The online racing simulator
and you wonder why?
Because you're insane.
you´re a really optimistic guy.
I'm the most inspiring person I know.
Yes of course... the only person I know is myself. I'm not at work with several coworkers at all. Nor have I ever had a girlfriend.

[/sarcasm]
Indeed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes of course... the only person I know is myself. I'm not at work with several coworkers at all. Nor have I ever had a girlfriend.

I will agree with your sig......
Then you must work on your reading comprehension.

[/sarcasm] is quite possibly the most useful tag on the internet.
Then use it boy....... I think means smile = joke = laughing = sarcasm .....

Simple.......
LFS is dead when this shows 0 over an extended period of time:
yeah when the server was down cause they were moving servers.
If you think so i never said the community is dead, i said lfs is if a game get no updates in 1-2 years its dead for me ..
So are you saying COD WaW is dead? It's not had updates in 2 years, yet there's still a thriving online community.

Halo 2 (before LIVE servers were shut down for Xbox).. you say that was dead? It hadn't beem updated for a while but people still played it to the bitter end.. was Halo 2 dead? (It'd still be alive today, if Microsoft didn't kill off Xbox support for LIVE, to enable the new Speech codec that came out today)

Just becuase a game isn't updated, doesn't mena it's dead. It just means that development has stopped, is stalled, or is under major restructuring. LFS is in the latter of those 3 states.
Quote from marcel1 : If you think so i never said the community is dead, i said lfs is if a game get no updates in 1-2 years its dead for me ..

http://robotarena.com/

From 2000 - 2003

That game has the worst physics engine, Halfly the worst gameplay, and in general the graphics are worst than LFS's cars when they are out of your render limit ( When the cars online turn into lego blocks. ) And the worst online gameplay, It got a 2/10 even for it's time.

And here is the forum.

http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php

Please explain how it's dead, It hasn't had a update for .. 7 years.
You can read? I said it´s my mind.
If LFS is dead to you, then just **** off. No point in posting over spilt milk.
LFS is not dead... yet
So S3 is still not available? :/ its been a while i've been here.
i dont think this is dead, but i first played lfs in 2005, the S2 version, and i never thought that it would take more than 5 years to have S3, so early this year i bought iRacing and it was totally worth it.
If you really want constant upgrades and content, put your money where your mouth is, do what i did and go for iRacing, otherwise, i fail to see how whining about it will bring S3 any sooner.

Cheers, good luck
Zimmer and oxygen yes, dead no..
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So are you saying COD WaW is dead? It's not had updates in 2 years, yet there's still a thriving online community.

Halo 2 (before LIVE servers were shut down for Xbox).. you say that was dead? It hadn't beem updated for a while but people still played it to the bitter end.. was Halo 2 dead? (It'd still be alive today, if Microsoft didn't kill off Xbox support for LIVE, to enable the new Speech codec that came out today)

Just becuase a game isn't updated, doesn't mena it's dead. It just means that development has stopped, is stalled, or is under major restructuring. LFS is in the latter of those 3 states.

But those games becomes Mods & Maps. LFS development is restricted to Scawen, Eric and Vic. and this slows the content progress down. I dont like to say that free coded Tracks from the Community will be good but one or two new Track from our Community that can be voted for a Public Release could be a good suggestion and gave us all a big reason to play LFS in the meanwhile
correct. robot ***
in LFS you cant do anything without the devs, like in ETS or something
I was thinking about installing my wheel after a very long time. Then I saw this thread and now I'm a sad panda. I will try to find servers with actual racing, see you there!
Quote from Be2K :But those games becomes Mods & Maps. LFS development is restricted to Scawen, Eric and Vic. and this slows the content progress down. I dont like to say that free coded Tracks from the Community will be good but one or two new Track from our Community that can be voted for a Public Release could be a good suggestion and gave us all a big reason to play LFS in the meanwhile

WaW on PS3/360 can't be supported by mods/maps. Maps came out a few months after release of the game.. and that was it.. yet people still play.

Halo 2.. there wasn't even Forge in Halo 2, so people were still playing Bungies maps the entire time.
iRacing will probably get an updated tyre model before LFS does. Dave seemed to be pretty enthusiastic about it.

Here's a video of the version in development:
http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-new-tire-model-video/

In an earlier video Dave was asked how the new model compares with the old one and what grade would he give them respectively. Current model 5, new model 10 (with a wink).

Pretty promising, probably along the same lines Scawen is developing the LFS tyre model. Here's a longer interview about the new tyre model: http://www.virtualr.net/iracin ... re-model-video-interview/
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG