The online racing simulator
Quote from STROBE :I've been lurking a fair bit, and seen you around plenty.

More's the pity.

Yea, I should really get a life.
So WTF, no one watched Avatar 3D?? FAN - FU*KIN - TASTIC!! Unbelievable..
just watched Battle Royale...
I loved it - Japanese schoolgirls, shooting automatic weaponry and people getting killed... all my 3 fetishes combined! ehm... I meant a very gruesome film that makes you think "Is this all necessary?"

P.S: Love the Beast is also quite a good watch. Thoroughly enjoyed that
Avatar was a great movie, It was really badass.
i seen yesterday avatar in 3D,it was really good,before i seen the movie i thought its stupid,but afterall it is rly cool !
I thought comments would swarm this thread, but either people forgot about it, or they haven't watched the movie. It was simply spectacular, i don't have better words for it. Story might be a bit cliched, but everything else is just mind boggling. Your mind doesn't understand that's it's all CGI, it's so well done that you don't comprehend that it's not real.. and 3D effects just add to the cake.

Cameroon, i am not dissapoint.
or maybe its because the movie is rather uniniteresting and unimaginative once you look past the cgi and the rather gimmicky 3d
Paranormal Activity is a hell of an good movie
Quote from Shotglass :or maybe its because the movie is rather uniniteresting and unimaginative once you look past the cgi and the rather gimmicky 3d

Oh jesus christ.. this internet really makes everybody wright utter rubbish, just for the hell of it Sorry but i just don't accept that comment.
That old wisdom really seems true now, "everyone has a right to have an opinion... as long as he keeps it to himself"
I have recently had time to watch a few movies:
  • Paranormal Activity - watched this at night alone and I almost crapped my pants and I couldn't fall asleep for two hours. I don't believe in ghosts and demons but this film made me think twice
  • Zombieland - great comedy and some gruesome shots...I like. Also Woody F****g Harrelson
  • Surrogates - I, Robot and Matrix combined. I watched it for Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames. Mediocre movie, but if you were as bored as I was back then, you'd like it too
  • Ice Age 3 - a kiddy comedy with lots of humour also for adults, I recommend to watch this with a girl. A good film to laugh through, but you won't miss much if you two get on it in the middle of the movie, so it's a win win
  • Groundhog Day - an older one but the best of the bunch. Bill Murray is just incredible, both as an **** and also as a good guy. Oh yeah and Andie MacDowell is hot!
Quote from Boris Lozac :That old wisdom really seems true now, "everyone has a right to have an opinion... as long as he keeps it to himself"

and your oppinion is obviously much more valid than mine
Quote from Boris Lozac :Cameroon, i am not dissapoint.

No shit man, I'm still buzzing about Syndey 2000 - go Cameroon!!!
Quote from shotglass :or maybe its because the movie is rather uniniteresting and unimaginative once you look past the cgi and the rather gimmicky 3d

+1.
Quote from Shotglass :or maybe its because the movie is rather uniniteresting and unimaginative once you look past the cgi and the rather gimmicky 3d

I quite often think you talk out of your arse, but I'm right with you on this one

It's a good experience, but it's a crap film.

Crappy acting, cliche after cliche, terrible dialogue, poor story.

Technical wizardry (and there's no doubt it's technically excellent) does not make a good movie.

Quote from xaotik :No shit man, I'm still buzzing about Syndey 2000 - go Cameroon!!!

ROFL
Quote from The Moose : It's a good experience, but it's a crap film.

And there I was thinking about what to say. No need anymore, you already said it all on that line.

Quote from xaotik :No shit man, I'm still buzzing about Syndey 2000 - go Cameroon!!!

Hahah
You people are just too bitter for your own good. Why don't you make a better movie, with your cheap camera while listening to some indie on your iPod..
Quote from The Moose :I quite often think you talk out of your arse, but I'm right with you on this one

It's a good experience, but it's a crap film.

Crappy acting, cliche after cliche, terrible dialogue, poor story.

Technical wizardry (and there's no doubt it's technically excellent) does not make a good movie.

I dunno, I'm typically pretty hard on movies, and I think Avatar accomplished exactly what it set out to do. It's not unlike most of Cameron's previous movies--the story/dialogue are a distant second to the spectacle. Terminator/T2 obviously had a stronger story, and the Abyss had novelty, but neither were exactly world-class cinema on those terms.

The acting in Avatar is uniformly competent across the board, given what the actors had to work with. (The villains had basically nothing to work with.) Worthington and Saldana I think did a really nice job.

As for the 3D being gimmicky, I think this is the first 3D film in which it wasn't used in a gimmicky way. It was wholly immersive in a way I've never seen before--used almost exclusively to add depth to the images and increase the feeling of being there. After about 30 minutes I completely forgot I was wearing the goofy glasses. It just felt natural. To be honest I think in a couple years we won't see any big action movies/blockbusters that AREN'T in 3D. Not saying this is a good thing, but Avatar carries it off well enough that it'll be a sea change.

The script is obviously the weakest point, but for a film aimed squarely at 14-year-old adventure lust, it was perfectly serviceable.
Quote from The Moose :I quite often think you talk out of your arse, but I'm right with you on this one

i cant figure out if thats supposed to be a compliment or an insult

Quote from DeadWolfBones :The villains had basically nothing to work with.

thats pretty much the problem here isnt it?

Quote :As for the 3D being gimmicky, I think this is the first 3D film in which it wasn't used in a gimmicky way. It was wholly immersive in a way I've never seen before--used almost exclusively to add depth to the images and increase the feeling of being there. After about 30 minutes I completely forgot I was wearing the goofy glasses. It just felt natural. To be honest I think in a couple years we won't see any big action movies/blockbusters that AREN'T in 3D. Not saying this is a good thing, but Avatar carries it off well enough that it'll be a sea change.

3d is always gimmicky and im pretty sure the whole movie would have been a lot more vivid without blocking half the light to each eye (speaking of which the subtitles were horribly dark and low contrast with the glasses on)
the loss of fidelity through the polarizers isnt helped by the movies art direction going for a rather cold and low saturation look in the daylight scenes
also the fact that there was always a tree trunk or something else going right to the edge of the screen meant you lost a lot of the potential 3d has (and this was on the largest imax screen europe has to offer)

for me the biggest problem with the movie apart from that it was basically 'dances with smurfs' was that the fantasy world presented seems to have been dreamt up by someone with no imagination whatsoever
ever single animal in the movie looked almost exactly like something you can find on earth
Whether you think 3D is gimmicky or not, it's coming in full force this coming year. LG/Samsung/Sony are rapidly prepping 3D televisions and apparently Blu-ray is 3D-ready already. Gonna have to get used to it.
Quote from Shotglass :for me the biggest problem with the movie apart from that it was basically 'dances with smurfs' was that the fantasy world presented seems to have been dreamt up by someone with no imagination whatsoever
ever single animal in the movie looked almost exactly like something you can find on earth

And yeah, this bothered me too. "What if we crossed a hammerhead shark with an elephant!!" But eh, it was fun enough to look at for a couple hours. Won't make my top whatever of the decade list, but I didn't feel like I'd wasted my money when I left the theater.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Whether you think 3D is gimmicky or not, it's coming in full force this coming year. LG/Samsung/Sony are rapidly prepping 3D televisions and apparently Blu-ray is 3D-ready already. Gonna have to get used to it.

people are gonna be sorely disappointed when they see how unexciting 3d is on a small screen

Quote from DeadWolfBones :And yeah, this bothered me too. "What if we crossed a hammerhead shark with an elephant!!"

i was thinking rhino but yeah the only thing that didnt have a complete earth equivalent was the pterosaur/dragon crosses but then again dragons are common as muck in fantasy

Quote :But eh, it was fun enough to look at for a couple hours. Won't make my top whatever of the decade list, but I didn't feel like I'd wasted my money when I left the theater.

neither did i but i certainly didnt feel like it had any place in the top 25 either where its currently ranked at imdb
for me the most obvious sign that the movie wasnt anything special is that no one of the rather large group of people i went to see it with wanted to talk about the movie afterwards not even the guy who spent the last 4 months or so wetting himself in anticipation fo the movie
Quote from Boris Lozac :So WTF, no one watched Avatar 3D?? FAN - FU*KIN - TASTIC!! Unbelievable..

Yep, 7 posts above your post mate
Quote from Shotglass :no one of the rather large group of people i went to see it with wanted to talk about the movie afterwards not even the guy who spent the last 4 months or so wetting himself in anticipation fo the movie

That's because mind cannot grasp what awesomeness it just saw..

Honestly, you're just trying so hard to find flaws.. Do you really demand originality in 2010? Billions of films are made, offcourse everything is seen million times so far. But this is just awesomeness. When that 'leader' that also has a crush on Neiterii jumps on that ship with arrows, just fu*king awesome, those are the scenes that really make my adrenaline go up.. and the movie is full of those.
It just takes you from your ordinary life on a ~3 hours dream.. i didn't wanted it to end.
Quote from Shotglass :but i certainly didnt feel like it had any place in the top 25 either where its currently ranked at imdb

Rule #724 for preserving your sanity: Pay no attention to where movies rank (or don't rank) on the IMDb top 250 list (especially new movies).

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG