The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :unsure if body only or with lenses...

That's a pretty significant variable. Need to know.
Im about to be the owner of a second hand Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO EX HSM.

Lets just hope the seller i've found is a good and honest one

I think i hate you
same just kidding
They're just cars. Do your School. Do some good Job and buy one. A Corvette isnt that expensive.

Used C6 LS3 427HP ('07-'08) in very good conditons with low milage = 30.000-40.000$

Z06 Used 55.000-65.000. New 75.000$
I don't like the pics, too shoopzed.
I can post the original pics. But they are really crappy. Dont know what i did that day, but every picture was bad. (40D 17-55 2.8 IS)
Eeehhhyyeem.

I've been drowing in work (Don can testify) so not much photos lately. This 15 min rush job is from last night, details at my Flickr if someone's interested.

The client was happy.
Spanky, what's your flickr name again?
Quote from SamH :That's a pretty significant variable. Need to know.

Ok,

Sony A200 has an 18-70mm lens

Olympus E420SE has a 17.5-45 mm lens

Pentax Km Twin has a 18-55mm & 50-200mm lens

And the Pentax K-M has a 18-55 mm lens.

Opinions, please?
Prices?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Prices?

Quote from Jakg :Olympus E420 - £139.97

Pentax K-M - £229.97

Quote from Jakg :Sony A200 [..]£134.97

I'd forget the Olympus out of hand, based on feedback from Matt (TS).

The K-M (with the 2 lenses, right?) would be a good pick. My brother has the A200 and it's plenty of nice consumer features (not actually my thang) as well.

Over to you guys..
I'd agree on ditching the Olympus.

Between the Sony and the Pentax, well, you know I'm going to say the Pentax. But here are three good reasons why:

1. Excellent image quality when shooting RAW + surprisingly good high-ISO quality for its class.
2. Takes AA rechargeable batteries--Sanyo Eneloops ftw, and you can always use some lithiums in an emergency.
3. An incredible back catalog of super cheap manual focus lenses of extremely high quality. If you're on a budget, this is huge.

The K-m also has a better viewfinder (slightly), uses SDHC vs. the A200's CF card (personal preference here), and has the best kit lens in its class in terms of IQ. The DA 50-200 is also surprisingly good for a kit.

That said, the price difference is big (and kinda strange given the Sony had the higher MSRP).

You can talk to Taavi (EST) if you want more info about the K-m. I've got the K-x, which has the same body, and I think the ergonomics are just fine. It's a small camera, but it feels good in the hand.
OK thanks (sorry for my short posts, long days ftl).

I'll probably buy both of them (IF i can get hold of them) and have a play and sell the one I dont want.

Thanks guys!

Now for the battle of trying to find someone to sell me the damn things...

I'm an amateur
I love mine a lot, but I think it's gonna be a lot more expensive for him than either of the others.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I love mine a lot, but I think it's gonna be a lot more expensive for him than either of the others.

Yes,but i can't stand the olympus crop factor and i don't really like the files that the sony cameras produce.
The K-x seems to have all the features to be the best entry level camera.
Quote from WIGGA :They're just cars. Do your School. Do some good Job and buy one. A Corvette isnt that expensive.

Used C6 LS3 427HP ('07-'08) in very good conditons with low milage = 30.000-40.000$

Z06 Used 55.000-65.000. New 75.000$

Maybe in your fairyland, pal. Prepare to drop 130k euros (nearly 200k U.S. pesos) for a 10-year-old Dodge Viper in Finland. :cry:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Spanky, what's your flickr name again?

Miggohoo

Quote from Jakg :Ok,

Sony A200 has an 18-70mm lens

Olympus E420SE has a 17.5-45 mm lens

Pentax Km Twin has a 18-55mm & 50-200mm lens

And the Pentax K-M has a 18-55 mm lens.

Opinions, please?

Killer entry level deal that does everything? Used Nikon D40 + Nikkor 18-200 VR. Back catalogue includes decades of Nikkor lenses that fit all modern bodies too.
Quote from spankmeyer :Killer entry level deal that does everything? Used Nikon D40 + Nikkor 18-200 VR. Back catalogue includes decades of Nikkor lenses that fit all modern bodies too.

Umm.. doesn't the D40 require AF-S lenses? There's no lens motor in the D40 body
Back to the first reflex choice:
The main thing you have to worry about is the lens offer.
Scroll all the manufacturer's list of optics and decide which you feel most comfortable with.Nikon doesn't have a "cheap" f4 telephoto lineup,for instance.There are pro and cons for each brand,just don't try to save some £ to buy a system you won't like in a year.
I choose Canon and im pretty happy with that choice but if i started now i would have chosen Nikon probably.
Pentax,Sony and Olympus have the stabilized sensor which is a good thing.
You will find also that you can buy lenses for pentax for a ridicolous amount of money and still have a perfect compatibility with your digital body(unlike Nikon or Canon).
Canikon,on the other side,have a pretty big lineup of lenses for just every possible use.You really can't think of a lens of of them do not have.
It's up to you,choose a brand and go with it.Evaluate all the good and bad things according to your needs and pockets.
And remember,a good body may last 3-4 years while a good lens can last pretty much forever.
Quote from SamH :Umm.. doesn't the D40 require AF-S lenses? There's no lens motor in the D40 body

Well,the 18-200 is an AF-S lens

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG