The online racing simulator
This is a senseless post displaying the above mentiooned stuff in whitespace, but I couldn't figure out how it works exactly so just imagine lots of whitespaces below:
Quote from MadCatX :It's actually PHP Java would look like

public static main(String args[])
{
while(true)
{
if(isRaitosCycleCompleted())
{
postSomethingUselessAndOffTopic();
}
}
return 0;
}

No offense intended

Not only does the main method need to have a void return type (you haven't specified a return type at all), your code wouldn't compile because the return statement is unreachable code (due to the infinite loop).

edit: Here's an alternative solution:

package tester;

import java.awt.Desktop;
import java.net.URI;

public class AverageLFSForumMember {
private boolean brainEnabled = true;

private final String[] postingRepertoire = {"when is sciroko coming?", "i need cruise insim", "the devs r idiot's"};

public static void main(String args[]) {
new AverageLFSForumMember();
}

private AverageLFSForumMember() {
browseURL("http://www.lfsforum.net");

enableBrain(false);

while(!isSciroccoReleased()) {
postJunk();
}

postSciroccoReview();

System.exit(0);
}

private void enableBrain(boolean enable) {
brainEnabled = enable;
}

private void browseURL(String url) {
try {
Desktop.getDesktop().browse(new URI(url));
} catch(Exception e) {
// Proper exception handling removed for comic effect
}
}

private boolean isSciroccoReleased() {
return System.currentTimeMillis() > Long.MAX_VALUE;
}

private void postJunk() {
System.out.println(postingRepertoire[(int) (Math.random() * postingRepertoire.length)]);
}

private void postSciroccoReview() {
System.out.println("scirocco sucks");
}
}

Eagle eyed people (and reasonable static analysis tools) will spot the inherent problem in this solution.
I love this:

private void enableBrain(boolean enable) {
brainEnabled = enable;

Bbbooorriiinnngggg...

Bring back the whiners please
Lol, i started something unexpected and unwanted ^^.

not to show my skil it was simplyfied PHP
Quote from seinfeld :....
...anyway
dev's = complete idiots.........
Devs = complete idiots.........
Devs = complete idiots.............
Devs= complete idiots..............

Peace out............

wtf?
Is this thread still not locked LOL. 83 pages, of which i'd say 81 are irrelevant to the original thread topic
Quote from senn :Is this thread still not locked LOL. 83 pages, of which i'd say 81 are irrelevant to the original thread topic

As has been said in this thread many times already, it has been kept open so that the things inevitably posted in here aren't spread over many new threads.
This way keeps the forum tidy.
Quote from senn :Is this thread still not locked LOL. 83 pages, of which i'd say 81 are irrelevant to the original thread topic

Well, they'd just pop back up all over the place. This thread
is just an open dump for all this, eh, stuff.

The devil you know....
Quote from Fonnybone :Well, they'd just pop back up all over the place. This thread
is just an open dump for all this, eh, stuff.

The devil you know....

indeed id say you victor and such are laughing like scarface, depriving these guys of their coke ( or LFS patches in this case ) waiting for the price of the stuff ( demand ) to rise so ye can double up.

or the Dev's have a life...

either of the two really.
Has there been any updates since the first post?
Scawen's post count went from 4004 to 4008 but I can't see any new post.
those post are in the secret admin/moderator section..
Quote from ghost racer :Has there been any updates since the first post?

Check the latest posts from Scawen.
Quote from farcar :I think Scawen's character has substance, and I belive him when he says he's still developing the game. You're appear think he's deceiving the community by claiming to develop when he's actually sitting on his arse doing nothing. I don't believe this is the case.

I'm not sure you're familiar with the whole west brothers and racing legends fiasco. you sound like fanboi's of past who insisted good work takes time.
They too triumphed the quote, its done when its done. as accurate and succinct as the word FAIL is, it doesn't even come close to that joke.

lfs current development, its coders contempt for its fanbase, all bear the same hallmarks of west-racing.
Quote from obzelite :lfs current development, its coders contempt for its fanbase...

If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example.

In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

It involves a lot of investigation, reading, experimentation and verification.
Quote from Scawen :If you want to state that I have contempt for the community, then ideally you should give an example.

In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of our well-informed community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

It involves a lot of investigation, reading, experimentation and verification.

He's just trolling you, just ignore it baby and I'm looking forward to the new tyre physics!
just two words: duke nukem forever...
which 2?
Quote from Scawen :In fact, I'm working very hard to produce a tyre model that will stand up to the detailed scrutiny of the small well-informed subset of our community, both in terms of driving feel and physical analysis.

Fixed for you.
Quote from AndRand :which 2?

There are 3 types of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't

Yes, it was meant to be a joke.
Quote from AMB :He's just trolling you, just ignore it baby and I'm looking forward to the new tyre physics!

What a sig I see there...

Quote from pasibrzuch :What a sig I see there...

Yeah I made that sig when I got mad at some people on a server, LFS is a good sim etc.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG