The online racing simulator
Quote from morpha :I don't really mean to argue anyway, I was merely providing an additional opinion.

Opinions are always most welcome, for sure. My response just tried to show the other side of the matter. Personally, I can bear quite a lot. But I've seen servers/admins taking the most liberal stace and dying quickly.

Also worth noting is the fact that I'm talking from demo servers admin point of view. You need to see that demo is for almost everyone the first experience with LFS and I really think being strict about language requirements there helps LFS as a whole, despite the fact that the filter fails in 1% or even 5% of cases. When I was new to LFS demo, I was racing only on AirAttack servers, because the admins were exremely nice and helpful, their language was polite and anyone swearing was kicked (using a very simple language filter in VCom).

Personally, I would not probably use language filter on S2 servers, because there are other means to fight bad language there.

Quote from ekze :Cyrillic server name showed with wrong characters.

Yes, in Airio versions up to 2.3.4 the Unicode character support is not universal and displaying extended characters on the servers page is not possible. Please update to version 2.3.5 (see my signature for direct link) which contains complete Unicode conversion support (unfortunately leading initially to some display troubles but hopefully solved now). I'm not sure if the Cyrilic characters would show OK in the console, but certainly server name should be OK then on servers page.
Should I replace all the files to upgrade? Or just replace .exe ?
Quote from EQ Worry :Yes, of course that is possible. You need to stop Airio, find the correct item in STA files, change it, save the file, start Airio again. The STA files format is in detal explained right here. But this approach is not recommended. [If you try, make sure to have backup copies.]

Thanks again for your quick reply?

Is something you have in your plans to code?

In the absence of this is there a way to remove a user from the database so that they have to start from the beginning again? Without editing files.

The problem is at the moment the only longterm punishment that can be handed out is a ban.
Quote from menantoll :In the absence of this is there a way to remove a user from the database so that they have to start from the beginning again? Without editing files.

if i read the manual right, a combination (or just one) of !remove and !delete should do it, but i've never tried.
!delete should do it:
Quote :!delete thehacker – deletes the player's statistics for the current track and the car you are in.
!delete * thehacker – deletes the player's statistics for the current track and all cars he ever used on your server.
!delete ** thehacker – removes all this player's statistics from your server, keeping only his personal setting.

...Alternative versions: !del.

!remove is only for deleting certain (or all) track-stats (pb´s, splits, laps, etc).
Points/Lincence/Rank/whatever will be untouched. So IMO it´s quite useless as punishment.
Quote from ekze :Should I replace all the files to upgrade? Or just replace .exe ?

The basic update is to overwrite the EXE and PDB files. When going from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 it is also necessary to add LiveForSpeed.IniSm.Aegio.dll and LiveForSpeed.IniSm.Aegio.pdb files into Airio folder.

If you want to use any newly available configuration items (see the config changes summary for each release on the changelog page), you need to copy such items into your existing config files manually. This is not ideal, but making automated config updates is not my priority for now.

Quote from menantoll :Is something you have in your plans to code?

I currently do not plan to add commands to manipulate directly with rating or points, especially for improving those stats. However I've already been asked to support some actions resulting in points going down...

Quote from menantoll :In the absence of this is there a way to remove a user from the database so that they have to start from the beginning again?

Exactly as Void writes. What you're looking for is the !del ** username command allowing to delete all stats of a driver. That includes his server PBs and all points. On IHR this will basically put such a driver back to complete start. Do NOT use the !remove command, because that one removes stats of specified tracks or cars for everyone. Again this includes not only PBs, but also points scored in the particular combos.
Quote from EQ Worry :
I was not doing extensive research, it is just my feeling from what I see. But for the point of argument appended are all captured curses from yesterday's log of the AirAttack demo servers. (NOTE: Do not open if you do not want to lose all the remaining faith in humanity!) I've counted about 120 cases when the language filter fires, 100 of which were warnings, 20 were kicks. I see ONE clearly false warning there, one or two more that are disputable. I see NO false kick. Maybe yesterday was an exceptional day or the filter in fact works with 99% reliability.

funny reading of attached txt, thanx for it

of course, there is 100% succes with exact dictionary words, which are in approx. 95% in this log, ive mean succes in rest of cases...
but again, no offense, i have different look on filtering of chat.

finally serious suggestion:
do you have quantified what happends with server/s if you remove therse filtering/censoring for say month (except nazi or rasism ofcourse)?
its not so simple, and it relates with overall situation in lfs when everyone say "its not like in old good times... etc" - MAYBE all that restrictions (prohibition) leads to regression. and you as developer and provider of this_type_of_services and saying what is "defaultly good", are part of that.
i think, server/s might be more popular without prohibition, not touching racing rules of course. sometimes is better, when involved racer say to "crasher": "F**K you idiot", and is satisfied by that, instead of crashing him for revenge in next lap - btw. this should be very nice feature of airio - detection of revenge crashing (revenger is always more than 1 lap behind)
thats my point, but just consideration.
Quote from [d9] :do you have quantified what happends with server/s if you remove therse filtering/censoring for say month (except nazi or rasism ofcourse)?

Well, no, I did not try turning off the language filter on our demo servers. When, almost two years ago, we wanted to change from VCom to Lapper (because it offered much more), the language filter was almost the first thing I needed to implement into Lapper code. None of AA admins even considered it as an option not to have language filter.

It was and still is part of AA policy and certainly I will not try this relatively major change while our servers are quite popular. But it is true that maybe, maybe the argument would die quickly by itself, but I'm very much afraid the opposite would be the case - repeated abuses by more and more people.

Quote from [d9] :its not so simple, and it relates with overall situation in lfs when everyone say "its not like in old good times... etc" - MAYBE all that restrictions (prohibition) leads to regression. and you as developer and provider of this_type_of_services and saying what is "defaultly good", are part of that.

Yes, I do realize that my work probably influences LFS, at least what concerns true racing servers. However I cannot say if is good or bad influence or indeed a substantial one. There was much discussion in some other thread about whether restricting e.g. car types based on points (rank) is good or bad. I do not know, I can only see results and they speak for themselves.

Some people mention CTRA as the last good servers. If I remember correctly they also had language filter there and you were kicked on 2nd catch, exactly as it is configured on many Airio servers today. Also on CTRA there were limitations concerning race rejoins (which people regularly broke by reconnecting). There was a licencing system allowing you to get to better servers only after having quite substantial amount of points. (And in fact the system never worked, only the basic servers were packed, the rest were empty most of the time.)

From this perspective Airio brings nothing new. Except that it is available to everyone.

Quote from [d9] :btw. this should be very nice feature of airio - detection of revenge crashing (revenger is always more than 1 lap behind)

Generally speaking, crash detection is not easy. It would be very complicated to come with an algorithm that would with 100% accuracy correctly say who is crashing. Being one or more laps behind is not a reliable factor. Revenge crashing brings one more level of complications into an already involved matter. So far I did not hear about any reasonably reliable method applicable using car data available via InSim. But suggestions and ideas are, as always, most welcome.
EQ Worry, I have a question reguarding the grid sorting. When does that occur? My guess is that it occurs when the countdown for the restart starts, is this right?

Basically I'm asking because sometimes on IHR some faster cars are put at the back even though they have it sorted by class. I'm wondering if this would be lessened if they had a shorter countdown.
No it'll be done before the /restart is sent to the server. I timed out from IHR after I won a race in an XRT then rejoined with a few seconds to spare and it sorted me to the back of the TBO class.

Edit: scrap that, joined IHR recently in an FXO, before the /restart but was at the back of the grid...
LFS sorts the grid (finish, reverse, random) at the moment the host restart vote is cast, that is when majority vote is seen or /restart is sent. It is at the moment you see RACE RESTARTING : 3.

If Airio custom sorting is used (such as on IHR), the necessary info is processed and sent to server one second later, that means when you see RACE RESTARTING : 2.

Only cars on track at this moment can be sorted according to specified criteria (by last race results, by session lap time, newly also with faster cars always in front). Anyone joining later will be put to the back.

Overall, countdown length does not matter, just be sure to be on track at the very latest when 3 seconds are remaining.
In the config files simply use the Cyrilic letters, no ^C is necessary, just type the characters using Cyrilic keyboard. BUT be sure to save the files in Unicode encoding, preferably UTF-8. This selection offer even simple tools such Notepad in its Save As dialog. Type !rld and...

Note: The TC admin panel used e.g. on 500servers always (!) saves files using ANSI encoding after editing and this is wrong, it will not work! Edit the files on your PC, save them as UTF-8 and upload them to 500servers, overwriting existing files. Never use TC admin panel file editing options.

EDIT: As Anthoop pointed out to me, there are actually TC admin panel versions allowing you to change text file format when saving. In that case be sure to use one of the Unicode options, preferably UTF-8.
Again I don't know if this has been asked before but is it possible to build a queue system into airio for when the race is full?

put simply, you request ario to join, not lfs, and then airio queues people up and joins them when it can.
AIRIO can't put people in the race, but it can spectate people who join when it's someone else's turn. It could work if AIRIO <-> AONIO communication is implemented, AIRIO would send a trigger message to an AONIO enabled client, causing AONIO to /join the player
Exactly, Airio can only spectate people, and trying to enforce some order using spectatings... uhm... it would be very, very confusing, I think. But the idea with /join used locally... WOW! I never even distantly though about that. Problem is Airio (server) cannot (I think) in some reasonable way communicate with Aonio (client), except using some special but visible messages to the client (such as /join), captured and processed locally.
Hello. I want to show ppls race rezults at the finish. Best 8 racers in table or buttons type. How can i make it?
Quote from Ultimate[RUS] :Hello. I want to show ppls race rezults at the finish. Best 8 racers in table or buttons type.

Automatic race results display is not currently available. However anyone can type !results or just !rs to see known race results incl. points and some timing info. The data are also separated into car categories if applicable.
Quote from EQ Worry :Exactly, Airio can only spectate people, and trying to enforce some order using spectatings... uhm... it would be very, very confusing, I think. But the idea with /join used locally... WOW! I never even distantly though about that. Problem is Airio (server) cannot (I think) in some reasonable way communicate with Aonio (client), except using some special but visible messages to the client (such as /join), captured and processed locally.

Unfortunately that's true, means we need a new packet for local <-> remote InSim communication. There are several ways to send messages to the host application, a message with the prefix (if a prefix was defined in the ISI) or an /i message (IS_III), but there is no way to send a hidden response.

I don't want to double post, so it's your turn in InSim Bug Report / Update Request
Quote from EQ Worry :Hahaha, see first post in that thread, request #6.

Of course, in the meantime, AIRIO could open an additional socket and implement its own simple communication protocol. AONIO would request the port from the AIRIO enabled host, AIRIO would reply with a single visible message containing the port, AONIO would connect to AIRIO directly via that port.

But that might be a bit much for what's essentially a bonus feature
!results looking not good.
Also demo-racers dont know how to type any command...
What is wrong then in results displayed by LFS itself?
I meen score results, not times table.
Hello.

I belive there is answer for my question in this thread but I couldnt find it.

The question is:

How can I conect forum script with stats files on dedicated server without sharing my passwords? Is it posible to send stats file to another server autoamticly every X minutes?

Thanks for reply

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG