The online racing simulator
[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4443 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Actually, with the current tyre model, your tires heat up while drifting very fast, like in 2 laps... I'm used to drift until they pop... (and that means soapy) It's very annoying to pit after 1-2 laps.

And yet quite accurate. I used to drift a lot in real life on real tracks (mostly Silverstone) and two full laps of Silverstone on full throttle, sideways, will most definitely pop your tyres...
- Agreed... What's the point of drifting good in Kart Rider, or Mario Kart? It would actually be nice to be drifting as one would IRL. Plz!!! NEW PHYSICS!!!!!!
Quote from yeager :And yet quite accurate. I used to drift a lot in real life on real tracks (mostly Silverstone) and two full laps of Silverstone on full throttle, sideways, will most definitely pop your tyres...

That's interesting to read. I always thought it was common sense here to know that the tyre heating model is pretty wrong. I guess the biggest problem is that you pit out with tyres 10°C below optimum temperature already.
It's not about whether the tyres should pop quickly or not, it's about grip. When you heat up tyres 30'C above optimum temp irl you do lose some grip but your high-performance tyres won't transform into soap.
-
Who will win??? (GenesisX) DELETED by GenesisX : Everyone already knows ;)
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Actually, with the current tyre model, your tires heat up while drifting very fast, like in 2 laps... I'm used to drift until they pop... (and that means soapy) It's very annoying to pit after 1-2 laps.

Quote from yeager :And yet quite accurate. I used to drift a lot in real life on real tracks (mostly Silverstone) and two full laps of Silverstone on full throttle, sideways, will most definitely pop your tyres...

Uhm, accurate? You're not required to pit every 1-2 laps in LFS because of the tire wear (except with FZ5) but because the tire grip is non-existant if you want fast entry speeds with high angles.

I do agree that the tire wear is pretty spot on with the FZ5, but you can drift waaaay too long with the GTT on current tire physics.
Probably because popping is simulated when a tyre point reach ca. 200 C, and the tyres become soapy way before this point. I certainly don't know any tyres that are heated to 200 C, they stay at a lower temperature and pop because of wear, not temperature (mostly).
Hmm, you might be right. FZ5 might simply be heating the tires up to 200c in couple of laps instead of actually wearing them out, which causes a pop.
indeed
Happy 60 pages
hi guys,

I didn't play LFS for almost a year now. Are there any news about the release date of the new tire physics + vw scirocco?
Check this thread's first post
Quote from Flame CZE :Check this thread's first post

and then wait for Scawen's 4000th post which will be full of patches.
yeah but the post was written the 25th November 2009 so I thought there are some new information.
If there was some new information, there would be a new thread by Scawen here or at lfs.net.
Quote from Flame CZE :If there was some new information, there would be a new thread by Scawen here or at lfs.net.

What he said, since he was quicker.
Quote from three_jump :I'm on page 36

Stop trolling.

Everyone knows you want to show more posts per page.
When is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s
ekoj a si siht
Quote from Private6 :WHen is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s

The VW Scirocco is going to be released on 18. 10. 2010, at 10:42:21.147 UTC, so be prepared to download it. And do not forget to convert this time to your time settings, so you won't miss it
This is where it starts.
This is where it will end.
Here comes the moon again.

Here comes the moon again

Here comes the moon again
Quote from Flame CZE :The VW Scirocco is going to be released on 18. 10. 2010, at 10:42:21.147 UTC, so be prepared to download it. And do not forget to convert this time to your time settings, so you won't miss it

Lol you are just playing with me... Because seriously the launch was more than a year ago. I understand that things can go wrong and they need some time, but more than a year? How many things can you change, more work on 1 car than on the whole game...
No no, they are not working only on the VW Scirocco, but mainly on the new tyre physics.
Quote from Flame CZE :No no, they are not working only on the VW Scirocco, but mainly on the new tyre physics.

Yeah okay I get that, but don't they have a date they think the VW will be released. I'm sorry for asking, but I guess everyone is waiting for it.
Quote from JPeace :Well at least we are having civilised conversations now rather than agressive banter! :P

Quote from DDriver :hi guys,

I didn't play LFS for almost a year now. Are there any news about the release date of the new tire physics + vw scirocco?

Quote from Private6 :WHen is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s

See what happens? That's ALL YOUR fault! You jinxed it! :chairs:
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4443 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG