The online racing simulator
Quote from BOSCHO :Yes.. and the NasTy car with best configuration will win.. like in the drag races.

ever heard of draft or slip stream?
Quote from e.M :ever heard of draft or slip stream?

Draft, Slip or flip i dont like it.. / my opinion /
Driving around is very exciting.
Im the only one waiting more for the new smoke texture than new physics?
Quote from narkoze :Im the only one waiting more for the new smoke texture than new physics?

Yes
Quote from BOSCHO :Draft, Slip or flip i dont like it.. / my opinion /

i dont like cruising / my opinion /

Quote from Amynue :Driving around is very exciting.

with other 30 cars it is
Quote from Sueycide_FD :And there was also some FOX on rockingham action at some press event or something not to far back. I forget what the even was and what not. It could be a possibility that there is a closed beta consisting of the older 2003 players. I really wouldn't doubt it.

iirc few computers have been setup at the real Rockinham track facilities. I'm pretty sure there were some pics reposted not so long ago in this thread.
i thought al would really suck tbh. cargame was on the oval, and i made a set as fast as i could. it ended up being a VERY good base for a set. now i am pretty fast on the oval, and it is actually very fun.
Just a quick though about the limited car setups: it'd be good if the racer stats stored & indicated fastest laps done for both the limited & unlimited setup modes. Perhaps even for fastest laps done in the limited setup mode it could record what the settings used were, for our reference?

I imagine a two tier mentality might appear once limited setups are introduced, but I think it will provide some fun racing.

Anyway, just a though & I hope all is going well with the LFS developers.
drift drift drift ...
I am asking one question:

Is there any plan to change DirectX or would it be same?

I don't mean with that it should be changed, but just asking about will it need a change when new physics will arrive?
DirectX Handles graphics, But it would be a safe bet if more calculations are being run at the same time, Your CPU needs to be abit faster.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I am asking one question:

Is there any plan to change DirectX or would it be same?

I don't mean with that it should be changed, but just asking about will it need a change when new physics will arrive?

I don't know about you, but I count 2 questions here

A1: I think it is somewhere on Scawens to do list

A2: No, as far as I know a physics update shouldn't break DirectX
Quote from three_jump :I don't know about you, but I count 2 questions here

A1: I think it is somewhere on Scawens to do list

A2: No, as far as I know a physics update shouldn't break DirectX

as I have no clue about but does it have effect on physics in exact DirectX?

Edit: I mean as different
As far as I understodd it DirectX is delivers an Interface for Input (Keyboard, Wheel etc.) and Output (Graphics, Sound etc).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

So from my knowlegde any LFS physics update doesn't even touch any DirectX related, unless Scawen has tp update some parts of the lfs graphic engine which I highly doubt.

EDIT:
If you mean PhysX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX), thats something totally different and not supported by lfs as far as I know.
Quote from TehPaws3D :DirectX Handles graphics, [...]

Wrong, Direct3D is only one small part of DirectX despite being the most obvious one...

DirectX is an interface which a program can connect to (to use Windows resources) and has some built-in libraries that can do some calculations (so the developer doesn't have to code them too), nothing more! Scawen could go straight to DX11, and apart from alienating everyone without a W7 PC absolutely nothing would be changed or achieved. Why? Because it's the graphics engine of the program itself that defines how everything looks! DirectX doesn't suddenly invent complex shaders for LfS when its graphics engine uses none!

Sadly, "DirectX=better graphics" is deeply engrained in the skulls of most people, that's where all the "go to next DirectX plz! kthxbai"-threads and posts originate...

And yes, it also means the choice between physics and graphics in LfS is a very real one, or in other words: which one would you rather have Scawen working on?
I love how some people think Dx11 would magically turn LFS into Crysis on wheels :clapclap:
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Amynue :Crysis on wheels :clapclap:

That sounds almost like "Women Drivers" if you know what i mean :static:
it would be awesome as I'm getting 500fps in lfs everything maxxed, but I would prefer to have new physics and regulard physics upgrade rather than visual eyes candy, dont get me wrong.
Quote from Fuse5 :read the rest of the forum

Well I checked the main website and the last update was about a server move on 2010-02-17.... then it goes back to 2009-11-25 for the last update.... so I was wondering if something exciting may happen in 2010 or if it is just.... dead
Quote from Uncle Rooster :Well I checked the main website and the last update was about a server move on 2010-02-17.... then it goes back to 2009-11-25 for the last update.... so I was wondering if something exciting may happen in 2010 or if it is just.... dead

seems to be a matter of opinion these days. every now and again the devs pipe up saying that they're still working, but to some that's just not good enough... and who can blame them, especially after suggesting a timetable that's obviously come and gone...

i'm still here only because the pc simracing racket kindof waned. i don't want to pay for iracing, and rfactor looks and plays like crap.
I think they should put some progress report at the website, it's almost year since the "Tyre Physics Progress Report".
For someone who don't read forums it looks like they successful moved their servers to junkyard and closed the business
One progress report per year is not too much to ask, is it?

Quote from Martin Deutschland :That sounds almost like "Women Drivers" if you know what i mean :static:

Few days ago I was passing a women going wrong way around the roundabout so I know what you mean :biggrinfl
Quote from bunder9999 :
i'm still here only because the pc simracing racket kindof waned. i don't want to pay for iracing, and rfactor looks and plays like crap.

I really wouldn't say crap, They have a really nice game and I've tried some of the mods, It's pretty realistic but it's just not my thing... I would be more worried why there has not been a post here in about 3 days. Maybe people are coming to their senses? And not posting BS.. Or does it show LFS is declining?
Quote from TehPaws3D :Maybe people are coming to their senses? And not posting BS.. Or does it show LFS is declining?

Sigh, I think you know better than the latter part of that statement.

Just enjoy the fact that there isn't a contant stream of fresh BS for a change.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG