The online racing simulator
Mono JIT compiler version 1.9.1 (tarball)
I think its a little bit old. Might want to try version 2.4, I used an old version as well and its a bit unstable with communication.

There also is 2.6+ but that gives maybe too much trouble with dependencies.
I saw new thing. That happens only with demo servers. An S2 server is running for 6 weeks now and it's ok. DEMO server shows the message after 4h-2d (randomly). It happend with Airio or without then I'm thinking about new thread.

EDIT: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1381822#post1381822
Quote from EQ Worry :Oh, grrr, of course you are right. It was supposed to work the way you suggest, but unfortunately code changes at the last minute caused this bug. Currently the new AVG is just not shown, but it stored and that is wrong. I'll try to update the code tonight.

It seems that the AVG is being cancelled on invalid laps with the last update, but I'm getting reports of not taking the seond lap of each session into account yet...
¿Have you fix that too? Maybe it's a configuration problem

Anyway... last we have reached our league entry record with 162 racers and about 22.000 online laps in one week for SO2R-UF1, so I think that the AVG is an amazing improvement for our league!
You can check out the results in here http://www.liveforspeed.es/mod ... amp;file=consulta_carrera and the statistics in here if you are interested http://www.liveforspeed.es/estadisticas/Estadisticas.html

Thanks a lot for the great job, I'll never stop saying this!
Quote from RocksGt :It seems that the AVG is being cancelled on invalid laps with the last update, but I'm getting reports of not taking the seond lap of each session into account yet...

Hm, yes, I was trying to address the problem and I did some tests also. It seemed to me that e.g. in qualification the 1st lap is correctly ignored, the other laps are taken into account. But then I did updates with invalid laps or invalid timing data, maybe some new bug is there. When I have some time, I'll test this again.

Quote from RocksGt :Anyway... last we have reached our league entry record with 162 racers and about 22.000 online laps in one week for SO2R-UF1, so I think that the AVG is an amazing improvement for our league!

Wow, nice! I'd just like to note that primary to success are the events organization and management, also Web pages help a lot. InSim is just an addition.

Quote from RocksGt :Thanks a lot for the great job, I'll never stop saying this!

Haha, and I'll never stop being pleased to hear that.
I don't want people to get kicked because of Inactivity or Flooding....
How can I change that ?
Not exactly rocket-science:

Quote from airio.srv.txt :
# Kick for sending too many text lines into chat - boolean
CheckFlooding=false

# Kick people that do not race for a long time - boolean
# This filter may be used on demo servers with low number of slots.
CheckInactivity=false

But in the file airio.srv.txt there is no line like
# Kick for sending too many text lines into chat - boolean.......
There is, in all available versions...

Unedited cfg inside archive:

# -------------------------- Text Filters ------------------------- #

# Warn for bad words in messages kick for bad words in names - boolean
# Curses and char replacements are defined in Airio.cfg.txt file.
CheckCursing=false

# Spectate for bad words in numberplates - boolean
# Spectate for skin containing prohibited (team) name - boolean
CheckText=true
CheckSkin=false

# On which bad language in message the player is kicked - integer
# 0 = never, 1 = on first, 2 = with one warning...
NumCurses=2

[b]# Kick for sending too many text lines into chat - boolean
CheckFlooding=true[/b]

# On which text message in what time the player is kicked - integers
# Player is warned of flooding on message (FloodingCount - 1).
FloodingCount=4
FloodingTime=8

I do not even have a
line
Quote from N!ghtm@re :I do not even have a
line

then upload new .srv file (to be sure you have everything), or copy-paste form source into your file.

what version do you have?
Its Airio 2.3.6a FREE on the 500servers.com

Edit : ok now i replaced it with the one you get if you download Airio on the first post and now I have these settings.......

OK I DIDT IT
EQ, special request from some racers to do something about the yellow flag bug in BL1R and AS3R. Due to some LFS bug, yellow flags are raised while nothing is going on. It causes sometimes massive drop in safety rating.

I'm aware of that bug for a long time now, some servers even removed the tracks out of the rotate but I don't want that because it are nice track combo's.

It would be nice to be able to specify a value in tcd.txt to limit the aggressiveness of the safety rating drop at specific tracks.
multiclass servers...
I want to make one of our servers a multiclass but nothin i cfg in srv file is seems to work.. any help will be well accepted...
And you have a pro or full version (like you paid for Airio) ?
Quote from DuleXY :I want to make one of our servers a multiclass but nothin i cfg in srv file is seems to work.. any help will be well accepted...

if you're talking about making a points, license or safety based ranking system, you have to have the FULL or PROS version. FREE does not offer rankings.
Quote from cargame.nl :EQ, special request from some racers to do something about the yellow flag bug in BL1R and AS3R.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1223654#post1223654

Btw, figured out something new in tcd.txt:

Offpath:

# Make proper racing path a bit wider [b][i]per track[/b][/i]
#overall offpath
OffPath=2
#track specific offpath eg. we1 and we1r
Track=WE1
OffPath=5
Track=WE1R
OffPath=5

..btw: obsolete when using the new pth.files

AverageLaps:

# FULL: Continuous laps for average lap time calculations [b][i]on all tracks[/b][/i]
Track=
AverageLaps=3
# FULL: Continuous laps for average lap time calculations [b][i]on specific tracks[/b][/i]
Track=FE4
AverageLaps=2
Track=FE4R
AverageLaps=2

Some Yellowflag rule for specific tracks would be awesome. "Vanilla" LFS simply use wrong speed measuring on bl1r/as3r.
Always important for a programmer to remind him to put things on the to-do list

I already had the feeling it was mentioned before
Quote from N!ghtm@re :Its Airio 2.3.6a FREE on the 500servers.com

Hm, too bad if by default some very old CFG files are installed. Truth is I'm sending only EXE/DLL files to Franky of 500servers, intended for easy update. Best would be if actually NO config files are used, to be sure everyone gets the default ones from available download, goes through them and uploads them once tweaked. I'll contact Franky concerning this matter.

Quote from cargame.nl :... do something about the yellow flag bug in BL1R and AS3R. Due to some LFS bug, yellow flags are raised while nothing is going on. It causes sometimes massive drop in safety rating. ... It would be nice to be able to specify a value in tcd.txt to limit the aggressiveness of the safety rating drop at specific tracks.

Hm, how does the bug show itself? Does it happen only once every lap, say in the turn after box exit on BL1R? Or is the yellow flag constantly on? Unfortunately neither you nor the other multiclass server are using Remote, so I cannot watch. Remote is good for me, I can spot troubles from this high view.

Concerning lower aggressiveness on some tracks, you can use (I believe) RotateTracksFull instead of RotateTracks in SRV file and specify additional commands to carry out when rotating tracks. One of those commands could be lower weight of caused yellow flag. Adding the option to TCD would be also possible - sometimes it is hard to decide if something belonds to TCD (being track/car dependant) or SRV (dependant on server).

Quote from VoiD :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1223654#post1223654

Uhm, I suggest using e.g. FlagWeight=-10 instead... And sorry, I somehow missed that old request.

Quote from DuleXY :I want to make one of our servers a multiclass but nothin i cfg in srv file is seems to work.. any help will be well accepted...

Hi and sorry for not answering on MSN, I had busy days. First make sure you're using the latest config files (CFG, TCD, SRV). If so, the core multiclass racing will work by itself, I believe, once you enable the required cars on server. Default Airio config contains all existing car groups and also arranges them to separately evaluated groups. The rest depends on what you want. To limit car categories based on points (rank) you need to define ranks first (in TCD file) and then (in the same file) say what rank level is required for each (or some) car types. Same with licences (lap times) or (safety) rating, all this is in TCD file.

When testing the rank requirements are applied make sure you're not connected as admin/limad, because by default the requirements chack are skipped for such people. You can also say in CFG file (AllowJoining=6) that the rank requirements are applied to everyone, even admins.
Quote from EQ Worry :Hm, how does the bug show itself? Does it happen only once every lap, say in the turn after box exit on BL1R? Or is the yellow flag constantly on?

BL1R;
The turn after pit exit and
just before straight / on straight

AS3R;
chicane after start and the first turn after the chicane

Quote from EQ Worry :
Unfortunately neither you nor the other multiclass server are using Remote, so I cannot watch. Remote is good for me, I can spot troubles from this high view.

Its on? Not always, LFSW to blame for that. It gets offline now and then while Im not noticing

http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=cargame.nl+[multiclass]&c=4&hostlink

Use the R

Quote from EQ Worry :
Concerning lower aggressiveness on some tracks, you can use (I believe) RotateTracksFull instead of RotateTracks in SRV file and specify additional commands to carry out when rotating tracks. One of those commands could be lower weight of caused yellow flag.

Interesting, already use the Full line option instead of the default, got to find out those parameters then.

Quote from EQ Worry :Uhm, I suggest using e.g. FlagWeight=-10 instead...

So it is already possible on track level? Or where are you thinking about, fix it on node level?
Quote from cargame.nl :BL1R;
The turn after pit exit and
just before straight / on straight
AS3R;
chicane after start and the first turn after the chicane

Maybe the best option is to have new defineable type of zone, NoFlagZone, where yellow flags caused are ignored. Such zones could cover LFS areas using incorrect yellow flag data, as you mention.

Quote from cargame.nl :Interesting, already use the Full line option instead of the default, got to find out those parameters then. So it is already possible on track level? Or where are you thinking about, fix it on node level?

Well, in TracksRotateFull you can use any command, including the one changing a server parameter. That means when you rotate to BL1R you may add there !cfg FlagWeight=-10 to substantially reduce effect of all yellow flags, and when moving elsewhere you may get back to !cfg FlagWeight=-100 (or maybe simply !rld #, reverting server number # to default state).
Quote from z-ro 8 :if you're talking about making a points, license or safety based ranking system, you have to have the FULL or PROS version. FREE does not offer rankings.

ok.. we have max version of airio... so if i ask for multiclass it meens that i have read cfg files and that EQ write something like FULL: ... so i have max version of airio and want multiclass server.. but need help with making one...

TnX
Quote from VoiD :Btw, figured out something new in tcd.txt:

Offpath:

# Make proper racing path a bit wider [b][i]per track[/b][/i]
#overall offpath
OffPath=2
#track specific offpath eg. we1 and we1r
Track=WE1
OffPath=5
Track=WE1R
OffPath=5

..btw: obsolete when using the new pth.files

Yes, WE1 and WE1R were tracks where Airio path check was failing quite often, simply because parts of the proper track were defined a bit strange in the original PTH file, especially around pit exit. Formerly the only option was to make the proper path wider all around the track to cover this deficiency. But I did not like the solution.

Using basic BabyOnWheels' code that was painting path on LFS maps I created for myself an application that would display developers-supplied path and paint it on a site map. From the picture (see first appended image, original PTH) it is possible to catch places where adjustments may be necessary.

The application also converts PTH file into human-readable and editable format (TXT). I was able to edit the file where necessary and using the same application the file was converted back to PTH in its new form and painted again to check (see second appended image, updated PTH).

This way I was able to update WE1, BL1 and AS3 (plus reversed versions) paths and offer them for download. If you think there are some other tracks with PTH needing revision, let me know.
Attached images
WE1.jpg
WE1_.jpg
I have a problem with implementing data import from cr.txt to MySQL. cr.txt contains A LOT of data and it continues to grow by time. Not all data is updated after a race but there is no easy way to tell what data without external help. It will cause ugly dependencies and I want to prevent that.

At the moment all data is updated after every race which impacts the MySQL database quite heavily while it is completely unnecessary to empty and reimport all data every time....

...As long as there is a date field where the last-time-data-has-changed is stored. Sadly there isn't, only a PB unix timestamp.

Is it possible to use field 33 (not used) to store an unix timestamp of the last update of any field data from the specific racer?

---
Btw, I will test the RotateFull parameter you provided until there is a better solution. Keep up the good work
Right, I see the problem. What you suggest is now implemented in Airio 2.3.6c, using 33rd field in STA.CR file. Default zero is replaced by value corresponding to 1.1.2010 and updated on every record update (e.g. on every lap finish). The statistic files are stored regularly every 5 minutes, when updates held in memory are persisted to disk.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG