The online racing simulator
seinfeld is just a dickhead who has little interest in LFS other than to troll the forums every now and then.

Next please!
Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Personal attacks aren't welcome here, regardless if you don't agree with some ones opinion or how they express their views. They're a disservice to the community.

Sure his views might be strong and unfair, but he paid his money and is entitled to express his dissatisfaction and has done so in the appropriate thread. It's a public record of a communities consensus and the hindsight will be interesting to some down the track.
Quote from boothy :http://www.mondaynightracing.com/

MNR is great and the last of several great AU leagues. If it wasn't for the efforts of these guys, LFS would be in a much worse place in AU. The same applies to other smaller regions around the globe. It's these MNR types that keep LFS afloat by putting so much time and money into running such leagues and maintaining interest. LFS would be largely forgotten about without them. Unfortunately they get little support or acknowledgement in trying to offset the decline in active LFS players. All leagues could do with an update of content.
but his way of doing so...he completely trash talked the dev's, and thats not allowed in my books..:mr-t:
Quote from logitekg25 :but his way of doing so...he completely trash talked the dev's, and thats not allowed in my books..:mr-t:

Fundamentally this is where this community is going off the rails. If criticism fair or unfair, is going to be subject personal attack, out of love or loyalty to the devs, rather than objective scrutiny, then the community and game will suffer. Dismissing people with opposing views as fanbois, trolls or spoilt kids is a just lame attempt to discourage debate of sensitive, but pressing issues.

There's little to be gained by letting this forum turn into a mutual backslappers appreciation society and it's purpose isn't to fulfil the devs egos.

The devs and their legion of moderators understand this principle of harsh criticism while hard to swallow has it benefits.
well i am a fanboy
OK.

If you are still saying the development is fine, than you are indeed, retarded. Its not. It hasnt been for a long time. Its slow, its annoying.

BUT, whining and all that won't change a damn thing. Devs work by their rules and no one elses. Get used to that or feel free to leave.

(I'm sure mostly everyone has figured it out by now, but some people still believe they are the voice of reason)

Thank you for reading.
i think develepment is fine. the devs work at their own, thorough, reasonable (for the team size) rate.
Quote from logitekg25 :i think develepment is fine. the devs work at their own, thorough, reasonable (for the team size) rate.

You registered 30th April, you have waited 6 or more months less than us.

And the speed of development is not fine, but since its physics it's acceptable.

But he lack of content updates don't have an excuse.
eric and victor need their sleep, lots of sleep

like LOTS
Quote from seinfeld :to the developers, and only them I dont care what you normal ppl have to say.

2 years ago I was giving you guys a hard time for not really delivering anything, and I was told by the community to settle down and to be patient, that LFS will be a much better game. then came the major 2009 patch in October I think it was. that was ok there were some fixes etc, and I was made a little happier. now its August 2010 guys and there are no one in the servers in Australia, at best I think 10 ppl was the most in the last 9 months. in pro racing room, there are a lot of demo drift servers, and stupid "cruise" servers (shakes head)
but since the last patch absolutely nothing, now for the last year I was being nice and patient as im sure its not easy.
But this is completely RETARDED the development cycle is completely retarded. Almost a year and nothing, not even updates in pictures I mean WTF guys. I have said this before you guys are absolutely mad to not get anymore help from the talent on these forums. and I must say the amount of people in the servers is proof of that. this is a complete failure, not because of the game, the game has potential its the very silly developers that is slowing this down, R factor 2 is almost here, I racing, its all out there and blows LFS out of the water. GT5 prologue blows LFS, some of the best Tyre physics i have ever driven, that took only a few years, you have taken longer then that. guys if I could plead with you to start producing something but I wont bother. to me LFS is dead, I am asking my account to be deleted, I wont even give my license away as its not even worth the ones and Zeros on my hard rive, its not even worth me sending it in an email to someone, that would be to much of a waste of my time, for such a out dated game.

SO all the best LFS Devs, I hope one day maybe in 5 or 10 years the next patch will be out, and I will just laugh at probably the worst game development ever in the history of games besides Duke Nukem, your no2. and really its pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for even still asking for money to buy S2

So adios, and im sure all the ppl on here will go good riddance blah blah, yea what ever, you can sit here playing a game that is now got gray hairs and saggy scrotum and sucks

good riddance I say

:cry:

If i understand correctly, you want your account deleted. So here's the situation:

Scaven comes to forums, deleting your account. Two days after this, patch going out, everybody happy, and you are reading the forums and think: WTF i've done... SCAVEN YOU #%^@%@@$@!!!! GIVE BACK MY ACCOUNT...

I hope to see you like that after this post. I will laugh so hard.

I am waiting since 2008, i am not often on forums, but i am the one most active players on [CAD] Destruction Derby. LFS is still fun for me, I am not tired of waiting, but I must put this comment, because I never seen worse trash than you... You are pathetic.
I probably shouldn't be posting here but hey, I've got nothing (much) better to do (only get a job, fix the car, get some decent clothes, get some exercise, sort life out, that boring stuff).

Short response (now where's that gif?):

I don't know why certain people have to incessantly demand things instead of being thankful for what they have, especially when it's someone else's hard work you're benefitting from. However I am sure that the same people will complain regardless of the degree of communication - they just want their stuff right now. Therefore I totally agree with Scawen's approach of not wasting time with pointless updates.

I'm quite happy with LFS the way it is. Of course I want more stuff - who doesn't? - but as a functioning human being I realise that someone has to create this stuff. I can somewhat identify with the sheer length of time it takes to develop anything from scratch. Just trying to program a serviceable collision system for a little shooter I made in ActionScript has all but defeated me.

I know this will mostly be ignored but I want to say it anyway: People who moan and grasp and demand are perhaps taking the whole thing too seriously and personally. It's not 'your' game, it belongs to the developers. You just get to play it. It is what it is, and I think what it is, is pretty great.
Quote from seinfeld :to the developers, and only them I dont care what you normal ppl have to say.

2 years ago I was giving you guys a hard time for not really delivering anything, and I was told by the community to settle down and to be patient, that LFS will be a much better game. then came the major 2009 patch in October I think it was. that was ok there were some fixes etc, and I was made a little happier. now its August 2010 guys and there are no one in the servers in Australia, at best I think 10 ppl was the most in the last 9 months. in pro racing room, there are a lot of demo drift servers, and stupid "cruise" servers (shakes head)
but since the last patch absolutely nothing, now for the last year I was being nice and patient as im sure its not easy.
But this is completely RETARDED the development cycle is completely retarded. Almost a year and nothing, not even updates in pictures I mean WTF guys. I have said this before you guys are absolutely mad to not get anymore help from the talent on these forums. and I must say the amount of people in the servers is proof of that. this is a complete failure, not because of the game, the game has potential its the very silly developers that is slowing this down, R factor 2 is almost here, I racing, its all out there and blows LFS out of the water. GT5 prologue blows LFS, some of the best Tyre physics i have ever driven, that took only a few years, you have taken longer then that. guys if I could plead with you to start producing something but I wont bother. to me LFS is dead, I am asking my account to be deleted, I wont even give my license away as its not even worth the ones and Zeros on my hard rive, its not even worth me sending it in an email to someone, that would be to much of a waste of my time, for such a out dated game.

SO all the best LFS Devs, I hope one day maybe in 5 or 10 years the next patch will be out, and I will just laugh at probably the worst game development ever in the history of games besides Duke Nukem, your no2. and really its pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for even still asking for money to buy S2

So adios, and im sure all the ppl on here will go good riddance blah blah, yea what ever, you can sit here playing a game that is now got gray hairs and saggy scrotum and sucks

good riddance I say

Please do not judge all Australians by this guy as he appears to be insane, GT5 and physics are two words that have no right to be spoken together.

Its a given that LFS is in dire need of new content but that does not mean you can't enjoy whats there already, Ever heard Monday Night Racing ? Two servers full of racers every monday night (funny that) .

Do you always throw your toys out of the pram when things are not going the way you want?
I think I have mentioned it already in this thread, but I do forgive you guys for not reading all of that:

DON'T mix up the developement speed and the frequency of updates. Just because there hasn't been a proper update in a lengthy period of time doesn't mean developement has grinded to a halt. For all we know Scawen might hack in features and fix bugs in an insane tempo, but due to the complexity LfS has reached, that might still have not led to a feature complete and thus releasable patch.

So, to keep it more simple: developement speed =/ frequency of updates

On a similar note is the recently surfacing criticism of Eric not doing any work: again, that might not be true. Perhaps he has updated most of the cars interiors and exteriors to match the Sciroccos quality, but the devs simply refuse to release them bit by bit and rather wait for it all to be complete, due to the various problems the first approach would cause, like breaking physics compatibility with previous versions, making all the setups, times and hotlaps on LFSW obsolete.
Additionally, as I deem his work to be more on the artistical site, it may very well be that he spends dozens of hours on a particular model, but can't get it up to his personal quality standards, making him start anew.

Which, in short also means: no published work of Eric =/ no work done by Eric.

Also, I think I remember Scawen saying that he wanted to have the cars have parts which can break off, which also needs much work on erics side. Those parts would need a backside then to be seen when they fell off, and the car behind those parts would also need to be modeled, which would also need a lot of research so it doesn't look generic and wrong (even with fictional cars).

so, rant over.
. /delete=LFSF

I would like to see what happens then? :P
-
(Glenn67) DELETED by Glenn67
Quote from Macfox : Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Personal attacks aren't welcome here, regardless if you don't agree with some ones opinion or how they express their views. They're a disservice to the community.

One look at his post history will show that he's nothing more than a troll who sticks his head in every now and then to 'personally attack' the devs because he doesn't like the game. He's not part of the community, and I stand by my description of him.
Well this is my first actual post here as i just registered. I played lfs for years on my brothers sim riq and i believe as far as physics and overal polish is among the best sims out there.I don't know what exactly makes it so special but the tyre feeling feels simply right.If it wasn't as good as it is well i don't think i would been spending my time in these forums.

Yet the last few years truth to be told there was no new content released were the competitor simulations have started to evolve.
I still think that i-racing needs more normal tracks and is missing real normal cars,Gtr evo/on may start to look a bit dated yet it features a huge amount of content and some great ai and weather effects.
But my least favourite sim when released,Rfactor has become the game now i and my brother spend most time racing.After rfactor got the real feel update the rest was history as a lot of talented modders brought nurburing,le mans,magny course,monza,lienz,spa,isle of man,mount panorama,paris,eastern creek,oran park,pikes peak,shangai,singapure,pau,
fuji,montreal,barcelona and a ton of other great tracks/mountain roads(like the upcoming targa florio-a convertion from gpl).The same applies to cars as there are many exellent real normal cars/car packs released.

For God's sake i don't mention all the above to bash lfs,i mentioned all that because ISI used the Strengh,Ingenuity and talent of sim gamers/users by giving them the ability to make all the above possible.
In the lfs community there are some incredibly talented people and the
proof of that is the mods found in LFSMODS.There are some amazing car models to be found there complete with some incredible interiors.There are some very talented modelers and some very talented textures in the lfs community.IF the developers could give the users more freedom and power to create end user content lfs could become the best sim of all time.As things are to add a user made car you have to overwrite the files of the original cars and also the handling characteristics are limited by the handling characteristics of the car being overwritten.IF the developers were open to the idea of adding user content that was handled intependently from the main cars and having each cars their own completely unique configuration parameters....
The same things can be said about tracks as their format is completely lock at the moment...

As i said before i didn't post to bash lfs or any of the developers.For God's shake its an astonishing game for what it is and to be created by just 3 people it makes it even an even more incredible feet.

The reason i posted is that i feel its a pitty when so many talented people want to help make lfs an even better game than it is ,that they are not given the chance. I can only imagine if the developers opened the car/track format what could be archived from content side while they could allocate their time to improve physics,damage,sounds,weather effects and generally not have to worry about end user content...

That my 2 cent worth of thoughts and i wish if any of the devs actually read this ,at least please give it a thought or 2...

Have a nice racing
Quote from justasimfan :As i said before i didn't post to bash lfs or any of the developers.For God's shake its an astonishing game for what it is and to be created by just 3 people it makes it even an even more incredible feet.

The reason i posted is that i feel its a pitty when so many talented people want to help make lfs an even better game than it is ,that they are not given the chance. I can only imagine if the developers opened the car/track format what could be archived from content side while they could allocate their time to improve physics,damage,sounds,weather effects and generally not have to worry about end user content...

That my 2 cent worth of thoughts and i wish if any of the devs actually read this ,at least please give it a thought or 2...

Have a nice racing

It's a pity really, but it has its reasons too. All those contents and work others do, would possibly become a waste, in case the devs have to make drastic changes.
Also to note is, that probably not everything would be of high quality. And seeing lfs end up as something like Rfactor (where everybody has different mods, version, etc) would be really sad.
Quote from justasimfan :Well this is my first actual post here as i just registered. I played lfs for years on my brothers sim riq and i believe as far as physics and overal polish is among the best sims out there.I don't know what exactly makes it so special but the tyre feeling feels simply right.If it wasn't as good as it is well i don't think i would been spending my time in these forums.

Yet the last few years truth to be told there was no new content released were the competitor simulations have started to evolve.
I still think that i-racing needs more normal tracks and is missing real normal cars,Gtr evo/on may start to look a bit dated yet it features a huge amount of content and some great ai and weather effects.
But my least favourite sim when released,Rfactor has become the game now i and my brother spend most time racing.After rfactor got the real feel update the rest was history as a lot of talented modders brought nurburing,le mans,magny course,monza,lienz,spa,isle of man,mount panorama,paris,eastern creek,oran park,pikes peak,shangai,singapure,pau,
fuji,montreal,barcelona and a ton of other great tracks/mountain roads(like the upcoming targa florio-a convertion from gpl).The same applies to cars as there are many exellent real normal cars/car packs released.

For God's sake i don't mention all the above to bash lfs,i mentioned all that because ISI used the Strengh,Ingenuity and talent of sim gamers/users by giving them the ability to make all the above possible.
In the lfs community there are some incredibly talented people and the
proof of that is the mods found in LFSMODS.There are some amazing car models to be found there complete with some incredible interiors.There are some very talented modelers and some very talented textures in the lfs community.IF the developers could give the users more freedom and power to create end user content lfs could become the best sim of all time.As things are to add a user made car you have to overwrite the files of the original cars and also the handling characteristics are limited by the handling characteristics of the car being overwritten.IF the developers were open to the idea of adding user content that was handled intependently from the main cars and having each cars their own completely unique configuration parameters....
The same things can be said about tracks as their format is completely lock at the moment...

As i said before i didn't post to bash lfs or any of the developers.For God's shake its an astonishing game for what it is and to be created by just 3 people it makes it even an even more incredible feet.

Have a nice racing

nice post, especially for a first post
I agree and I am like

http://abovethelaw.com/_old/im ... ve%20the%20Law%20blog.jpg" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />

:-(
(still waiting patiently.. starting to feel like zombie now, though)
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG