The online racing simulator
@ all pics on this page:

Awesome pics are awesome
Quote from mcintyrej :Thanks, I've tried the 50d in a shop and now obviously tried the 40d, the 50 is really nice - the upgrades over the 40 are definately worth it but its also worth considering getting a 40d + better glass.

the 30d is more than enough for me but i just like new toys lol will probably just stick with the 30d and get some nice L glass for it one day .

@DeadWolfBones awsome pics
I haven't shot fireworks yet, so figured I'd give it a go with my trusty little cheap superzoom. Ben? Where's your fireworks from last night?

4 seconds is the maximum shutter I can go....

My personal favorite....

Are you using a monopod?
@ Don: Have you considered signing up at Speedhunters? Your Pics are in the same league like those made by the full time "hunters".

Click the pictures for full resolution.

More here: http://imageexchange.nokia.com/home.jsp#/user/471IOGOA

Sent from phone. I feel like I have no home anymore, I almost don't go there (apart from sleeping, but even so, not very often, and usually late). I kind of miss my pc. Hm, nah...
Posted some photos a while ago playing with the camera and the guitar. Processed this one that I took that day. Boy I wish I could get the DOF you guys get. This is the best I could do....

Already posted some shots from my trip to Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. I drove my family 1100 miles to get away from the stress of work for a week, and what is the very first thing I see when I arrived at the resort? Work!!!!! I saw the following first thing sitting outside the check-in.

These are called Gorilla Blocks. They are made from expanded polypropylene beads molded in a steam molding press. During the R&D trials of the colored EPP beads that I produce, I was the only one in the world to produce colored EPP bead. Shortly after, we quit expanding the orange material, which you can't see in the speckled pieces in the photo, and went into production with 2 other guys joining in the expanding of the material. Thus I know for a fact that 1100 miles trying to get away from work, these are molded from the material that I expanded about 3 years ago.

Already posted up my shot of the Epcot sphere, globe, ball, or whatever it is called. Here's a couple more shots of it. Everyone has a shot of this, but it is just so cool....

Another building that was in Epcot, Disneyworld. Now I can't remember what it even was. I think the "attraction" in it was down for renovations, so we never went in.

Took this shot for a thread on the Disneyworld forums titled, "Show me a photo a normal tourist wouldn't take." It is in the rafters of one of the shows.

And 2 randoms from around Disneyworld. First one is supposedly the Jenny from Forest Gump, but I'm sure it's just a replica. Second one is just a random photo from the porch of one of the buildings...

Final photo, my oldest daughter came to LOVE the rollercoaster type rides. What did the 6 year old love? Cotton Candy!

Yeah, pre-season is back. None of that fancy World Cup for me with all it's skill and colour and attrctive football....no sir give me brutal Scotish footy anyday.

Some mood from Paula Huhtanen's art gallery opening and preparation.

A few from my new Nikkor 135mm f/2 pre-Ai:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :A few from my new Nikkor 135mm f/2 pre-Ai

The restrained, tame and smudgy bokeh doesn't work with these shots for me. It's... well boring frankly Could be superb for subtle fading focus, but especially with the pointy finger I'd want it punchy and aggressive
Well, these are only test shots from my first day with the lens. We'll see how it performs in actual use sooner or later.
Im trying to get started a bit with hobby photography atm.

Gonna buy a budget DSLR (€400-€700), but cant quite decide which one.

Currently looking at Nikon D3000 and Sony A230.

Any advice?
What are the most important features i should pay attention too?

Also, how do lens prices compare between Canon, Nikkor and Sony?
Not that im gonna buy new lenses anytime soon after i got the camera
Sony is a pretty expensive system to buy into if you want high-quality AF lenses. I'd stick with Nikon or Pentax for low end, but then again I would say that.
Can't really give any useful advice if you just want to dip your toes in photography but if you're anyway serious then a used D300 with Nikkor 50mm/f1.8 might just fit the budget and you'd have plenty of camera for years to come either as your main camera or backup body.

Pro-Nikkor lenses are very expensive just like pro-Canons. Canon has more el cheapo mid-price stuff but Nikon and Pentax have decades worth of used lenses available on eBay.
Quote from spankmeyer :Pro-Nikkor lenses are very expensive just like pro-Canons. Canon has more el cheapo mid-price stuff but Nikon and Pentax have decades worth of used lenses available on eBay.

Yep.

Pentax and Nikon (to a slightly lesser extent) did the right thing by their loyal users and kept their lens mounts virtually unchanged from the manual focus days when they moved on to AF, so you can use their MF lenses going back to the 60s on their modern dSLRs with no problem. You can also use their older AF lenses no sweat. Canon, unfortunately, decided to go to a completely new lens mount when they went to AF, so their old manual focus glass is now homeless unless you still shoot film or use a micro-4/3 camera with an adapter.

Granted, most newbie SLR users won't want to mess with MF lenses (though they're generally awesome and lots of fun to learn to use), but if you get deeper into photography it's a great luxury to have.
Shinty is a mad sport. For those unaware of this fine Highland sport..it's like Hockey expect there less rules, even saw them head the ball even when it's in full flight, nuts the lot of them.

Is that using a baseball?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Is that using a baseball?

Not quite,

This is what is generally used in league games which is a split leather ball and is softer than a baseball. In Championship matches they go back to traditional methods and use 100% cow hide leather but they tend to fall apart if the weather is poor...and since it's Scotland it rains......all the time.
thanks for the advice, i think im going for Nikon
looking into to the d300 atm
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Shinty is a mad sport. For those unaware of this fine Highland sport..it's like Hockey expect there less rules, even saw them head the ball even when it's in full flight, nuts the lot of them.

Yeah, that is definitely a high stick penalty, hehehe.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG