The online racing simulator
Hey guys.
Just wonderin if anyone has seen 2012 yet? I want to get it but want to make sure its good.
thanks,
zay
Quote from Zay :Hey guys.
Just wonderin if anyone has seen 2012 yet? I want to get it but want to make sure its good.
thanks,
zay

It's not worth watching, IMO.
Quote from Zay :Hey guys.
thanks,
zay

By far the worst film i saw in 2009. Absolute garbage.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wow, you have some list with Avatar flaws and you just added that one too Never is it said how low it is, maybe it's 5% lower then on earth, so enough to soften your muscles etc..

well for something that calls itself scifi theres an aweful lot wrong on the science side
apart from that 5% wont make an difference to your muscles theres also the (as good as) fact that there are not gas giants at alpha centauri and that its nigh on impossible for a moon of a gas giant to suport life
Jupiter is a gas giant, and Europa is one of its moons, though I wonder if perhaps the planet's magnetsphere might have an effect on any potential life there.
Sometimes you guys take movies way too serious... movies which shouldn't be taken serious, movies which are just entertainment.

I've seen 2012, the story was terrible, the realism a joke, but it was good entertainment. Same with Avatar... one of the most bland and "worn out" plots i've seen recently, but it was simply a blast to watch. Not everything needs to be deep and have a powerful story behind it, blabla... get over it and try to just enjoy the show maybe?
allright you got a point lets put this differently
its nigh on impossibly for a moon of a gas giant to support surface dwelling sun supported life

jibber ive yet to see anyone here who felt that avatar was a waste of ~2 1/2 hours of their life (although you could easily shave of half an hour or a whole hour without losing anything in that movie and make it less drawn out) but you will find rather a lot of people who dont think that this was the best movie of the decade or that ir redefines cinema or whatever else exaggeration has been said about the movie before
Quote from jibber :Sometimes you guys take movies way too serious... movies which shouldn't be taken serious, movies which are just entertainment.

I've seen 2012, the story was terrible, the realism a joke, but it was good entertainment. Same with Avatar... one of the most bland and "worn out" plots i've seen recently, but it was simply a blast to watch. Not everything needs to be deep and have a powerful story behind it, blabla... get over it and try to just enjoy the show maybe?

Well from my point of view i don't think i'm taking any of it too seriously. That doesn't stop me from finding Avatar extremely overrated, and 2012 the worst film of last year, and possibly one of the worst I've ever seen. (2012 was so bad it's the only time I've ever left the cinema before the end of a film. )

Avatar was quite enthralling visually for 45mins. +The novelty wore off quickly though, and by the 1.5 hour point i was dying for the film to end to end. I just found it dull. Trust me, i was just there for the ride for both of those films, but neither did it for me.

As you can see from my earlier post, Inglorious Basterds was my favorite film of last year, so needing a "deep and powerful story" isn't exactly high on my list of must haves when it comes to whats makes a good movie. (though a great story and something that doesn't insult your intelligence is always a nice bonus)

The real test of what makes a good film for me is whether I'll buy it on DVD/Blueray having already seen it, and will it get many repeat viewings over the years. 2012 i have no desire to see ever again... Avatar i certainly wont buy. It has to be seen on a huge screen, preferably IMAX in 3D. That is what makes it the "experience" it is. I think once people sit at home and watch it on their TV's they will see how very average a film it really is.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Again, you've missed the point. They DO represent US army and US governement. He clearly says in one line "They were soldiers on earth, but here they are mercenaries".. or something like that. It's an obvious represantation of US army and human kind in general... and that Bush'es line "We fight terror with terror"..

I'm not saying there's not a critique of US foreign policy in there, I'm saying that's not close to being ALL the movie is about.
Quote from jibber :Sometimes you guys take movies way too serious... movies which shouldn't be taken serious, movies which are just entertainment.

Ye same as Transformers.

Some say it doesn't have a good storyline and some say it has freaking awesome special effects (true), but all we know is i FREAKING LOVE the Transformer movies!!!

Waiting for the third one.
Quote from Shotglass :
jibber ive yet to see anyone here who felt that avatar was a waste of ~2 1/2 hours of their life (although you could easily shave of half an hour or a whole hour without losing anything in that movie and make it less drawn out) but you will find rather a lot of people who dont think that this was the best movie of the decade or that ir redefines cinema or whatever else exaggeration has been said about the movie before

I can certainly agree with that, it was by no means an outstanding movie, nor was 2012. I simply enjoyed it for the eyecandy it was (and i've watched it online, not in the greatest quality... and it still worked for me).
Quote from G!NhO :Ye same as Transformers.

Some say it doesn't have a good storyline and some say it has freaking awesome special effects (true), but all we know is i FREAKING LOVE the Transformer movies!!!

Waiting for the third one.

So it ends like there will be a 3rd then? I havn't seen it yet.
Quote from Zay :So it ends like there will be a 3rd then? I havn't seen it yet.

Yes and it has been confirmed by Michael Bay if i am right.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm not saying there's not a critique of US foreign policy in there, I'm saying that's not close to being ALL the movie is about.

either way im really looking forward to the day flymike sees this thread and starts ranting how avatar promotes some liberal treehugger agenda

Quote from G!NhO :Yes and it has been confirmed by Michael Bay if i am right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKa3CJA6oY
^^^^

Funny as f**k......
Quote from Electrik Kar :I just hope most of those posters are very young.

When the film 'The Neverending Story' came out (I was 8) I couldn't stop thinking about it and I wanted desperately to be Atreyu. I also read the book about 8 times because I couldn't get enough of that place.

Well me and my friends (we are mid 20-ies) all felt something like that after the film Not in the Emo kinda way, with tears, but i did kinda felt a bit down knowing i'm back in the grey reality
Just watched Alien Autopsy for the 3rd time, i saw it in the cinema when it came out and the missus found it in a charity shop on DVD so she got it.

I like it, but i would also like to find out more about the real ray santilli and the alledged true footage behind the film.
Quote :Originally Posted by elequin
I dont know if theres any WoW addicts out there, but after seeign Avatar I have lost all desire to play

Heh, I cancelled my account yesterday after 3 years. I tried playing after the movie and just kinda stopped, stood there, and realized it was all way beyond pointless.

Looks like the movie is actually having some kind of positive effect

edit:

Quote :
While I was in the movie the first four times these thoughts never surfaced, as soon as I entered the movie for the fifth time I started to experience strong.. urges.. lol. The Na'vi are now more attractive to me than people are. I am having trouble looking at my gf the same way and unless I can do something about her I am certain we will have serious relationship troubles because of it. I don't know whether I should simply embrace the beauty of the Na'vi or reject it for my mere human urges. I am here to ask your advice, or to seek your counsel. I would like to ask her to dress up as a Na'vi but I am unsure about how this request will be received... Even then, she will not match their beauty, *sigh*

Eek. And maybe some not so positive effects

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG