The online racing simulator
Nice feature!!

but:
Quote from lfsworld :No hotlaps to display.

My Hotlap-index is 80,26% ..?

Personally I give a shit about hotlaps when racing on a Race-server. Pretty useless as index IMO
The hotlap index is a sort of sum of online best lap times and uploaded hotlaps, with preference given a bit to the 1st. So it is generally describing how fast you are, but it is not a major component. But faster people and people more active in hotlapping should gain a bit more by this. And it is not in %, it is just some number. Overall the total index is from 0 to around 1000, but it is not limited in fact, just very hard to improve then.
Ah, OK..

I thought it was about pure Hotlapping. I was a bit confused because I never uploaded or did any hotlap.
Quote from EQ Worry :I did some changes there, yes. For now try a simple solution: Delete the ZIP file in Airio root folder, I believe the errors will disappear and uploads will work. If you still get the error, log lines describing the problem would be most welcome.

Ok, the log message is this one

10.01.30 00:21:30 AIRIO ERROR: The entry 'msg/Airio.msg.ca.txt' already exists in the zip archive.
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.InsureUniqueEntry(ZipEntry ze1)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddFile(String fileName, String directoryPathInArchive)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddOrUpdateDirectoryImpl(String directoryName, String rootDirectoryPathInArchive, AddOrUpdateAction action, Int32 level)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddOrUpdateDirectoryImpl(String directoryName, String rootDirectoryPathInArchive, AddOrUpdateAction action)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.AddDirectory(String directoryName, String directoryPathInArchive)
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.Upload(Boolean req, Boolean sta) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio\Procedures.cs:line 686
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.timerMin_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio\Timer.cs:line 360
One question EQ.

We would like to automatically run a script to unzip and process the Airio.sta.file each time it is being uploaded to our FTP.

May I have to use parameter ServerStats (Address of a script to process live data sent every minute) or ScriptInstance (Address of a (PHP) script to be run periodically) with ScriptPeriod equal to ExportStatsTime?
Quote from EQ Worry :LFS Experience Index snip...

That sounds really good, We were talking (ATC) recently about how by the time you get to the faster cars (as casual racers) the server tends to end up being shut down!.

Sounds like a cool feature, Obviously its going to have a fair few kinks that need working out (perhaps...) but it certainly sounds like it "could" be good... although i can see how easily it can turn into a war also.

is this any good?

1. 517.7 LFS Professional Class C - ATC Franky ?
Quote from franky500 :
is this any good?

1. 517.7 LFS Professional Class C - ATC Franky ?

I dunno but I just went first with 637.61 so either somethin is way wrong or 600 aint shit.
Quote from RocksGt :May I have to use parameter ServerStats (Address of a script to process live data sent every minute) or ScriptInstance (Address of a (PHP) script to be run periodically) with ScriptPeriod equal to ExportStatsTime?

ScriptInstance is the best option, because it runs just once for the Airio instance, just as there is only one set of STA files. The ideal could be the script downloads the necessary files right from Airio directory (without zipping/unzipping) and processes them at the same time.

Quote from franky500 :Sounds like a cool feature, Obviously its going to have a fair few kinks that need working out (perhaps...) but it certainly sounds like it "could" be good... although i can see how easily it can turn into a war also.

I see in other threads some people crying for the return of good old times of pure racing, without any insim addons, restrictions and limitations. Of course everyone wants good and fun races first - ranks, licences and indexes are secondary concern at best. But the whole point of their existence is to make just such races possible, especially with stronger cars. Running a multiclass server without some kind of ranking is, in my view, utterly impossible. Almost everyone would jump for the fastest cars then and the result is unbelievable mess. This is just to explain the "ranking nonsense".

But some people raised valid concerns critisizing the current principle: "It was the CTRA first, where I had to get licences, it worked OK. Then last year it was LR and now IHR? Why should I start all over again when a new ranking server appears?" The point of the experience index is to create a shortcut allowing the true LFS veterans to skip the initial phases.

Building reasonable experience index (EI or LFSEI) should not be a matter of few weeks of racing. It must be months and that's how the current index works. It grows slowly and the higher the slower. In this sense I call it a regressive index. It requires serious number of laps completed, best spread evenly across many track/car combinations. It takes into account race podiums and races finished, it also considers lap times, both made online and uploaded as hotlaps.

The nice thing is that all your past is expressed using a single number. You may race on any server (connected to master LFS server), with Airio or without. Only when you connect to Airio FULL, your current LFSW data are processed and the EI calculated, possibly used in skipping rank/licence requirements. If you wish to compare the index with someone else, you may do so, but anyone is free to ignore the value.

Appended is the picture of LFSEI details of five people as grabbed from EI page. Compare the values, see if it makes sense. Interesting is comparison between void and caine (1st and 5th table). They both have approx. the same number of laps completed, but caine only in FBM@BL1 and for this reason his overall LFS experience is relatively low. I think that is correct.

Worth noting is that the index calculation is centralized: Individual FULL Airios download and compile the LFSW data, but send the input parameteres to airio.eu site for calculation and get in return the EI value plus textual description. This ensures all Airio FULL servers always use the same numbers. It is also easy to adjust the calculations a bit if some discrepancy is discovered. The update will affect all people very soon.
Attached images
LFSEI.png
Quote from EQ Worry :Hm, try F5? I see there this:

11. [B]unicode nickname[/B] (only in tab-separated file, for easier display on Web pages)
12. [B]raw username[/B] (only in tab-separated file, raw LFS format, not converted to lowercase)

I think those column names are reversed. It looks to me (and I'm happy to be corrected) that it should read:

11. Raw username
12. unicode nickname
Oops! Correct! Thanks!
Quote from EQ Worry :LFS veterans they must go through slower cars on certain multiclass servers (well, currently only one, in fact, but that does not matter).

Two now

I didnt test it yet but can I load balance servers? So I have multiple servers running but they use the same database files. Is that possible?
Quote from nl2dav :So I have multiple servers running but they use the same database files. Is that possible?

In fact all servers connected to one Airio always use the same statistics files and from this perspective all the servers are equal. I plan to add an option to store points on certain servers to some other place in stats, but it is not available yet and when it is it will be useful only in special situations...
Good job on the new version! You haven't announced the release here yet but I've read my email and I know its easier when someone replies in public instead of personal (more time consuming).

Anyway, I'm going to install it today.

Now, if you haven't thought about it yet... (I noticed the Nothing yet. in the changelog )

I'm not sure if it's possible in any kind of way but I came from Call of Duty multiplayer servers and there it was possible for players to vote for specific map/track which is in rotation at game end. I think that would be a major hit in online LFS gaming experience.

Time limited end vote screen with some random tracks from rotate config line. One with most votes will be next track to play.
Airio 2.3.6
Airio 2.3.6 is released. It corrects some minor earlier discovered troubles and optimizes various mechanisms. Also it allows more dynamic points handling and adds various completely new things. You'll find all details on the changelog page, but here are a few of the interesting things:

FREE version:
  • Number of connected servers is again limited to 4, and it may even go down to 2 in future releases, due to the newly available FULL version (see below).
  • You can have several versions of SRV file for each server, called by !rld with additional parameters.
  • It is possible to turn off total and/or champ points using simple SRV items.
  • Limited zones (invalidating laps) can now also apply penalties to be sure no gains are possible using shortcutting.
  • You can specify if additional points (e.g. for good laps) go into series points.
FULL version:
  • This is a newly available compile. It has almost all of the previous FULL version features, but it limits connectable servers to 2 with one instance allowed. The advantage is substantially reduced donation necessary, making it ideal for smaller teams or enthusiast individuals. The one-time donation to support further Airio development is 29€, for which people get this version and all its future updates.
  • There is optional lucky jumper point for highest advance between race start and split 1.
  • Servers can use alternate points, allowing to separate them virtually into two categories.
  • Playing and driving points can be used as the base for ranks.
  • Newly average lap time is calculated from several continuous laps (e.g. 3 or 4). It is stored in stats and displayed on demand.
  • Licences can be based on average lap times, which solves the one-lucky-lap problem.
  • Major addition is LFS Experience Index calculation. LFSEI is based purely on LFS World data, it takes into account tracks/cars/laps recorded, races finished, distance covered, and also lap times (both online and uploaded) and using the data it calculates one value expressing driver's LFS experience.
  • LFSEI can be used to skip rank/licence requirements e.g. on multiclass servers, so that LFS veterans do not have to start with slow cars over and over again on each new Airio server with ranking defined.
PROS version:
  • This is the former FULL version, all features included, unlimited number of connected servers, two instances allowed. One time Airio development support donation for this compile is 49€ and it covers all future updates incl. an attempt to implement reasonable requirements and new festures.
  • Above the FULL version this one contains special custom banning system, private/server messages, custom/scheduled commands, and server logging. Things such as ranking/licensing are also part of the FULL version.
  • If server logging and custom banning system are active, it is also possible to apply simple banning by IP address and disallow connection from the banned IP for set number of minutes.
That's it concerning this announcement. Soon I'll update the download page to include more info about all three available compiles (FREE, FULL, PROS) and features comparison. Also I'd like to discuss the LFSEI (experience index) with anyone interested, especially concerning the descriptions used and maybe also calculation algorithms if you feel something is wrong. Meanwhile, check the currently known temporary indexes here, click on username to see details. Enjoy!
Quote from EQ Worry :Airio 2.3.6 is released....

[*]This is the former FULL version... two instances allowed...

Does this mean I´m allowed to run two PROS-AIRIO´s at the same time, same or different server etc...?
Quote from VoiD :Does this mean I´m allowed to run two PROS-AIRIO´s at the same time, same or different server etc...?

Basically, the Airio licence belongs to a team (or an individual, that may be part of a team). Earlier, there were situations when the team wanted to run servers in such a configuration that using just one Airio was not possible. Typical example: Two ranking servers needed, each one with separate points. This was not possible earlier, but in Airio 2.3.6 this is possible in several ways.

Anyway, I think allowing one team to use one Airio licence twice is a reasonable compromise. Such a limitation is not hard-coded, it is purely a matter of mutual respect. Best is of course to use it just once, but if there is a serious reason why this is not possible, two instances are acceptable.

But it should always be one team, one group of people, one forum etc. Giving your licence to a friend that has a completely different project in mind is not good. Also moving between teams with the effect that the licence file needs to be updated is something I need yet to consider. Maybe licence file update for a small fee (say 5€)?
Hello EQ Worry! I want set filter against drivers on keyboard? How can i do it?
Quote from Ultimate[RUS] :I want set filter against drivers on keyboard? How can i do it?

Airio does not support limiting allowed drivers based on the input device (keyboard, mouse, wheel). It would be a matter of 5 minutes to add this, however I have always refused to do so.

I know some admins want to disallow all mouse or all kb drivers, but in my view that is a bad approach. I've seen insanely fast mouse drivers and very very good keyboard drivers. And of course there are many bad wheel drivers. What is the point of limiting input devices then? It would just make lots of people angry (most probably saying this InSim application [me] is simply stupid), while solving nothing.

If you need to limit access to race, use lap time, both server and LFSW. That is a much better indication of driving abilities and Airio has nice time-lock filter, that can be even dynamically turned on/off according to day time and number of connected people.
Well, i also saw fast drivers on keyboard. But i not in demo. I need to set this limit to join race, couse 99.9% racers on KB in demo are usually dangerous crashers. I've a lot of observations till admins server. If you make this options in future, it will be great addition.
Quote from Ultimate[RUS] :Well, i also saw fast drivers on keyboard. But i not in demo...

Disallow automatic gears. Problem solved.
VoiD, no. ))))
Some of them use not only manual g-box, but also manual clutch :faint2:.
Quote from Ultimate[RUS] :Well, i also saw fast drivers on keyboard. But i not in demo. I need to set this limit to join race, couse 99.9% racers on KB in demo are usually dangerous crashers. If you make this options in future, it will be great addition.

Right, I see your point. Still, simply prohibiting using keyboard is not correct, in my view. However if accompanied by an optional lap time requirement, it could work. People with reasonable lap time (say below 105% of WR, configurable) would be allowed to join. Sounds OK to me...

Quote from nl2dav :... was possible for players to vote for specific map/track which is in rotation at game end. I think that would be a major hit in online LFS gaming experience.

Right, nice idea, which I heard some time ago already, but now the time has come to write it at least into the TODO list.
Quote from EQ Worry :

FREE version:
  • Number of connected servers is again limited to 4, and it may even go down to 2 in future releases, due to the newly available FULL version (see below).
FULL version:
  • This is a newly available compile. It has almost all of the previous FULL version features, but it limits connectable servers to 2 with one instance allowed.

If I am reading this right, the free version can be connected to 4 servers while the full version can only be connected to 2? Why does that number go down when you pay money?
Quote from pik_d :If I am reading this right, the free version can be connected to 4 servers while the full version can only be connected to 2? Why does that number go down when you pay money?

Yes, you're reading that correctly and I'm not happy about this arrangement, but it is the only one I could currently come up with. That's why I also wrote "and it may even go down to 2 in future releases, due to the newly available FULL version" above.

But the main thing is, how many servers you actually need? In FREE version the limit is 4 so that people can test as much as they need. If someone wants to run serious servers, he will probably never need more than two, mostly one is enough. So this limitation of the FULL version, especially for smaller teams or enthusiasts, is not in fact too hard.

The additional tools admins/drivers get when going from FREE to FULL are much more important than this artificial # of servers limitation. But none of the current arrangements are absolutely fixed. If better ideas appear, updates are always possible. Such as giving 4 servers to FULL as well...
Why not meet in the middle and make both Free and Full limited to 3, or better yet, make them both 4. It's not like small teams (who have "donated" 30 euros) wont want to test stuff after they've gotten the Full version.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG