The online racing simulator
Quote from Crashgate3 :Just seen The Watchmen. Absolutely fantastic, one of the best films I've ever seen.

It's lo-o-o-o-ong, but there was no point at which I realised it had been going for ages and was gettying impatient for the end.

And it has to be said: DANGLY BLUE PENIS!

Read the book?

If not, go get it.

Glad to hear the movie's good, though. I'm waiting on the gf to read it before we go. :P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Read the book?

If not, go get it.

Glad to hear the movie's good, though. I'm waiting on the gf to read it before we go. :P

just sneak along on ur own lol. It doesn't get boring tbh, but dont expect loads of action like the trailers show.
Just watched tonight "Gran Torino" and simply loved it!!!!
Martyrs A cute little French film about a nice little girl that gets abducted...

and fifteen years later goes after revenge!!

Makes "Saw" and "Hostel" look like Noddy in Playtown!
They even tried getting this movie banned in France...which considering that the French will allow just about anything just shows how extreme this film is.

WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREME VIOLENCE ...but WILL make you think!
Pitch black.
Quote from Bladerunner :Martyrs A cute little French film about a nice little girl that gets abducted...

Going to have a look for this later...Anything that makes Saw look like a comedy has to be good
Just saw Der Knochenmann

Great movie, lot's of very dry and sarcastic austrian humour. Too bad it won't screen (or have success) anywhere else. If you get to see it, do so. (warning: even german native speakers might need subtitles if they are not used to the austrian dialect)
This should be in a new topic: "Films NOT to see at any cost!"

zOMG, The idiots actually let the tw@t loose again

Far Cry...A "Uwe Boll" Film

For the record...IMDB rating...2.8/10...shows just how bad it is!
Haven't posted for a while.
I won't be naming the mainstream stuff and I won't be naming most of the movies I liked and I won't be naming any movies by Godard.

Salaire de la peur, Le - Just BRILLIANT. Thriller, adventure and some action. An absolute must-watch for everyone that watches movies made before the year 2000.
Umberto D. - Another brilliant must-watch one. Italian Neorealist story of a man and his dog.

Ah, and i'll still have to wander into mainstream.

Ed Wood - One of the most "charismatic" movies i've watched in at least a year. This movie practically had me saying for the whole session - WHAT A MOVIE.
Quote from Bladerunner :This should be in a new topic: "Films NOT to see at any cost!"

I had thought about opening one but I think it would end up in a massive flame, e.g. my top entry among recent movies would likely be the atrocious Seven Pounds if anybody thinks you can do what Will Smith does at the end of the movie after doing whatever he did, then I happen to own an interesting Fountain in Piazza Navona Roma that I'd like to sell for a very reasonable price 92 minutes before they even get to do what it was clear they were going to do since the beginning - I thought my eyes were going to bleed!

Simply one of the worst script I've seen in recent times, no question about that.
Surprisingly "Sex Drive" wasn't that bad...
Quote from Bladerunner :This should be in a new topic: "Films NOT to see at any cost!"

zOMG, The idiots actually let the tw@t loose again

Far Cry...A "Uwe Boll" Film

For the record...IMDB rating...2.8/10...shows just how bad it is!

And if such a thread was ever opened, it would be me criticising ever single Jason Stratham movie, and the majority of Hugh Jackman's also.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :And if such a thread was ever opened, it would be me criticising ever single Jason Stratham movie, and the majority of Hugh Jackman's also.

Oh come on, tell me you aren't eagerly awaiting Crank 2: High Voltage? With the undeniably bulletproof plot: "Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working."

Quote from pb32000 :Oh come on, tell me you aren't eagerly awaiting Crank 2: High Voltage? With the undeniably bulletproof plot: "Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working."

Crank was an awesome film - yeah, the plot was a bit shit but it's one of those films you can just sit back and watch at 11 PM with a beer and a pizza and will rock.

Taken is the same sort of film (and so are most Jason Statham films tbh).

I just hope Crank High Voltage will be a 15 so I can watch it in the cinema (although if it's anything like the first one it won't be :P)
Quote from pb32000 :Oh come on, tell me you aren't eagerly awaiting Crank 2: High Voltage? With the undeniably bulletproof plot: "Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working."

They made a second!!! :wtf2:

:hbomb:
They are making a second atm for release in April
Quote from Jakg :Crank was an awesome film - yeah, the plot was a bit shit but it's one of those films you can just sit back and watch at 11 PM with a beer and a pizza and will rock.

I know mate it is great! I've watched it a few times now and I still laugh every time. It's just so OTT, 2 is shaping up to be even better
Quote from Jakg :They are making a second atm for release in April

So there is still time to stop it........

*packs Rambo style hunting knifes and guns*
I watched Le Salaire de la peur today and enjoyed it. Back then they made movies differently and I like it a lot more. Even alone the mix of languages added a lot to the athmosphere. Since I know german, english, italian and a bit of french I managed to get the gist of next to everything without looking at the subtitles. That was a lot of fun.

Vain
I plan to watch the movie Watchmen on cinema or something this week, can anyone be kind giving me an opinion and little reveiw about it?

I don't want these standar reveiws by papers and such, I don't trust those, I just want opinions from people who have watched it. Good/bad, doesn't mean a thing, just give me my opinion of why or why not I should see it.

Thanks
Quote from The Very End :...Watchmen...

Dark, violent. Good mix of action, investigation and a bit of drama. A few memorable characters. Great soundtrack.
Sounds great, thanks for that short but great comment
"Into the Wild"

warning! two and a half hours.
Slumdog Millionaire

/thread
Watched The Last Samurai for the 3rd time last night, and IMO, its a true classic, despite Tom Cruise being in the lead role.

Has everything a good film should, good story, great cinematography, good roles, great fight scenes.

When I first saw it, it was in a REALLY hot, stuffy and busy small cinema in Leicester Square, and I can remember forgetting about the surroundings for 2.5 hours simply because the film drew me in.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG