The online racing simulator
Small request, because your software is soo prevalent, could you please add these commands:

!time
!thetime

And that would display the current time for UTC and the client's time zone, via text (to just the client or whole server), or a button in the same place found within the start screen between tracks.
Quote from Dygear :... could you please add these commands ... and that would display the current time for UTC and the client's time zone, via text (to just the client or whole server), or a button in the same place found within the start screen between tracks.

I can certainly add something like that, but I do not understand the request completely. Airio knows UTC time and it knows server time. (And these two are reported in !ver, and server time also in custom !now command, if defined, optionally on race start or in other messages.) But how could Airio reliably know time zones of individual clients and show their local time? Also the !time command is already used for something different, so adjustments of command names would be necessary.

What confuses me completely is "a button in the same place found within the start screen between tracks". You mean to show server (or UTC) time on race restart, for a while? I believe that is already possible in Airio FULL/PROS versions, if admins choose to define appropriate race restart message. Or you mean something else?
Quote from EQ Worry :The error you mention is interesting, but showing AIRIO ERROR lines from Airio log.txt file would be much more helpful.

Yeah thats now my point, got no access to the server. All communication is via e-mail. Well i´ll check the serveradmin for a ftp-access, so I can check all optons by myself...

Its not my first Server including AIRIO I set up, but the guy who makes it now has no clue about getting started...

Thanks for the support. I´ll let you know if this will help.

Regards, Tomasz
Quote from FW-05 :Yeah thats now my point, got no access to the server.

If you know the IP, insim port, and password, you can try to connect to the server with Airio from home and see what errors it shows. Such (very) remote connection is not good for a long run, but it is great for testing and initial setup, because you have all the files on your PC, can change them any time, apply the changes immediatelly, all this without FTP and such...
This happend
Hi!

Every hour see this error:
11:58:27 AIRIO ERROR : Sharing violation on path /<my path>/Airio.vrs.txt
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000]
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000]
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string)
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.WebCallVR (LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.WebGet resp) [0x00000]
ERROR : 10.07.28 08:58:27 - Sharing violation on path /<my path>/Airio.vrs.txt

This happend after my server HDD was full about 30 minutes. Quit Airio and starting Airio again - no errors.
Quote from Okram :Every hour see this error:

Okram, you seem to be a magnet for all kinds of weird and rare errors. But it is good you post them! But the current one, I really do not know what can I do about it. If I understand it correctly, your PC was in a very strange state (disk full), so probably Airio failed to write a small TXT file correctly and somehow it was not released, so subsequent attempts to write to the file ended in sharing error. If it is repeating often, I can try to add some safety code to check on this condition, but it is really so special and ... uhm ... unimportant.
Quote from EQ Worry :I can certainly add something like that, but I do not understand the request completely. Airio knows UTC time and it knows server time. (And these two are reported in !ver, and server time also in custom !now command, if defined, optionally on race start or in other messages.)

I'll attempt to break it down for you, below.

Quote from EQ Worry :But how could Airio reliably know time zones of individual clients and show their local time?

You could ask the client, on connection, what timezone they are in. It would be the most reliable as that should detect DST (Daylight Savings Time) on a per timezone basis, and always show the right time.

Quote from EQ Worry :Also the !time command is already used for something different, so adjustments of command names would be necessary.

!thetime would be fine. With the output, in the chat area, shown like so to that client:

The time is, 17:43 UTC and 13:43 Local (EDT).

Quote from EQ Worry :What confuses me completely is "a button in the same place found within the start screen between tracks". You mean to show server (or UTC) time on race restart, for a while? I believe that is already possible in Airio FULL/PROS versions, if admins choose to define appropriate race restart message. Or you mean something else?

I mean, when the client asks for the time via the !thetime command, eaither do the message as shown above, and / or show a button where it would of been found on the Map Change screen (an image that illiterates this is attached.)
Attached images
LFSLocal&UTCTime.png
Quote from Dygear :You could ask the client, on connection, what timezone they are in.

Well, probably my mind is dimmed this late in the evening, but how could I ask client what time zone he is in? People do not connect to Airio, only to LFS server, and the server, if I'm not mistaken, does not readily give any info about where the users come from.

The only solution I see now is to use county info found in LFSW online stats (which Airio already downloads and uses), and deduce (if possible, I'm not sure), what time in the specified country is. But then there are large countries with several time zones. Uhm...

Quote from Dygear :... a button where it would of been found on the Map Change screen (an image that illiterates this is attached.)

Ah, I got it now, sry. Hm, buttons are tricky, there's so many of them that I would first need to optimize the usage, which is a very lengthy process prone to errors. So if it is possible to show the correct time in the end, I'll stick to chat for a start. But...
Quote from EQ Worry :The above are just some of the possibilities and options. To read a bit more and to see the Airio settings screen and some output data browse to Airio Features Overview. To see Airio in action visit "www.airattack.co.uk #1" or "www.airattack.co.uk #2" demo servers. You may see Airio managing S2 servers at "[AA] AirAttack Rally" and "[AA] AirAttack Racing". Note that all four above mentioned servers (plus two external) are controlled by one running Airio instance with all the advantages such arrangement offers.

Airio is a complex system; still it can start to work for you (and your users) after updating just one text file – entering data necessary to connect to a LFS server. To fully grasp all options and the meaning of some not readily understandable items read the Airio User Manual and the Airio Admin Manual. Be warned though, these documents are rather lengthy, simply because the application requires it. On Airio Home Page you'll find other sections of interest, such as FAQ or Full Version Manual.

Most of these links are 404'ed.
Quote :The above are just some of the possibilities and options. To read a bit more and to see the Airio settings screen and some output data browse to Airio Features Overview. To see Airio in action visit "www.airattack.co.uk #1" or "www.airattack.co.uk #2" demo servers. You may see Airio managing S2 servers at "[AA] AirAttack Rally" and "[AA] AirAttack Racing". Note that all four above mentioned servers (plus two external) are controlled by one running Airio instance with all the advantages such arrangement offers.

Airio is a complex system; still it can start to work for you (and your users) after updating just one text file – entering data necessary to connect to a LFS server. To fully grasp all options and the meaning of some not readily understandable items read the Airio User Manual and the Airio Admin Manual. Be warned though, these documents are rather lengthy, simply because the application requires it. On Airio Home Page you'll find other sections of interest, such as FAQ or Full Version Manual.

fixed
Quote from Dygear :Most of these links are 404'ed.

Ah, right, I guess it is from the initial post in this thread. Well, better to use the 1st link in my signature, the pages were turned into ASPX. The (much) worse thing is the user/admin/full documentation is very very obsolete. It contains just about third of the actual options and some info is straight misleading and not applicable anymore. There's been so many changes between 2.0 and current version (almost 2.5)... One day I must look seriously into the document and correct at least the info that is wrong... But, eh... What is always up to date is local help system called by !help, the available configuration files (CFG, TCD, SRV), and the changelog. These together represent the best info...

Quote from z-ro 8 :fixed

Thx!
Does anybody else have problems receiving the LFSE index values for some players?

Our server normally is locked to an at least 100 LFSE index to be able to drive the XRG on demo. However there are some players that are not able to drive the XRG because Airio fails receiving their LFSE index...

Ok, I changed the way of storing the stats files to TAB separated some days ago. So Airio would use the last known LFSE index...

But if there is a new player or a player that last time visited us some weeks ago, he won´t be able to drive the XRG in that case.
Not enough IDK's configured maybe (Airio.cfg.txt)? Keys to retrieve LFSW data.

It needs that data to generate a LFSEI number and if there are too many requests at the same time it gets delayed.
I believe Dave is correct. To get the LFSEI, at least download of personal records and personal online stats from LFSW is required. But these requests are accompanied by other, such as LFSW hotlaps, and AIRW records plus hotlaps. This in fact makes 5 requests:

10.07.30 12:39:15 #1 C01P00 åir - Requiring LFSW OS data...
10.07.30 12:39:15 #1 C01P00 åir - Requiring AIRW VB data...
10.07.30 12:39:15 #1 C01P00 åir - Requiring AIRW VL data...
10.07.30 12:39:15 #1 C01P00 åir - Requiring LFSW HL data...
10.07.30 12:39:15 #1 C01P00 åir - Requiring LFSW PB data...

If just one unpaid LFSW key is used, then getting all the data will take almost 30 seconds, and even (much) more if there are other requests already queued!

There are two solutions to speed up requests. One is to use paid service. Put some money on your LFS account and specify in Airio CFG file that the service is paid for. My estimate is that on RR the monthly cost will be between 0.5 and 1 pound. I did a test, and month paid requests cost 3.5 pounds on AA demo servers, but they are rather a busy lot.

The other solution applicable for FULL and PROS versions is using multiple LFSW keys, which you may get e.g. from your teammates. Note that each much generate only one key and that key must not be used anywhere else, or requests may fail. (From this perspective generating multiple keys under one account is the worst you can do.) If you can use e.g. 5 additional keys, then all the requests will be done in 5 seconds, which is rather reasonable time. (With paid service the time is usually under 1 second.)
Quote from EQ Worry :and AIRW records

If just one unpaid LFSW key is used, then getting all the data will take almost 30 seconds

AIRW is your own server, not LFSW.. So it's 15 secs (3 * 5) ?
Nope, I was too lazy to create a separate queue for AIRW requests, and also afraid a bit of too many requests coming at the same time, so I put it into the existing LFSW queue. Also the 5 seconds between requests is minimum amount and unsafe, so 6 seconds delay is used internally. PS: Each added LFSW key halves the delay...
Is there a command to tell you how many people are racing in each class? Say there are 5 people in the UFB and the XRT, that's 10 people in one class. I know you have a message the shows up at the start of the race, but I would like to know who is in what before the race starts to I can move to the class that will give the most amount of points.
!car.
The help menu shows available commands.
Airio log error. It should be connecting to port 17432 and I have checked all config files have correct insim port number. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this please?

10.07.31 15:30:25 #2 Opening connection to XX.XX.XXX.XXX:17436
10.07.31 15:30:26 #2 Connection failed...
10.07.31 15:30:26 #2 AEGIO ERROR : System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it XX.XX.XXX.XXX:17436
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.Connection.ConnectionOpen(String hostName, Int32 hostPort, String adminPass, String insimName, Char prefixChar, Boolean hostLocal, Boolean keepColours, Boolean sendNodeLap, Boolean sendMultiCar, UInt16 updateInterval, UInt16 udpPort) in D:\Development Files\LFS_Aegio\InSimConnection.cs:line 138

I'm not a techy so noddy speak if you can help please. Many thanks in advance.
Im not techy either so here is my noddy speak.
The server and Airio are on the same pc? If so you do not have to enter the ip address simply use- HostAddr=127.0.0.1
You need to open the insim port on the server by typing /insim=17436 into chat when connected to the server as admin.
It's a 500servers server, I did the /insim=17432 and it connected but airio is still not working in there.

For some reason it now connects from 1 server twice instead of from 2 servers. I think I've stuffed it up.
You are running 2 servers from 1 Airio version on 500Servers?
So you have Airio.con.1.txt and Airio.con.2.txt files on the control panel?

Edit..and is the port number of the server 17432 or 17436...match the numbers in con.txt and the number you type in /insim=
when i view games servers airio is listed at 17432

game servers are 37429 and 37433.

should the con.1 and con.2 files have the server port numbers in not the airio one?

Edit: I got there thanks, someone used the airio port number as the insim port number which confused me, I thought they all had to look back at Airio, when they just had to match the server config port numbers. Thank you for your help.

I get there eventually, slow but persistent, just like my lap times lol.

B2BS

www.worldcrashleague.com
the con file should have the insim port number. not the game port.

Quote :HostAddr=XX.XX.XXX.XXX
HostPort=17XXX
HostPass=password

I believe Born2BSlow solved his troubles - I guess the usual confusion about game port set by /port and insim port set by /insim was the cause. But please everyone note the following:

Quote from Anthoop :You need to open the insim port on the server by typing /insim=17436 into chat when connected to the server as admin.

If I recall correctly this is NOT true, it is in fact highly confusing. (Sorry, Anthoop! ) Whenever you type /insim on client, it will set your local insim port and NOT server port! The only way to set server insim port is using server console (but you have it available only when running the server locally, on your PC), or by editing LFS server setup.cfg file and restarting the server. But note that at 500servers you may not change server insim port, you must use what you have and adjust Airio accordingly.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG