The online racing simulator
I long quit LFS for reasons I shall not disclose to avoid people mistaking me for your average whiner but I do check the home page and the forum for signs of progress. And it's not like I'd want my ten minutes that I waste every month back.

Anyway, I have a theory. The premise is that Scavier had to sign a contract to get the Scirocco and Rockingham, which would mean that they'd be liable to pay whatever sum for a breach of contract if they completely stopped working on LFS and never released the above things, right? Don't get me wrong, I don't want the devs to face legal consequences, I'm just implying that maybe this can be understood as a guarantee that we will see progress? Because right now the most important question for me is not when they'll update the game but if they ever will.
Quote from K.David :I long quit LFS for reasons I shall not disclose to avoid people mistaking me for your average whiner but I do check the home page and the forum for signs of progress. And it's not like I'd want my ten minutes that I waste every month back.

Anyway, I have a theory. The premise is that Scavier had to sign a contract to get the Scirocco and Rockingham, which would mean that they'd be liable to pay whatever sum for a breach of contract if they completely stopped working on LFS and never released the above things, right? Don't get me wrong, I don't want the devs to face legal consequences, I'm just implying that maybe this can be understood as a guarantee that we will see progress? Because right now the most important question for me is not when they'll update the game but if they ever will.

It really depends what the terms of the contract were. If I recall correctly, the deal for the VWS was that Scavier would be able to use the model and VW's data as long as they could offer a playable version for GamesCom 2008 for VW to host the contest to win a Scirocco.

For Rockingham, perhaps the track wanted a playable version to use on their clubhouse, and allow Scavier to use it once it has been completed.
Quote from K.David :Anyway, I have a theory. The premise is that Scavier had to sign a contract to get the Scirocco and Rockingham, which would mean that they'd be liable to pay whatever sum for a breach of contract if they completely stopped working on LFS and never released the above things, right? Don't get me wrong, I don't want the devs to face legal consequences, I'm just implying that maybe this can be understood as a guarantee that we will see progress? Because right now the most important question for me is not when they'll update the game but if they ever will.

All the deals Scavier have done have been non-financial, but mutually benificial for both parties.

I doubt there would be any binding contracts with development deadlines. Deadlines just aren't Scavier's style.
The only guarentee we have that there will be progress is Scawen's word.
I WANT S3 THIS YEAR!!!!!!

and I want more cars
but thats imposible I think
Quote from farcar :All the deals Scavier have done have been non-financial, but mutually benificial for both parties. [...]

That sounds like a smart idea on their part. However, I can't help thinking that the VW and Rockingham parties would count on the benefits that would be incurred by appearance in a great game (e.g., more people might buy their cars, more people might pay for track days), which would require the contract to state a latest release date, I would think. It's just an advertising opportunity that I don't think the companies overlooked. But hey, I could be wrong and they might just not care that much - they got what they wanted for sharing the info in the forms Zen described and if they weren't after anything more then all is fine. Except for my faith in LFS
u guys think the graphics engine will be updated? its taken so long... all time wiating for physics to be done, what are the others doing that work on graphics and textures?
Scirocco is now so old, that is not even interesting any more.
I think that Live for Speed, because of aborted development from Scawen, should go open source. That is the only bright potential for the game.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
Quote from stumbi :Scirocco is now so old, that is not even interesting any more.
I think that Live for Speed, because of aborted development from Scawen, should go open source. That is the only bright potential for the game.

They tok an abort on the Scirocco..aswell as the Rally Pack...
Those bastards!
Quote from stumbi :Scirocco is now so old, that is not even interesting any more.

Maybe ScaViEr started to join the iR community and just forgot that LFS ever happened.. it's just sad that they don't state ANYTHING to their community..

I think many people would at least be happier if they'd tell us "hey, we just quit on LFS, sry folks" rather than no information whatsoever at all..
iRacing ftw. Alteast that is getting developped lol
Quote from bberger :Maybe ScaViEr started to join the iR community and just forgot that LFS ever happened.. it's just sad that they don't state ANYTHING to their community..

I think many people would at least be happier if they'd tell us "hey, we just quit on LFS, sry folks" rather than no information whatsoever at all..

Scawen gives an update every now and then, problem is that it's allways the physics that is in focus, why canot they tell us what's happening with the development of the cars and tracks? Do they seriously belive that the only one new track (since 04 aye?) will be enough (Rockingham)? What have been done on the tracks the last 5 years? Do the BL and SO updates really takes 5 years? Why keep us in the dark, we don't need anything specifiq, just tell us - will there be more tracks, and have there been development on other tracks since 2005?
They don't even read this TVE :-(
But would be very cool if they'd say something.
(We're circling around again :-) ) Since Christmas 2008
Hehe TVE, I know your intentions are honorable, but please do not do anything that may restart the "We need more information/No, it will divert ressources from development" flame war that will last for 20 pages again.
oh dear-.-
I wait now over one year, and i´m now bored of LFS at this moment -.-
Quote from marcel1 :oh dear-.-
I wait now over one year, and i´m now bored of LFS at this moment -.-

if you would play it more you wouldnt be and yes its true
Quote from K.David :I long quit LFS for reasons I shall not disclose to avoid people mistaking me for your average whiner but I do check the home page and the forum for signs of progress. And it's not like I'd want my ten minutes that I waste every month back.

The doubt some people express on here bewilders me.
Take a moment, and imagine this: Your job is doing something you are passionate about on your own terms.

Do you want to quit?

Anyway, regarding the Scirocco, I'm curious if S3 will be including a racing variant. That'd be a nice way to capitalize on the Scirocco license while still giving license holders another freebie.

Would you be interested in a R-Cup style Scirocco? Could make for some great single make racing, as it does irl.

I hope this isn't ground covered, but it is better to repeat this than the same negative BS, right?
Quote from Martin Deutschland :Demo Racer opinions don´t count. Get out of my sight! :P

Your comments are not acceptable or welcome, nor do they reflect the views of all.
You are a selfish arrogant person and it is your opinion that is not welcome.
Please refrain from criticising others, help and support them.
^ No offense, your sarcasm detector needs a firmware upgrade.

The ":P" - gave it away for me.
Quote from Zen321 :Hehe TVE, I know your intentions are honorable, but please do not do anything that may restart the "We need more information/No, it will divert ressources from development" flame war that will last for 20 pages again.

I don't want to stirr up the drama, I just want respond from them.. (the devs) .. But I agree, and I'll just crawl back alone in my corner with the beer..
-
(K.David) DELETED by K.David : dupe
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :The doubt some people express on here bewilders me.
Take a moment, and imagine this: Your job is doing something you are passionate about on your own terms.

Do you want to quit? [...]

I don't remember questioning Scavier's passion or willingness to continue.
As ivé stated in this thread before... I think that they got more going on "under the sheets" than we hope for.

I dont think it can be that long before an update, unless they decided to pull the plug on LFS witch i doubt cause they make money from it.

And like ive said before... if there they even mentioned S3 it means its development is already started. As to how far i cant say, but if it were me i wouldnt "stir up" a hornets nest by talking about S3 when a long awaited and overdue patch hasnt been released yet, whithout being somewhat prepared.

I think that besides the VWS and some new PhysX, the patch could very well have some other features and minor updates, atleast thats what i would do if i where in ScaViEr´s shoes. If its already delayed by that far, i would probably stretch it a bit more just to release a hell of a patch to keep the crowd happy.

And with S3 on the horizon i think Scawen wants to keep this patch really good, so good it will be the last patch in S2 before the game turns into S3. That would leave his back clear to just concentrate on S3 and his private life.
Quote :I dont think it can be that long before an update

I used to think that about a YEAR AND A HALF ago!!

And when the patch comes out ( if it does at all ) i think it will not bring any more then what scawen anouced ( tyre phisics, VW and the Rock track ). It can, maybe, bring just a litle perk here and there, but nothing big like another car or track or night time and rain.

Like i said a few weeks ago, i already gave up on the waiting....LFS disapointed me and alot of fans out there, because 2 years and a few months for 1 track, 1 car and some new phisics its not something worth waiting for that long.

But even in this situation, I still play LFS now and then, due to the crapy sims that are out there...none can satisfy me like LFS does and i dont have that much money to waste in Iracing. The only problem is that theres very litle good servers to race on these days.....all i see is cruise , drift, and demo servers.......very few like cargame S2.........i also miss CTRA badly!!

Well...its a shame...realy
Quote from JBiturbo :[...]

And when the patch comes out ( if it does at all ) i think it will not bring any more then what scawen anouced ( tyre phisics, VW and the Rock track ). [...]

Rockingham is anounced as future S3 content not as content of the next patch.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG