The online racing simulator
Quote from Melvyn :ERROR : 10.10.04 03:00:01 - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Local Settings\Temp\1\DotNetZip-nywahajl.tmp'.

Wow, that is a very strange error. It seems that the temporary ZIP file cannot be found at some stage during the daily backup by the external zipping library. I've never seen it before and I'm afraid I do not currently know what could be the cause and how to solve the problem... I'll keep thinking about it though...
Hey!

I really like Airio, its a very cool tool, but the manual is a bit outdated, many options are only described short in the changelog

I'm running an autocross server and turned security rating and CheckDriving off (some layouts are in "restricted zones").
But now it doesnt spec wrong way drivers and blocking ppl anymore

How can i turn on wrong way spec and spec after e.g. 10sec not moving?

And i would like to have an automatic restart e.g. 100 seconds after race end, as seen on cargame.nl

Regards,
SJB
Oh, there's a newer Version: 2.5.0, with restart options etc in airio.srv.txt

Regards,
SJB
But there is 1 thing i dont get working:
Multiline text after connecting to server

I tried ButtnMotd and ConnectBtn but it always shows only the last line

I would like to display server rules when someone connects.

Regards,
SJB
I haven't the error again in creating zipped files. Strange things happen

I am trying to configure the server TS3, I put ip, same ports for server and client (different?) Restart, but when typing !cl or ! cls nothing happens.
hi I'm trying to connect Airio full from 500servers box xxxxx.205 to box xxxxxxx.208 lfs server but it wont work. Help appreciated!!!
-
(Whiskey) DELETED by Whiskey
No PR Data available
Hello guys,

i have a little but important problem with airio on my lfs-server. I setup everything fine in the airio.cfg.txt with identID but when i try the command !pr, ist said No PR Data available. On every other lfs-server with airio this command works fine and show me my personal record (get it from LFSW).
I have the possibility to post my airio.cfg not untill 4 hours, when i am at home. Hope you can help with this problem. Would be very nice.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Gajel.
Quote from Gajel :Hello guys,

i have a little but important problem with airio on my lfs-server. I setup everything fine in the airio.cfg.txt with identID but when i try the command !pr, ist said No PR Data available. On every other lfs-server with airio this command works fine and show me my personal record (get it from LFSW).
I have the possibility to post my airio.cfg not untill 4 hours, when i am at home. Hope you can help with this problem. Would be very nice.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Gajel.

IIRC you may need to make a few laps on the server first. I think i saw that somewhere...
Hi, sorry for not responding for a few days. Thanks to dave and z-ro for answering some things, I'll try now to address the as-yet-not-solved reports:

Quote from SJB :I really like Airio, its a very cool tool, but the manual is a bit outdated, many options are only described short in the changelog

Yes, unfortunately there's no time to update the docs. But one day I'll try to simplify the docs greatly – it is not possible to explain every command, also because they're most self-evident. But I'd like to capture some basic principles, both from user and admin perspective and explain only the really confusing matters. Best source of information are the configuration files, where I try to explain shortly every changeable item.

Quote from SJB :I'm running an autocross server and turned security rating and CheckDriving off (some layouts are in "restricted zones").
But now it doesnt spec wrong way drivers and blocking ppl anymore How can i turn on wrong way spec and spec after e.g. 10sec not moving?

Well, keep on CheckDriving and just remove the default restricted or limited zones, you'll find them in TCD file, just put # before the appropriate lines. Note that wrong way driving and idling depends on track nodes (like very small sectors, hundreds of them on each track). There are tracks without nodes (such as BL3), where wrong way driving and idling cannot be detected.

Quote from Melvyn :I am trying to configure the server TS3, I put ip, same ports for server and client (different?) Restart, but when typing !cl or !cls nothing happens.

Hm, there is no connection at all between TS3 support and !cl or !cls commands. They show AIRW (Airio World) clean laps, either for one username or all known for a certain car on current track. The car must be first used though, meaning someone must join track with the car type.

Quote from Bmxtwins :hi I'm trying to connect Airio full from 500servers box xxxxx.205 to box xxxxxxx.208 lfs server but it wont work. Help appreciated!!!

Such remote connection should always work, although not as reliably as a local connection (one machine running both LFS server(s) and Airio). It is just a question of proper setup of IP and inSim port both on the LFS server and inside one of the Airio CON files.

Quote from Gajel :Hello guys, i have a little but important problem with airio on my lfs-server. I setup everything fine in the airio.cfg.txt with identID but when i try the command !pr, ist said No PR Data available. On every other lfs-server with airio this command works fine and show me my personal record (get it from LFSW).

The important thing is to have proper and valid LFSW ident key defined and stored. Also very important is that the key must not be used anywhere else, if you are not using paid data downloads, and also you should have only one key generated, because multiple keys in one account will block. (Best way: Delete all your current keys, generate one new one and use it in CFG file. Save CFG, type !rld, reconnect, because LSW data are downloaded only on connect and then in regular intervals.) Also check that IdentPay=false, otherwise without some money on your LFSW account the download will be failing. Let me know if it works then...
Just saw your PM EQ, yeah my settings seem correct but no matter what server 1 wont work. Do i need to make a cfg.2.txt?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Just saw your PM EQ, yeah my settings seem correct but no matter what server 1 wont work. Do i need to make a cfg.2.txt?

no.

you have con.1.txt and con.2.txt?
Quote from Bmxtwins :... yeah my settings seem correct but no matter what server 1 wont work. Do i need to make a cfg.2.txt?

There can be nothing like CFG2 file, CFG is only one file with common Airio instance settings. Anyway, I checked the CON files you sent. CON1 connects, so that is OK. CON2 shows TCP error. IP looks OK there, admin password is probably also OK, so it seems the InSim port is not correct or not initialized on the LFS server. Note that you cannot initialize it from client using /insim, it must be set in the server config file and the server restarted. Sometimes it is much easier for people to give me their credentials for the TC admin panel, so that I can take a closer look both on server and Airio config. Usually it takes just 5 minutes to discover and correct the error, so we may try via PMs.
Quote from EQ Worry :
The important thing is to have proper and valid LFSW ident key defined and stored. Also very important is that the key must not be used anywhere else, if you are not using paid data downloads, and also you should have only one key generated, because multiple keys in one account will block. (Best way: Delete all your current keys, generate one new one and use it in CFG file. Save CFG, type !rld, reconnect, because LSW data are downloaded only on connect and then in regular intervals.) Also check that IdentPay=false, otherwise without some money on your LFSW account the download will be failing. Let me know if it works then...

Still dont works .
I tryed how you describe it. I have deleted all my Ident keys (it was just one), then i created a new one on lfsworld.com --> my lfsw settings and bind it to my server ip. In the next step i paste this new Ident key in the ario.cfg and restart my ario (i closed/quit it and start it again, i also try !rld). But when i conntect to my server its still the same problem. I type !pr and i got the message "No PR data available". Its very strange, cause it works on every other server and i setup every thing right (i think). Any idea whats the problem or any tip for get this working. I have no problem to give you my server ip and port, that you can try to test it with airio on you local computer, if you have time and interess. .

Greetings Gajel.
The server is on a combo you have done? I noticed you have only XFG/XRG/FBM at BL1 and RB4/FXO at FE2, so obviously if the server is set to say BL1 then you must be in a car you have set a pb with.
Does !prs work?
Quote from Gajel :... then i created a new one on lfsworld.com --> my lfsw settings and bind it to my server ip ...

Actually, this could be a problem. I would suggest you remove the IP bind, it is not really useful. Maybe you're running Airio from different PC than where your server is? Airio sends the requests to LFSW, so if server IP is bound to LFSW and Airio is elsewhere, all requests will fail. After update stop (!quit) and start Airio again, so that your LFSW data are requested...
Quote from EQ Worry :There can be nothing like CFG2 file, CFG is only one file with common Airio instance settings. Anyway, I checked the CON files you sent. CON1 connects, so that is OK. CON2 shows TCP error. IP looks OK there, admin password is probably also OK, so it seems the InSim port is not correct or not initialized on the LFS server. Note that you cannot initialize it from client using /insim, it must be set in the server config file and the server restarted. Sometimes it is much easier for people to give me their credentials for the TC admin panel, so that I can take a closer look both on server and Airio config. Usually it takes just 5 minutes to discover and correct the error, so we may try via PMs.

I will check
Thanks EQ, but the main problem as other insims on the same pot
Quote from EQ Worry :Actually, this could be a problem. I would suggest you remove the IP bind, it is not really useful. Maybe you're running Airio from different PC than where your server is? Airio sends the requests to LFSW, so if server IP is bound to LFSW and Airio is elsewhere, all requests will fail. After update stop (!quit) and start Airio again, so that your LFSW data are requested...

Yes airio is not running on the same pc as the lfs-server, in fact of, that i cant get airio running in the suse server (problems with mono). But when this is really the problem i try get airio running on the linux suse machine. I was already messin around to install mono with Yast on the suse machine and i think i get it install. But when i will start airio it wont. So it would be very nice if you have some tips how to install mono correctly on suse 11.1 and how to run it.

Thank you very much and greetings.

PS: it works (Airio is running at the same machine as the lfs server). I installed mono with this three commands:

zypper addrepo http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/download-stable/openSUSE_11.1 mono-stable
zypper refresh --repo mono-stable
zypper dist-upgrade --repo mono-stable

And then i start airio with: "mono Airio.exe" and BOOM it works of course with the command !pr .
Thank you very much EQ Worry.
Quote from Gajel :PS: it works (Airio is running at the same machine as the lfs server). I installed mono with this three commands:

zypper addrepo http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/download-stable/openSUSE_11.1 mono-stable
zypper refresh --repo mono-stable
zypper dist-upgrade --repo mono-stable

And then i start airio with: "mono Airio.exe" and BOOM it works of course with the command !pr .

Haaaaaa! I always like good news. So Airio works in Linux (thanks for the commands, I'm sure it will make some people happy) and it now also downloads LFSW data. Nice!
Some people don't like almost all track, the wish they stuck into one or two track combos and race on them...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG