The online racing simulator
Quote from farcar :Close, it's Elliot Goblet.
Perhaps the bastard child of Eddie Jordan and Gordon Freeman?

i always thought the beard had a chuck norris quality to it.
It's nothing to do with character. It's about actual evidence and your assertion that progress is "very obvious" and the above poster is wrong.

Yet to anyone looking at these forums or the website, would quickly conclude it's not.

You're entitled to believe in what you want including father Christmas, tooth fairies and the bunny rabbit, but the rest of us know better.
Quote from Macfox :Other than that, you're really just basing you judgement on a few rare words from Scawen and Vic.

And that's more than enough because they have never said something that wasn't true.

There is no reason why someone should not believe them.
I'm not doubting their bold/good intentions, but they've said plenty in the past, which hasn't eventuated.
Quote from Macfox :You're entitled to believe in what you want including father Christmas, tooth fairies and the bunny rabbit, but the rest of us know better.

If we're going to those extremes then I'd assume you believe that the moon landings were a hoax, the CIA started the AIDS epidemic, and that Paul McCartney died in 1969. But I digress.

This argument is all about character.

You believe that Scawen has abandoned development, despite him repeatedly (and recently) saying the opposite. For some reason you need to see a video or a picture as 'evidence' of continuing development. It's hypocritical for you throw around accusations based on 'lack of evidence' when you have absolutely no evidence of your own.

I don't believe he is lying. Why?
He's never lied to the community before. I have no reason to belive he's anything but an honest bloke, and it's totally against his interest to lie about such things.
Scawen is just waiting for strong computers, that can support his physics simulation. It requires about 5,8 GHz now...
I think you must be getting someone else words mixed up. Never said they've abandoned development? My point has been about community engagement.

Hypocritical? Oh Please! I'll give you the benefit of of doubt.... It's Sunday night... How exactly does one produce evidence of nothing?

Let focus on the original point. You said progress is "obvious". How is LFS progress obvious?

Quote from farcar :...and it's totally against his interest to lie about such things.

Ever worked in sales?

If you're think a the occasional post 60+ pages deep in a thread, by 1 of 3 devs is obvious, then the word meaning is "obviously" lost on you.
It's Sunday noon. You have lied. Again. I love these timezones.
Yes in EU +9:30 here. But farcar's a local (AU).
Quote from Macfox :Yes in EU +9:30 here. But farcar's a local (AU).

You will know about any LFS update in 9 hours advance before we did, be happy.
Quote from Raito :You will know about any LFS update in 9 hours advance before we did, be happy.

I'll remind you one thing - americans.
Quote from Macfox :Never said they've abandoned development? My point has been about community engagement.

Who's mixing who's words? Go back and read the previous posts.
Here, I'll summarise for you:
  • obzelite suggested that LFS was no longer being worked on: "bwahaha, i love the assumption that work is actually being done."
  • I responded that I think "it's very obvious that work is actually being done (just, slowly)"
  • Your post, quoting me and countering: "The only thing obvious is the claim progress is being made. There's no substance to back that up..."
Now you're saying that we weren't talking about work being or not being done, but actually we're arguing about community engagement?

Ke?

Quote :How exactly does one produce evidence of nothing?

Evidence is a basic requirement to back up one's argument. If you were arguing that no work was being done on the game (something that you now deny), then you would need evidence of this alleged inactivity. Anyway, you might want to read more on the concept of evidence to save further embarrassment.

Quote :Ever worked in sales?

Have you ever had a reputation to keep? Scawen has one. In case you hadn't noticed, he's not a great salesman.

EDIT: Actually, never mind, then.
xD
Quote from rockclan :When I was very new to LFS I got alot of bans telling me I should practise offline with AI before going online, since I sucked that bad.

It hasn't helped you much.
to the developers, and only them I dont care what you normal ppl have to say.

2 years ago I was giving you guys a hard time for not really delivering anything, and I was told by the community to settle down and to be patient, that LFS will be a much better game. then came the major 2009 patch in October I think it was. that was ok there were some fixes etc, and I was made a little happier. now its August 2010 guys and there are no one in the servers in Australia, at best I think 10 ppl was the most in the last 9 months. in pro racing room, there are a lot of demo drift servers, and stupid "cruise" servers (shakes head)
but since the last patch absolutely nothing, now for the last year I was being nice and patient as im sure its not easy.
But this is completely RETARDED the development cycle is completely retarded. Almost a year and nothing, not even updates in pictures I mean WTF guys. I have said this before you guys are absolutely mad to not get anymore help from the talent on these forums. and I must say the amount of people in the servers is proof of that. this is a complete failure, not because of the game, the game has potential its the very silly developers that is slowing this down, R factor 2 is almost here, I racing, its all out there and blows LFS out of the water. GT5 prologue blows LFS, some of the best Tyre physics i have ever driven, that took only a few years, you have taken longer then that. guys if I could plead with you to start producing something but I wont bother. to me LFS is dead, I am asking my account to be deleted, I wont even give my license away as its not even worth the ones and Zeros on my hard rive, its not even worth me sending it in an email to someone, that would be to much of a waste of my time, for such a out dated game.

SO all the best LFS Devs, I hope one day maybe in 5 or 10 years the next patch will be out, and I will just laugh at probably the worst game development ever in the history of games besides Duke Nukem, your no2. and really its pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for even still asking for money to buy S2

So adios, and im sure all the ppl on here will go good riddance blah blah, yea what ever, you can sit here playing a game that is now got gray hairs and saggy scrotum and sucks

good riddance I say
Quote from seinfeld :-snip-

Think about this: Why did you bother posting such a long post if LFS isnt worth anything to you? You obviously do care about it when you post such post instead of just leaving the community
Quote from seinfeld :....lot of lol

Sounds pretty outplayed, a kid crying about lost 12 lbs or what? If you don't care anymore that is not problem, we also don't care about your complains, not even developers are insterested (and i believe that they're not emo so the will not cry cuz of your leave) if you almost told them that they sucks because you're bored. If you want some realistic driving with evolution, drive a car, buy some laps on track and enjoy...
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG