ghost car though???

Anyway done quite a few laps with my G25 now. Bought my car, an '89 Eunos Roadster and did it up to the same spec. Sport exhaust, racing air filter, de-cat, sports springs. Set the steering to simulation, power assistance off, lowered the strength to 3 after a quick test. Turned all driving aids off including ABS. Went to Deep Forest and

Basically I am astounded at how good the physics are. The car behaves like I know it should do. When you catch a slide it feels spot on. When you oversteer out of a second gear corner it does exactly what my car does and feels incredibly accurate through the steering wheel. The FFB is just fantastic really. No deadzone at all. The tyre model feels exceptional as well.

It's every bit as good as I was hoping it would be and no matter what anybody says this "game" is now finally a racing simulation.

I still think it is totally unacceptable that you're unable to turn off the HUD but I am hoping this will be fixed soon in a patch...........

Maybe more options and features are unlocked as you progress thorugh the game? Like damage maybe? Could not put a scratch on any of the cars I tried in arcade mode....

Quote :The game is stunning. The physics are bang on as are the graphics.

Im loving the Karting, they feel spot on.

Looks like i might need to pull a sicky(being self employed its easy, but costs more!!)

It was definately worth the wait!

Where is the drag strip and Top speed test track?
Just finished installing. Looking forward to it now.

PSN: nsanegtr

feel free to add, would be great to race the guys from lfs .
Quote from jibber :In short words...

I pretty much echo all these feelings. Although it does not have the ultimate subtlety we expect in top sims, after tackling the same corner over and over again in the license test, there is definitely enough depth for someone with my skill. The FF is very good, just a bit light in the middle, but once loaded it is very nice.

This is one of the few game I can comfortably drift a car straight out of a box too, and to me that's a sign of good physics.

Those things I worried about turns out to be a surprise, but vice versa while I didn't expect to be disappointed about the overall quality of the product, many spot of the game feels unfinished and unpolished, the shadow being one problem, the use of repetitive trees and textures another, and lack of many simple features (replay controls, online quali, proper damage) doesn't match my expectation of a product 6 years in the making.
dawesdust_12

add me
Well.. All gold on National B.
My CE is still not here yet - better get here before the weekend :Kick_Can_
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's with the constant redlining

Wheel spin

1.6L no torque, Vtec and turbo come in at about the same time haha

no power... no power... no power... BAM WHEEL SPIN
the elise top gear challenge is bull shit.....kept being DQed for invisible track boundries, 12 moving roadblock totally disregard where you are, and the most unstable elise ever
It definitely is hard.. it's the challenge I'm doing right now.
hell, settled with a silver.
Gotta say I really like the difficulty curve compared to flopz0r
Quote from JJ72 :hell, settled with a silver.

I only just got a bronze.. but I know I can do silver. Gold is a bit nuts.. I'd haffto be 1.5 seconds faster per lap..
Quote from FPVaaron :Gotta say I really like the difficulty curve compared to flopz0r

how? anything I have raced against so far is brain dead. at least in forza you can race with max AI pretty much straight away.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I only just got a bronze.. but I know I can do silver. Gold is a bit nuts.. I'd haffto be 1.5 seconds faster per lap..

well it's about NOT scraping the car in front for me, they are ass slow, but the track isn't that wide and you can't touch them.
Quote from JJ72 :how? anything I have raced against so far is brain dead. at least in forza you can race with max AI pretty much straight away.

Yeah and you can rewind the race too, drift really easy and put a 5L v8 in a focus and keep it FWD

GT5 is actually a challenge which I like

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG