The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example.

In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

It involves a lot of investigation, reading, experimentation and verification.

So then, it won't be a poke in the eye like the one in patch Y? Tires will heat up and cool down quicker? R2/3/4 will be compounded differently for each of the cars using it? Wear rates too? It won't take five 8 km laps to heat them up if they cool down to ambient temperatures?

That's so nice to hear.
Quote from birder :Maybe the dev's are working on the all important Yupik and inuit language packs, next after that must be Aramaic, Ugaritic, Akkadian, Maltese and welsh language packs.

The skills to decode rare, endangered and minority languages are of increasing importance to LFS, say academics in the field.

When we get those you watch as all the missing users flock back.

I thought you were more mature than that, tbh.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :ETA = early 2009 if i remember correctly

Correct. And is it early 2009 yet?

No it isn't!
remember the fact the scirocco doesn't behave properly is the reason why the new tyre model started developement, if they hadn't landed the VW then they wouldn't have realised just how off the current tyre model is off and we wouldn't be looking forward to what is probably going to be a major advance.

if iracing with their resources find creating an accurate tyre model very time consuming, then i'm sure scawen finds it hard going as well, if the people who complain about the delay in LFS would all like to contribute the same amount as the average iracing subscriber does over just twelve months, in subs and content, to help fund scawen's research then i'm sure he'd appreciate it

one thing is guarented, no matter how long it takes, when it's done it will be done to a good standard. in the mean time stop bleating on about how LFS is dying and how the delay puts off new users, the one thing that more than anything else will put people off and give the impression that LFS is dead is seeing a huge thread full of people complaining that nothing is done as the casual browser won't be bothered to look deaper and appreciate how things are done by the devs.

oh and before anyone accuses me of being an LFS fanboy, take a look at my stats and how little i use LFS these days, i spend most of my time on iracing but i still can appreciate how good LFS is, in fact maybe it's because i use iracing i appreciate, more than a lot of the complainers, just how much of a bargain LFS is and how good a job the devs have done with it and no doubt will continue to do in the future with it in return for very little financial outlay by it's users.
True, and i wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amout for S3, if money is an issue.
Quote from Kristi :Yo guys, and developers. Here's a message from the community
*pic*

I think we should be begging Eric for S3, not Scawen. He's the one thats responsable for the content
Quote from Kristi :Yo guys, and developers. Here's a message from the community

So what exactly does "ostpwikintaifellyyswarlockcookiefalkendotfxalkengrandfalkendeggiougetimbabknicotmcopspaz" mean?
Quote from kimd41 :I think we should be begging Eric for S3, not Scawen. He's the one thats responsable for the content

You mean that mythical character that no one really saw or heard? :-)
Quote from GeForz :So what exactly does "ostpwikintaifellyyswarlockcookiefalkendotfxalkengrandfalkendeggiougetimbabknicotmcopspaz" mean?

Look at the number plate.
Everything makes sense now ^^
Quote from GeForz :So what exactly does "ostpwikintaifellyyswarlockcookiefalkendotfxalkengrandfalkendeggiougetimbabknicotmcopspaz" mean?

look at the number plates

edit: lol dint see a the new page
Wtfreak when is the update? Im dieing over here
Quote from adisz :Wtfreak when is the update? Im dieing over here

I'd advise to seek medical attention, if you surely think you are dying
Look at their number plates

Quote :edit: lol dint see a the new page

Me neither :S
dude cheak number plates
Quote from scipy :So then, it won't be a poke in the eye like the one in patch Y? Tires will heat up and cool down quicker? R2/3/4 will be compounded differently for each of the cars using it? Wear rates too? It won't take five 8 km laps to heat them up if they cool down to ambient temperatures?

That's so nice to hear.

Scipy you are such a lovely guy, really nice to know people like you.
Just keepin' it real, ja? Cmon, just let people help you, ask for data. Don't need to do everything on ur own, we won't think any less of u.
Why I cant be Scawen´s lovechild? :doh:
Too young.
It's good that Scawen has a sense of humour and it's great that he is a calm person who isn't easily influenced by all this negativity. Thought some of it is understandable.
Quote from manneF1 :Why I cant be Scawen´s lovechild? :doh:

Wait for 12 years. Then you might have a chance.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG