The online racing simulator
Friday.. anyone remember valve times?
i just thought if i would see a test patch i would start sqealing like a little girl
Oh the mighty test patch forum, show yourself to us :bowdown:
Oh yea, one day the TEST section will pop up and..

hahahahaha

that would be EPIC!
Quote from kimd41 :Oh yea, one day the TEST section will pop up and..

u did put down some work on that one, nice with all the detail on time and such..

and if that happens like u shows there i will, all jokes aside, kill myself..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :u did put down some work on that one, nice with all the detail on time and such..

+3 and -1

That post count of Scawen is very incorrect.
Quote from rockclan :+3 and -1

That post count of Scawen is very incorrect.

I was going to say that too...
he only input a common java code into the web address bar and changed then saved it, he forgot to edit post count though
Quote from Mr_Lonely :u did put down some work on that one, nice with all the detail on time and such..

I'll remember that.

But meh, better hope it to appear before this year ends!
Quote from amb :i was going to say that too...
He only input a common java code into the web address bar and changed then saved it, he forgot to edit post count though

lol!
Quote from Mango Juice :lol!

Don't you know that Java code?

Then you are probably no IT person.

Since if it's posted in here , it will probably be abused, so I won't post it.
Is this a rumor that Rockingham will be released 2day?
Quote from vilen :Is this a rumor that Rockingham will be released 2day?

Yes, sorry to disappoint you.

A lot of LFS S2 users find it funny to lie to people on servers about patches or what ever being released.

Myself I don´t see the fun of stating something is going to be released when it´s not.

It is however loads of fun, to make fun in things as edited screenshots and more, to keep everyone active in the wait for these things.
It better is, because I have to work in Berlin this weekend. No LFS, no wheel available. Scawen, I dare you bring out the test patch today or tomorrow!
reverse psychology might work :-)

greetz

der isch-bin-oin-berliner butz
If you are looking for realistic release dates think about christmas or new years eve. Those have been release points in the past too (FBM, MRT etc)

Not starting rumors again, but just don believe any people on the servers. Doublecheck yourself. If you are wrong and they are right, and the patch is really coming you can nevertheless totally freak out
On a serious note, reading Scawen's post I wouldn't expect a test patch before November or maybe December (please no 2011), it seems that some parts if the physics still need to be investigated and tested which take it's time. I expect the full one to come early 2011 (:schwitz.
Quote from baSh0r :If you are looking for realistic release dates think about christmas or new years eve. Those have been release points in the past too (FBM, MRT etc)

+1, christmas sounds about right.
Quote from kimd41 :On a serious note, reading Scawen's post I wouldn't expect a test patch before November or maybe December (please no 2011), it seems that some parts if the physics still need to be investigated and tested which take it's time. I expect the full one to come early 2011 (:schwitz.

Damit...
And that's the reason why user made content or some user help is really needed to take lfs to the next level...

As i have said many many times here no matter how much scawen,eric and victor work they still are only 3 people where in other games there are at least 10 times more people...(in Gt5's case there are ....150 people working in polyphony to finish the game by november....)

If any of the devs read these posts please,pretty please tell us something about user made content or at least having contest to make certain things like high quality real life models for the existing cars,contest to make or convert new tracks or even making models for other cars and leaving the cars to the devs to make and balance their physics...
Quote from justasimfan :And that's the reason why user made content or some user help is really needed to take lfs to the next level...

As i have said many many times here no matter how much scawen,eric and victor work they still are only 3 people where in other games there are at least 10 times more people...(in Gt5's case there are ....150 people working in polyphony to finish the game by november....)

If any of the devs read these posts please,pretty please tell us something about user made content or at least having contest to make certain things like high quality real life models for the existing cars,contest to make or convert new tracks or even making models for other cars and leaving the cars to the devs to make and balance their physics...

The existing mods are so poorly done, that I would probably doubt anything would be satisfactory enough to be put in.
That's why i am talking about making a contest.Run it for a couple of months and having the best models of each car featured in the next release trust me you will see car models and interiors at GT 5 premium car level.....

The only thing the devs need to do is simply make a announcement in the main page.....

I can understand that they are afraid to completely open the code to create new cars and tracks of fear of low quality content but at least this way they can update the game's cars with ultra high quality cars and do that for basically nothing.Modders do not ask for money.Just a honorable mention in the credits would be more than enough for everybody.Nobody loses but everybody gains.To update the existing cars exteriors and interiors would need many months for the devs to archive.

For God's shake Scawen,Victor,Erik....if you read this just think about this...Its not like completely opening the game's code like rfactor..The physics and handling will be left alone as the sounds...
That would cover the models .....

... now how do you think the community would come up with good physics configurations that would be realistic for a specific car??

If it isn't implemented there would be no way to test that community car either. A competition on design would be pointless if you still have to wait several months for it to be tested , realistically.

EDIT: 'Demo Tag' would mean you wouldn't be able to drive that car anyhow.

Instead - come help me code my CMS ... or join me, slinger and Mat at RollcageX instead THERE we WANT more cars! Maybe help Slinger work out hi Pacjeka formulas in our physics.....

... you will see this is no easy task. And think twice the next time you post in this thread.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG