The online racing simulator
Quote from Timo1992 :what bout a lion?

i think google translator fails with translating that xD

"don't let the lion stand in it's shirt" aka "laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan"

It is a dutch thingie

rockclan: You even corrected it in the quote
1-1...

keeper at fault, a shocker.

Come on Paraguay.
Damn.

The keepers are incredible on this World Cup...
Damn school i only get to watch a small bit of the Italy match.

edit: shit i open a stream and meet up on the vuvu! grrrrr
All or nothing Italia, great match
Was a great match, both teams cancelled each other out for the first half, after Cameronese came on Italy just turned into a different team.
Quote from BlueFlame :Was a great match, both teams cancelled each other out for the first half, after Cameronese came on Italy just turned into a different team.

You could've atleast google it for the correct name..
Quote from BlueFlame :Was a great match, both teams cancelled each other out for the first half, after Cameronese came on Italy just turned into a different team.

Camoranesi.
Why would I google the name to appear learned? It's only human to make a mistake, unlike the general internet mass I don't google every damn name or fact to appear smart.
Quote from HVS5b :
Dark horse - Ghana

Quote from zeugnimod :No way. Did you see them play in the last weeks? I think they are a safe bet for the last place in the group.

Not a bad start

I just figured one of the African countries would put in a good run.

Too much pressure on the hosts, never mind their lack of quality.
Cameroon for some reason I didn't fancy.
Ivory Coast looked doomed without Drogba, albeit it they're hardly a one man show.
Nigeria always flatter to deceive.
Algeria too lightweight.

Ghana are highly unpredictable, true enough, but if the right players with the right heads show up they could go to semi's - and I had a wee flutter on that too

Can't wait for Ivory Coast vs Portugal tomorrow, and fingers crossed Brazil hit double figures just to see how it is 'reported' back home
Quote from BlueFlame :Why would I google the name to appear learned? It's only human to make a mistake, unlike the general internet mass I don't google every damn name or face to appear smart.

Well you should, at first i thought you're talking about people from Cameroon.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well you should, at first i thought you're talking about people from Cameroon.

Well I'm not Italian, so how could I know the name from memory? I don't follow him or Italian football. Give a guy a break, stop flaming someone for not getting a name right, if you just read the name out as I spelt it, you would get something Phonetically similar to Camoranesi anyway so quit whining. I didn't type alot of Esperanto and demanded that you should have understood it!
Quote from AstroBoy :Oh so i heard that, those Vuvuzelas wont be banned.

Unless they are used as weapons or thrown at players on the pitch, and I think it will come to a point where people from other countries will deliberately do it in an attempt to get them banned. I would understand the support for them if it added to the atmosphere, or was in the least bit musical, but it's just a constant noise, and how are they watching the bloody game if they focus on playing those things for the whole 90 minutes!
Note: this is aimed at noone in particular

This whole vuvuzela issue is one big line under the intolerance and incomprehension of people toward other cultures and habits. "it does nothing for the atmosphere, it's just noise" and "they should ban them from the tournament!" - I hear those lines every day and ask myself if the people saying actually realise that every game of football in that country is supported by an army of vuvuzelas? It's not as if the African supportors had a conference meeting before the world-cup and decided "yes, let's get these big horns and blow on them for 90 minutes to piss everybody off, just for the world-cup!"

This is how these people enjoy football, and to me they seem to be a bunch of people that enjoy the hell out of the game, because you can host a world-cup wherever you want in Europe but you will never see dancing, celebrating people outside of their cars on jammed highways and in every street of damn near every city.

Take the moment to widen your perspective of what is atmosphere-enhancing. I know that's scary and different to just slamming down the cold hard fist of imperialism, but if a whole country gets riled up to the sound of a couple of thousand vuvuzelas there's nothing wrong with the fact that they want to keep that part of their way of enjoying football alive in their tournament.

Besides, I'd rather sit next to a bunch of cheerfully dancing people with genuine joy for the game of football (it still exists!) and a vuvuzela in their hands than a drunken lot shouting racist slurs and calling the referee a cock every 2 minutes, because that's the reality of our enjoyment of football these days.

Just open up a little bit, and don't be so eager to call a ban on something because it's different to what you're used to.

RANT OVER!
Fantastic post. Can't add anything to it.

The whiny, intolereant idiots that keep going on about the vuvuzela's are pissing me off far more than the plastic noise-makers are.
Even if they have a vote to Ban Vuvuzela's on like the Fifa website [Which wont happen]. They won't ban them, 4Chan has taken over already, They will vote no and they will win.
Quote from Jertje :Note: this is aimed at noone in particular

This whole vuvuzela issue is one big line under the intolerance and incomprehension of people toward other cultures and habits. "it does nothing for the atmosphere, it's just noise" and "they should ban them from the tournament!" - I hear those lines every day and ask myself if the people saying actually realise that every game of football in that country is supported by an army of vuvuzelas? It's not as if the African supportors had a conference meeting before the world-cup and decided "yes, let's get these big horns and blow on them for 90 minutes to piss everybody off, just for the world-cup!"

This is how these people enjoy football, and to me they seem to be a bunch of people that enjoy the hell out of the game, because you can host a world-cup wherever you want in Europe but you will never see dancing, celebrating people outside of their cars on jammed highways and in every street of damn near every city.

Take the moment to widen your perspective of what is atmosphere-enhancing. I know that's scary and different to just slamming down the cold hard fist of imperialism, but if a whole country gets riled up to the sound of a couple of thousand vuvuzelas there's nothing wrong with the fact that they want to keep that part of their way of enjoying football alive in their tournament.

Besides, I'd rather sit next to a bunch of cheerfully dancing people with genuine joy for the game of football (it still exists!) and a vuvuzela in their hands than a drunken lot shouting racist slurs and calling the referee a cock every 2 minutes, because that's the reality of our enjoyment of football these days.

Just open up a little bit, and don't be so eager to call a ban on something because it's different to what you're used to.

RANT OVER!

Considering I've had first hand of hearing those bloody horns at a match, I think I'm entitled to complain about them.

There was a group of kids who bought them on Ebay a while back in time for our cup replay with Hibs, and although on that moment they where ok then, it was only used on few occasions and the whole crowd (6,000 odd in a small stadium) where noisy enough to drown them out.

However there was on guy who thought that these would be good to constantly blow them throughout an entire midweek league game when there was less than 1000 at the game. The constant buzzing only yards away from where I stood was beyond a joke.

So I'm not looking to ban them because their different, or because it's not done on the European content (or for any other reason you like to throw at me) it's because I have suffered at the hands of the vuvu, and experienced in a game environment.

BTW for those who dislike the vuvu's more than the Scots dislike Jimmy Hill, the bbc are looking to have the red button audio minus the vuvu's, alternatively listen to the game on the Radio 5 live.
Meh... 0-0
Boring match
Quote from Jertje :Besides, I'd rather sit next to a bunch of cheerfully dancing people with genuine joy for the game of football (it still exists!) and a vuvuzela in their hands than a drunken lot shouting racist slurs and calling the referee a cock every 2 minutes, because that's the reality of our enjoyment of football these days.

I'd rather not sit next to 10 to 20 people blowing their vuvuzelas with over 100 db right next to my ears. I want to keep my hearing.

And this is a bit black and white, no? As if there are only those two types of "fans". :rolleyes:

Oh, and a quote from Wikipedia (you might also read in that link that the Vuvuzela itself actually doesn't have that much of a tradition):

"During the entire match, supporters blow vuvuzelas frantically in an attempt to "kill off" their opponents."

Not so cheer- and joyfull anymore?

I'd say the best decision is to allow vuvuzelas in matches with African teams and ban them in all other matches.

BTW, here's another way to use the thing:

Attached images
30bo36v.jpg
SFA is looking to ban them for next season, you'll be glad to hear Mackie

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG