The online racing simulator
Quote from Electrik Kar :Eek. And maybe some not so positive effects

you should read "you suck" by christopher moore itll give a whole new pespective on the american love for smurfs
"We discussed it and agreed that when we were kids, we all really wanted to bone a Smurf"
and while youre at it tell the guy to read it too... might help him with finding a way to convince his gf
The Road

Read the book, loved it, was worried how the film adaptation would be......

Needn't have worried, AMAZING film, beautifully shot, stays quite true to the book, however, some of the pieces are in a different chronological order to the book, but it doesn't matter.

Well worth a watch, but be warned, some people (in both the book and the film) don't "get" the ending.
I thought the ending was fine. Did people expect he'd get eated?
Looking forward to Fantastic Mr Fox.
Watched The Road.

Was good to watch. Could have been shot a bit better but still enjoyed it alot. Powerfull emotions and equally powerfull scenery.

p.s. Why didn't he take that sweet bow?
The Book of Eli - What a fantastic film Great storyline, great action with just the right amount of humour .... Brilliant scene near the end made me laugh and go "huh?"... A must see
Quote from Xaid0n :The Book of Eli - What a fantastic film

Looking forward to seeing that, can't beat a bit of post apocalyptic action.
Went to see Sherlock Holmes on Wednesday. Have to say I enjoyed it. Liked the new character twists on an old story.

Also, just a word to anyone that might be put off because it's a Guy Ritchie film. Don't be, it's not another lock stock clone and if you didn't know it was one of his films you probably wouldn't guess it was. Though there is a fundamental similarity even so, which I won't state so as not to prejudice people against the film.
Quote from gezmoor :Went to see Sherlock Holmes on Wednesday. Have to say I enjoyed it. Liked the new character twists on an old story.

As someone who isn't a hung up on the tradition of Sherlock Holmes and could watch it for what it was..a re-imagining of the character, i thought it was a thoroughly entertaining 2 hours.

Good pacing, looked great, funny, great chemistry between Robert Downey Jr (who was fantastic in the role) and Jude Law. The 2 hours flew by and i was never bored for a second.

It was a perfect Sunday afternoon movie. Gets a very solid 8/10 for me and i'm looking forward to the sequel.

On a pure entertainment level i haven't seen anything that was quite as much fun for a long time. (Inglorious bastards was great, but was probably 20 mins to long)
It sure beat the crap out of Avatar (5/10..and only because of the visuals)
Recently seen the X-Men trilogy, still one of the best marvel movies for me (although I'm pretty biased here, ranking the X-men far above Spider-man, iron man et al).

Also two very good movies from the '80s:

1984 (based on George Orwell's book)
Chariots of Fire. Soundtrack extraordinaire.
Yep, Sherlock Holmes was quite good
We went to see The Book of Eli, awesome film.
Me and the missus just went to see Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Not sure how interesting it would be for non- Dury fans, but I loved it. Andy Serkis is amazing.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Me and the missus just went to see Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Not sure how interesting it would be for non- Dury fans, but I loved it. Andy Serkis is amazing.

Ah! I've got to go and see that, cheers for reminding me.
I finally dragged my ass into cinema to watch Avatar, i had serious doubts before it but i was actually pleasantly suprised. Enviorment was just amazing...i didn't even noticed how almost 3 hours passed, I was afraid that i get same experience like with Lord of the rings where i wanted to leave cinema after first hour .
Blindness... All i can say is wow. Watch that movie!
Watched Public Enemies.. Not awesome, not bad, ok watch..
Quote from BenjiMC :Blindness... All i can say is wow. Watch that movie!

Agreed, brilliant film.
Waiting to finish the book to watch that one.
Another good film i watched yesterday, Super Bad! Funny movie, kinda like pineapple express and barts got a room mixed together.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG