The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :Hm, I believe talking to host works, it redirects output to an IRC channel, and so should !admin work. Certainly it should display something - if the hidden message was forwarded or not. I'll check, one day...

That's not the bug, I just want to talk to you about the bug or show it at some empty server... like demo fbm or something when you have time.
Quote from fatalunfair :... I just want to talk about you the bug ...

Now I think I should put this as a quotation into my signature. Talking about me, the bug. Well, many (or at least some) would agree. Pity my signature space is spent already. But I get now what you meant.
Quote from EQ Worry :Now I think I should put this as a quotation into my signature. Talking about me, the bug. Well, many (or at least some) would agree. Pity my signature space is spent already. But I get now what you meant.

Stop making fun of me lol
Quote from Born2BSlow :It's a 500servers server, I did the /insim=17432 and it connected but airio is still not working in there.

For some reason it now connects from 1 server twice instead of from 2 servers. I think I've stuffed it up.

on the XXXX.XXX.XXXX (Ip)don't use a port number, just leave the IP and insim stuff. Worked for me from box 205 to box 208 (mighta been other way around)

EDIT: Sorry was a page late.
Err... did you already send 2.4.8 to 500Servers?

I am still not able to update - I only see 2.4.7 - but this version is a bug as you are... LOL
EQ, is possible to add the possibility to select also "rolling start" and "gpstart" (formation lap, grid, start) to the start option?
When could I show you the glitch
Ok... after some testing following values should help finding out cars with a too high acceleration / top speed:

<?php 
Track
=BL1

Car
=XFG
    AllowedSpeed
=193
    MaxSpeedNodes
=0,150|74-80 0,120|170-174 0,125|208-212 0,112|250-254 0,135|292-296 
    Car
=XRG
    AllowedSpeed
=198
    MaxSpeedNodes
=0,150|74-80 0,120|170-174 0,125|208-212 0,112|250-254 0,135|292-296
?>

WR holders are not cought by this even if they draft. But a lot of cheaters have been cought by now
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Err... did you already send 2.4.8 to 500Servers?

Indeed I did, a week ago or so. But in fact version 2.4.9 is almost ready. And it brings one feature that was requested for some time and that I personally like a lot! Be sure to read the Airio changelog, that I was finally able to complete.

Quote from fatalunfair :When could I show you the glitch

No idea. Just a question though: Does it concern display of good splits? When yours are shown but other people's are not? If so, it is not a glitch in fact and I'll explain in more detail here.

Quote from JustForFunRacing :Ok... after some testing following values should help finding out cars with a too high acceleration / top speed: ... WR holders are not cought by this even if they draft. But a lot of cheaters have been cought by now

Nice one! Using speed in Airio is tricky, because data reported by server are constant for substantial periods (one second or even more), and then there's a sudden jump. Because of this delay, speed checks are not quite reliable for braking (as was the intention), but they can be safely used for accelerating, so what you gave us is a very good application of an existing feature. Thanks!

Quote from mlucky :EQ, is possible to add the possibility to select also "rolling start" and "gpstart" (formation lap, grid, start) to the start option?

Well, I guess there will come a day when both are included. BabyOnWheels already has a code to do the GP stuff, and it is available, maybe I could look for inspiration there. For the rolling start I'd still need to gather all the requirements, especially in weird conditions (e.g. someone lagging/timing out) and convert them into some applicable structure. But certainly this would be a great addition.
Track voting, yipee
About the 2.4.9-RotateVote-thingie:

Is it possible (somehow) to disallow trackvoting for tracks that have been allready used..?

I´m afraid most users will vote between AS3/BL1 for example...
Quote from VoiD :About the 2.4.9-RotateVote-thingie ... Is it possible (somehow) to disallow trackvoting for tracks that have been already used..?

You need to see that now it is a basic framework - graphical selection, showing number of votes, choosing site and then track based on user left-clicks (to give vote, multiple options allowed, but only one vote for each from one connection) and right-click (to cancel an earlier given vote). I believe it works as it is supposed to, which is important. But people already express some doubts or reservations, mention possible abuses.

And the objections may be correct. But I think we may wait a bit, see if the undesirable actions happen in reality. By this I mean a bunch of people always voting for one track, majority voting to end race right after rotation to call new voting, generally moving just between two or three tracks.

When 2.4.9 is released (soon) and used for a time, we'll know more. I already have some relatively simple mechanisms in mind that could be used to fight the possible negative sides of voting. For example: 1) Prohibit race end voting for at least one race start on newly selected track, or better for a set time. 2) Keep rotation stats and prefer not much used tracks.

This could be done by e.g. assigning them negative number of votes from the start. Say we go from AS3. AS as a site will be given e.g. -2 votes, while other sites will start with 0. Same for AS3, if AS is actually selected. And the negative numbers may rise in time. Or other sites/tracks may be given positive votes (e.g. +2 votes for the track that is actually already loaded, next in defined rotation).

The options are there, but I think time will show if it really is necessary. Admins should also know they can cancel the vote just like any other, using !cv. We'll see, but I have to say when there were about 20 people on the & Genuine GT Racing server, which is currently used for testing, it was great fun to see how the votes were raising and how people voted in the last second to switch to some other track.
Quote from EQ Worry :
No idea. Just a question though: Does it concern display of good splits? When yours are shown but other people's are not? If so, it is not a glitch in fact and I'll explain in more detail here.

Nope, about race restart and race end voting Nothing big or special and doubt you know it.
So, either explain it to him here or in a pm or make a replay and send that to him..etc..
Easiest way is to provide a mpr combined with airio.log.. at least for me.
I'm too lazy fatass to do that
Is it possible to determine whether the server is using Airio and what is version? If yes, then how do too with PHP?

Okram

PS! In new system (Fedora 13) Airio shutdown correctly. No more errors
Fatal, if you think you know about a bug, it is maybe best to post it here.

Okram, I'm not sure how this could work. Where would the PHP request be sent? To LFS server, using InSim connection? No such framework is implemented now and I do not see an easy and obvious way to implement one.
Quote from EQ Worry :
Okram, I'm not sure how this could work. Where would the PHP request be sent? To LFS server, using InSim connection? No such framework is implemented now and I do not see an easy and obvious way to implement one.

cargame.nl is right, you have nice overview but how this works?

Quote from cargame.nl :I don't know what he is planning but you already created a nice overview.

I want add here one or two line (website is not english!). In this server is Airio / no Airio. If yes then show version. Example 2.4.6 FREE or FULL or PROS

Right now here maybe one server, but this changes automatically. There is only Estonian servers (example Okram Server) and Estonian servers in world (example EER server).

Okram.
The servers list is generated based on information sent every minute from each running Airio. Information is compiled, summarized, tabularized. May be I could create a procedure there that would make some very simple document/file with server name, Airio version, and perhaps number of connected/racing people, maybe also some state data (not sure). Your script could ask for this file, and parse/process it.
Quote from EQ Worry :May be I could create a procedure there that would make some very simple document/file with server name, Airio version, and perhaps number of connected/racing people, maybe also some state data (not sure). Your script could ask for this file, and parse/process it.

If this possible need only, Server name (no colors, plain text), Airio number and version (FREE/PRO/PROS). Connected or racing people, country i get from lfsworld.

Example, inside text file:
Okram Server
Airio 2.4.8 PROS

or
What Ever Server
Airio 2.2.4 FREE

Okram

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG