The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from 91mason91 :It's a 2.9L V6 xr4x4

Are they? I always thought XR4x4s ran the same 2.8 (2792cc) cologne V6 as the mk2 granada and mk3 capri had in.

I always thought that the revised 2.9 lump was only fitted in the mk3 granada/scorpio (which is a big sierra anyway ) never knew that sierras had it also.

You live and learn i guess lol
Quote from R34king :@Shotglass you seriously are a nerd hahaha

comming from a guy who calls himself r34king and uses @ to address people... i feel so hurt
pot kettle black much?
Quote from Shotglass :comming from a guy who calls himself r34king and uses @ to address people... i feel so hurt
pot kettle black much?

You should feel hurt! He knows everything by arse licking nisskid and reading wikipedia!
You shouldn't bother to answer them anything, just let them be stupid alone with theirselves
Quote from Shotglass :yeah its totally nerdy to expect a car to actually work as a car

this site is based around race sim, so my guess is we're all motorsport fans. do u think Le'mans cars are designed to go up driveways? before i get the "they arent road cars" speech, look at hypercars, anyone remember that episode of top gear where they cant get out of that car park? does this mean lambo's and fezza's are shit?

cars are built for different purposes, not all of them are built to get susie down to the grocery store day after day, some are built for enjoyment, in this case practicality often takes a back seat.

i'd expect the practicality speech from my mum, not a car enthusiast based forum.

Quote from TehPaws3D :Says the person that has a car drifting as a avatar

wow, you just managed to make no sense.

btw, no need to take offense to being a nerd, i'll admit i'm one, but coming onto a car enthusiast based forum and giving people shit for owning low impractical cars takes the cake as far as nerdyness goes lol
Quote from danthebangerboy :Are they? I always thought XR4x4s ran the same 2.8 (2792cc) cologne V6 as the mk2 granada and mk3 capri had in.

I always thought that the revised 2.9 lump was only fitted in the mk3 granada/scorpio (which is a big sierra anyway ) never knew that sierras had it also.

You live and learn i guess lol

1987 Xr4x4 Sierra models had 2.9L V6 cologne engines.
The model you're on about is an earlier 1983 xr4x4 Sierra.
And just i will be posting pics shortly of the car completly stripped for painting.
Quote from nisskid :...but coming onto a car enthusiast based forum...

car enthusiast based forum? This forum is based on a computer game.. not car enthusiasts. You have probably taken the wrong exit, mate.
Quote from nisskid :car enthusiast

cer enthusiats != idiots who think having cars scrape is cool
A picture as promised. The car after going through the primer today and ready to paint soon.
Attached images
DSC00082.jpg
Quote from Shotglass :cer enthusiats != idiots who think having cars scrape is cool

A scraping car when under compression is cool (F1 for instance) having a car that scrapes and is completely impractical is not cool.
we play a racing sim because we are car enthusiasts..i think he has a perfectly valid point.

*puts flame suit on*
Quote from logitekg25 :we play a racing sim because we are car enthusiasts..i think he has a perfectly valid point.

*puts flame suit on*

I'm no car enthusiast. I just like to drive cars. If I pull the hood open, all I am looking for is leaves or other nasty stuff.. what is really under there? I don't know. I do like to watch cars though, but don't ask me how to replace parts or put on aftermarket stuff.
well im young so it doesnt really worry me yet..but i dont know what im looking at much. i know how an engine works. and if i NEEDED to i could probably figure out what a part does. but i dont know either .
Quote from R34king :My first thought is holy crap holy crap! that thing looks absolutely dope on the Stretched superlites is that celica supra yours?

Sorry but this is a major petpeeve of mine.

They're aren't superlites, they're legit watanabe RS's.
Quote from logitekg25 :we play a racing sim because we are car enthusiasts..i think he has a perfectly valid point.

*puts flame suit on*

yeh that what was i kinda thought, as a minimum motorsport fans.
Quote from mamoru :I'm no car enthusiast. I just like to drive cars. If I pull the hood open, all I am looking for is leaves or other nasty stuff.. what is really under there? I don't know. I do like to watch cars though, but don't ask me how to replace parts or put on aftermarket stuff.

that's nice, not being a car enthusiast doesnt make u any less ignorant here, it just makes it slightly more understandable as to why u'd be ignorant.

how about just appreciate that they are out there, and for them cars are more than just a means of transport.
Quote from logitekg25 :we play a racing sim because we are car enthusiasts..

I'm not.

I'm actually not interested in cars at all besides LFS and some motorsport series.
Quote from nisskid :that's nice, not being a car enthusiast doesnt make u any less ignorant here, it just makes it slightly more understandable as to why u'd be ignorant.

how about just appreciate that they are out there, and for them cars are more than just a means of transport.

and you are the one to say that because?? You just told me to respect others opinion but you don't respect mine, nice theory.

and, define ignorant.
Quote from mamoru :
and, define ignorant.

ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/Adjective

1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy
Quote from Klutch :ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/Adjective

1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy

That was not really what I meant..
You asked to define ignorance, i did that.
Quote from Klutch :You asked to define ignorance, i did that.

Yes, you did. I was actually asking how he meant it in that sentence. That was my intention at least.

Just a little misunderstanding
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm not.

I'm actually not interested in cars at all besides LFS and some motorsport series.

Quote from zeugnimod :I'm not.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG