The online racing simulator
Quote from Zen321 :Can you paste a link of this website here please ?
And what do you mean by the news were heated up ?

Nevermind. Just saw it was from Nov. 2009

and those news only were brought back to mind about the state of the update.

Quote :norchliefe, magny course

Nürburgring Nordschleife and Magny-Cours
Quote from bunder9999 :be that as it may, you can't just add cars into a game without a car manufacturer knowing, and allowing you to do such. imagine making a game, putting licensed (ie:copyrighted) content in it, and then getting sued by all the auto manufacturers. that's why the cars in LFS are fictional, with the exception of the MRT, RAC, FBM and BF1. (am i forgetting any?)

That's true and i know.. Car makers sometimes suck when you ask them for a licensed model in the game, But look at some of the other models.. But whats wrong with doing like a GTA number on them, Model the cars, Almost exactly the same, Then have some weird mark on it (A sideskirt, For instance) And then add the name some random one (We have alot of random names in LFS already ) And then add the maker to be flagship motor company instead of ford motor company..

Or Does the above not work? I thought it has in the past but.. I could be wrong..
Quote from TehPaws3D :That's true and i know.. Car makers sometimes suck when you ask them for a licensed model in the game, But look at some of the other models.. But whats wrong with doing like a GTA number on them, Model the cars, Almost exactly the same, Then have some weird mark on it (A sideskirt, For instance) And then add the name some random one (We have alot of random names in LFS already ) And then add the maker to be flagship motor company instead of ford motor company..

Or Does the above not work? I thought it has in the past but.. I could be wrong..

i'm not entirely sure how that works. i've been meaning to look into it.
Quote from TehPaws3D :That's true and i know.. Car makers sometimes suck when you ask them for a licensed model in the game, But look at some of the other models.. But whats wrong with doing like a GTA number on them, Model the cars, Almost exactly the same, Then have some weird mark on it (A sideskirt, For instance) And then add the name some random one (We have alot of random names in LFS already ) And then add the maker to be flagship motor company instead of ford motor company..

I think this is how many of the cars we have are, well, "made". Take the XRs for example. They ressemble the RX7 in so many ways don't they. I remember even reading about it somewhere that the in-game cars were supposed to ressemble a real car model but only with a fictional interior, and a name like XRG on it xD.

Though I think the idea of having users "make" models for cars, I think that would in-fact screw up the point of this game, LFS, that makes it so great and exciting even after so many years [or// it could be because I am just so poor that I can't afford any other game ] the fact that it is made by a set number of people who have made their 'ideals' if you may about how the game should be like.

There is a car in most categories of cars (4 wheel cars) in various configurations (FF, FR, MR?) with different power settings (low, medium, high? xD), different engine types [= different characteristics] (Inline, V, Flat). It is simple, fun, and has a high replayability rate for the price of $41.99. With the added bonus of better physics coming "Who knows when". I think this reason has made me a better "racer" if I am deemed as one, because I was forced to be driving either an XFG or XRG around BL for almost a year before I got S2. And even then, I still run the same tracks with the same cars. Not to mention that BL1 and XFG are still my favourite combo for LFS'ing.
OMG! Test patch is out!!!!

Joke.
[QUOTE=PoVo;1477653]OMG! Test patch is out!!! JOKE [QUOTE]

Finally! About time
Quote :

Finally! About time

I can't see any test patch :S

Joke
heh heh : D
Quote from GenesisX :I think this is how many of the cars we have are, well, "made". Take the XRs for example. They ressemble the RX7 in so many ways don't they. I remember even reading about it somewhere that the in-game cars were supposed to ressemble a real car model but only with a fictional interior, and a name like XRG on it xD.

It's actually a Mitsubishi Starion with the interior of a Mitsubishi 3000GT (which Eric happened to drive back then IRC).
Check this
Attached images
xrts.jpg
Ahhh the smell of common sense... Ofcourse the cars are supposed to resemble real cars.The xrs are starions with 3000gt interior,rb4 is toyota celica gt4,fxo is honda integra dc2 with calibra/vectra lights and fz is a porsche 911 with z4 real end......Ohh and fox is a fiat punto.Heheh...

There is no problem at all having photorealistic looking cars both from exterior and interior as long as the names and badjes are slightly changed....

Many game makers do this whenever they don't have enough money to afford licencing and they also do this for tracks as some tracks require licencing...

I don't think there is any reason to name a few gazillion games that had done this.

And as i preach from time to time i cannot understand why the devs don't do a contest for having our talented users try to make super photorealistic models for the cars and have the devs choose what model to integrade in the next game's version.....

There are already real versions of all lfs cars (but they have the real badges and through certainly not bad they are not of very high quality....)

But having a contest were the best models will be integrated in the main game will certainly push mod makers to work that extra hour/day/week to make the perfect model of car /track and have a chance for the model to be featured in the real game...

Also have in mind that the physics will not be touched so i cannot see what is the problem.If the devs want to add another car they can make another contest for the specific car they want a super model to be made...

So again....please think about this...And i am talking to you Scawen,Eric and Victor.....
[QUOTE=justasimfan;1477797]Ahhh the smell of common sense... Ofcourse the cars are supposed to resemble real cars.The xrs are starions with 3000gt interior,rb4 is toyota celica gt4,fxo is honda integra dc2 with calibra/vectra lights and fz is a porsche 911 with z4 real end......Ohh and fox is a fiat punto.Heheh...

[QUOTE]

genki are famous for this kinda carry on... anyone who has played their older games will notice that All their cars where knock-offs of real life.

either way, i see very little OT discussion so mods should lock it up till victor has another Epic procrastination post.
Quote from theirishnoob :[QUOTE=justasimfan;1477797]Ahhh the smell of common sense... Ofcourse the cars are supposed to resemble real cars.The xrs are starions with 3000gt interior,rb4 is toyota celica gt4,fxo is honda integra dc2 with calibra/vectra lights and fz is a porsche 911 with z4 real end......Ohh and fox is a fiat punto.Heheh...

[QUOTE]

genki are famous for this kinda carry on... anyone who has played their older games will notice that All their cars where knock-offs of real life.

either way, i see very little OT discussion so mods should lock it up till victor has another Epic procrastination post.

I do believe everyone is on topic? We are all talking.. Well, Most, Are talking about newer cars etc.. I believe that's related to the progess of the game? I don't see another thread to dump these ideas into.
Also in GTA series are with realistic but slight changed cars with changed badges and names
Would be very fine, if Scawen could say to us something more on point. Not just things like "maybe, we're trying hard, we want to". Something real, what would really cheer up this dejection atmosphere.
Quote from BOSCHO :Also in GTA series are with realistic but slight changed cars with changed badges and names

Actually, GTA4 has a lot of cars that are hybrids between 2 similar cars of the same era. Rarely are there strict carbon copies of a real car.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Actually, GTA4 has a lot of cars that are hybrids between 2 similar cars of the same era. Rarely are there strict carbon copies of a real car.

Which is mainly what we drive around in LFS.. I just wish the devs would be a little more intertwined with the forums.. I'm not saying be up the forums ass but just a little more posting, Maybe at least once a week, I know they are happily developing but.. it can't hurt.. And they could take more ideas from us which is never a bad thing, Unless they for some reason hunt down the forum and just don't say anything.. Which is really really dumb as the could give us updates, That would cure the hype and the "Dejection Atmosphere" But on topic..

I understand that, As the uhm, One car in GTA had a front end like a skyline or something and the back end that looked like a supra, Epic to drive. Can't for the life of me remember, But more on point of realism sucks! (Somewhat..)

To the next person that gives a damn, Most likely the 100th post is right after mine or one post after, SO enjoy!
Quote from TehPaws3D :

I understand that, As the uhm, One car in GTA had a front end like a skyline or something and the back end that looked like a supra, Epic to drive. Can't for the life of me remember, But more on point of realism sucks! (Somewhat..)

To the next person that gives a damn, Most likely the 100th post is right after mine or one post after, SO enjoy!

Sultan/RS?
Quote from TehPaws3D :Which is mainly what we drive around in LFS.. I just wish the devs would be a little more intertwined with the forums.. I'm not saying be up the forums ass but just a little more posting, Maybe at least once a week, I know they are happily developing but.. it can't hurt.. And they could take more ideas from us which is never a bad thing, Unless they for some reason hunt down the forum and just don't say anything.. Which is really really dumb as the could give us updates, That would cure the hype and the "Dejection Atmosphere" But on topic..

This has been discussed time and time again. When the devs have something to say, they will. Simple as that.

And why are you using different fonts and sizes and whatnot? Dont know why, but its really annoying me...
Quote from DevilDare :This has been discussed time and time again. When the devs have something to say, they will. Simple as that.

And why are you using different fonts and sizes and whatnot? Dont know why, but its really annoying me...

its annoying me too

but i dont see why the dev's cant just put a simple

answer, detailed reason why they cant have the users make a car with alot of detail, and then pick and choose what ones will make it in.
Answer, because people want licensed content

Or because they don't want to?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Actually, GTA4 has a lot of cars that are hybrids between 2 similar cars of the same era. Rarely are there strict carbon copies of a real car.

There is one called the Corquette witch is a straight rip off of the corvette...

theres also a dodge viper, a porsche 911 and a ferrari in there somewhere
The Grotti dealership is Ferrari's.
The unannunced S3 car will be annunced at christmas. You heard it here first. :shhh:
make it 2
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG