The online racing simulator
indeed
Happy 60 pages
hi guys,

I didn't play LFS for almost a year now. Are there any news about the release date of the new tire physics + vw scirocco?
Check this thread's first post
Quote from Flame CZE :Check this thread's first post

and then wait for Scawen's 4000th post which will be full of patches.
yeah but the post was written the 25th November 2009 so I thought there are some new information.
If there was some new information, there would be a new thread by Scawen here or at lfs.net.
Quote from Flame CZE :If there was some new information, there would be a new thread by Scawen here or at lfs.net.

What he said, since he was quicker.
Quote from three_jump :I'm on page 36

Stop trolling.

Everyone knows you want to show more posts per page.
When is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s
ekoj a si siht
Quote from Private6 :WHen is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s

The VW Scirocco is going to be released on 18. 10. 2010, at 10:42:21.147 UTC, so be prepared to download it. And do not forget to convert this time to your time settings, so you won't miss it
This is where it starts.
This is where it will end.
Here comes the moon again.

Here comes the moon again

Here comes the moon again
Quote from Flame CZE :The VW Scirocco is going to be released on 18. 10. 2010, at 10:42:21.147 UTC, so be prepared to download it. And do not forget to convert this time to your time settings, so you won't miss it

Lol you are just playing with me... Because seriously the launch was more than a year ago. I understand that things can go wrong and they need some time, but more than a year? How many things can you change, more work on 1 car than on the whole game...
No no, they are not working only on the VW Scirocco, but mainly on the new tyre physics.
Quote from Flame CZE :No no, they are not working only on the VW Scirocco, but mainly on the new tyre physics.

Yeah okay I get that, but don't they have a date they think the VW will be released. I'm sorry for asking, but I guess everyone is waiting for it.
Quote from JPeace :Well at least we are having civilised conversations now rather than agressive banter! :P

Quote from DDriver :hi guys,

I didn't play LFS for almost a year now. Are there any news about the release date of the new tire physics + vw scirocco?

Quote from Private6 :WHen is the scirocco finally going to be in the game. I've been waiting for almost 2 years now :s

See what happens? That's ALL YOUR fault! You jinxed it! :chairs:
Quote from bbman :
See what happens? That's ALL YOUR fault! You jinxed it! :chairs:

Haha, my questions will stop now. I will just have to wait patiently
Quote from RasmusL :Probably because popping is simulated when a tyre point reach ca. 200 C, and the tyres become soapy way before this point. I certainly don't know any tyres that are heated to 200 C, they stay at a lower temperature and pop because of wear, not temperature (mostly).

wild guess but it would seem like overheating the tyres doesnt increase wear like it probably should with the rubber disinitegrating at high temperatures and comming off the cord in chunks
on the whole id say that the tyres become more or less useless after 1-2 laps of drifting is quite correct
Quote from Scawen :Hi there.

I'll "break the silence"... though I do think I said something quite recently.
[...]
it's true that I don't do the same hours that I used to in the early days, when LFS was my hobby, my passion and my work all in one. Now it's more my work, I have other interests as well and there are now other things in life that are more important, but LFS is something I want to be proud of. Something that I want out there and being enjoyed.[...]

There are many excellent programmers with that passion for LFS, many of us had seen in different places great mods, add-ons, and things like that, my question is: why don't you recruit some programmers and physic engineers?, there's a lot out there and maybe 2 or 3 more on the developement team could make bigger things!!!
We all love the passion of early days, that's why we play this simulator and try to contribute with ideas, or simply bringing new players to the game

ps: sorry about my english, i hope all of you can read this message as is, with a lot of excitement and expecting big good things for Scavier, and of course, Live For Speed!
Quote from Miodo :(...) my question is: why don't you recruit some programmers and physic engineers (...)

That's been suggested time and time again, and Scawen has stated time and time again that that is simply not going to happen

Quote from Miodo :ps: sorry about my english, i hope all of you can read this message as is, with a lot of excitement and expecting big good things for Scavier, and of course, Live For Speed!

Your english is better than that of most native english speakers on this forum
Quote from obsolum :That's been suggested time and time again, and Scawen has stated time and time again that that is simply not going to happen

indeed

e.g
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1095731#post1095731

Quote from Scawen :
And by the way we don't "need" to employ more staff so we can release more stuff and make more money. As most people know, the reason for the existence of LFS is because we decided to leave a game company and work in a completely different way. We have seen before and don't wish for the responsibility of employees and running a company, with all that would bring and the inevitable consequences of turning LFS into a full-blown commercial product where money would become the most important thing. There is no problem here, LFS development simply continues, it takes a while but gradually gets better over time, and that's fine! We are quite happy with it!

thanks for showing that quote!

the situation here, is that we don't think LFS devs are making money or something like that, we love to play LFS and we want to see it alive, at least some patch to download, but the feeling of -nothing happened because devs have no time- is very dissapointing.

I bet that many talented people would make things for this game for free, and the retribution of all of the community will be the energy and the passion of making the best racing game ever.
+1 for Miodo
What Scawen has said about LFS being not a "money is everything" commercial product sounds reasonable. However, even if the work is 100% voluntary and un-paid, there will still be lots of passionate and talented people trying to make some contribution to the programme. Isn't that better than a group of 3 ?
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG