The online racing simulator
Finally got two of my images approved in the Pentax photogallery. (PPG)
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/taaviliivo

And I have eight images in the voting stage, maybe some of them can get through as well.

An old stable

Slam dunk

Sunroot

Misty stone

Lactarius

Frosty morning

Apple tree

Moonrise
Some of those are really nice, Taavi. You're improving all the time.

edit: love that first PPG shot, too.
Some random stuff from my walks during the past weeks.

Spotted him through the crowd on the street and managed to get couple of frames of him and the yellow wall.

Shinty again, starting to understand it a bit better. I can now confirm that more or less anything goes. A bit different from my other set, gone for tighter cropping, also a bit more of a physical game which meant I got more of these contact shots.

I love my new lens...I fear this may get a tad pricey down the line

Great stuff, Mackie.

Hella purple fringing in #4, though.

battery grip is SOOOOOOOOOOO cool!

"Because it's cool"
n1 Tomba!

Some recent stuff:

DWB, the screaming lady is great! I've wondered is the daylight really so different where you live, it always looks much more pleasant than here in the North. My astronomy or whatever isn't great so I dunno lol if it's just an illusion... or more likely because you are great with the lens pointin', shutter squeezin' stuff.
A couple shots from a recent endurance race in Lithuania. The "Omnitel 1000 km race". Some Belgians won it with the Bimmer, Lithuanians took a close second with the Porsche (a minute and a half close) and guys from Poland took third with the Ferrari

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marsaz/sets/72157624549396604/ <- some more
nice :-)
Quote from spankmeyer :DWB, the screaming lady is great! I've wondered is the daylight really so different where you live, it always looks much more pleasant than here in the North. My astronomy or whatever isn't great so I dunno lol if it's just an illusion... or more likely because you are great with the lens pointin', shutter squeezin' stuff.

Thanks, Mikko.

The light really is great out here, and it's basically ever-present.

(That's my mom.)
Quote from marsaz :A couple shots from a recent endurance race in Lithuania. The "Omnitel 1000 km race". Some Belgians won it with the Bimmer, Lithuanians took a close second with the Porsche (a minute and a half close) and guys from Poland took third with the Ferrari

I suppose you have done some post processing with the images, if you have could you tell me what you've done with the first one? love it.
Looks like they're just slightly overexposed and desaturated...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Looks like they're just slightly overexposed and desaturated...

Everyone with their own style
I for one like macro photos...

Click pics for original file

All photos were taken on very low light conditions, specially the last two. Taken with Nokia N95.

More photos here.
Shot from tonight:

Original:

Edited (worse I think):

15 second exposure + hand torch to illuminate the rest of the car.

Could work well with a proper light I think...
the exposure was good, but you moved the torch, which ruined it

also when i take photos, i always fail at the apeture

always too dark , but if i ajust it will be too bright..any tips

i take mainly black and white
Quote from logitekg25 :also when i take photos, i always fail at the apeture

always too dark , but if i ajust it will be too bright..any tips

My tip, pay attention to the light meter reading and the histogram.

Reading center or 0 on the light meter display doesn't always mean the exposure is what you want. Understand your camera and what the result would be across the meter display readings. 9 times out of 10, I set my camera up to read -2/3 exposure on the meter display (manual) or set -2/3 exposure compensation (aperture or shutter priority.)

i have no ideea what the light meter and histogram is

i decide how bright the brightest point in my shot is, and pull a random number out of my head on how high it should be

it is usually just a fair bit dark, it usually stays about the same amount of too dark

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG