The online racing simulator
I think the crop's perfect myself.

Nice model.
Quote from Spangler_CZE :Higher resolution on my flickr photostream

Actually, it's not. There is no "all sizes" on your Flickr.

I agree with DWB, I like the crop also.
Hey i have a Cannon 1000D with an extra 300m lens. Im a serious beginner at cameras and taking propper shots. Im used to the basic digital camera stuff.

I bought the camera for the Melbourne GP, and i just purely enjoyed taking shots trying to get the best angles, best views and best shots. Im pretty damn hopeless with shots.

Does anyone know where i can get tips on how to use the camera in depth with all options. most of the time im on full auto option.

Ive just been looking at quite afew shots, well done to the lot of ya, they are really great stuff!

tryed uploading, didnt want to work. Ill try again later with some pictures.

Quote from mrodgers :Actually, it's not. There is no "all sizes" on your Flickr

Maybe you have to be a contact?

I dunno, not used to dealing with Flickr.
Quote from aoun :Hey i have a Cannon 1000D with an extra 300m lens. Im a serious beginner at cameras and taking propper shots. Im used to the basic digital camera stuff.

I bought the camera for the Melbourne GP, and i just purely enjoyed taking shots trying to get the best angles, best views and best shots. Im pretty damn hopeless with shots.

Does anyone know where i can get tips on how to use the camera in depth with all options. most of the time im on full auto option.

Ive just been looking at quite afew shots, well done to the lot of ya, they are really great stuff!

tryed uploading, didnt want to work. Ill try again later with some pictures.

Haven't really looked too close at it, but here's a basic rundown of the camera settings and what they do: http://www.digital-cameras-help.com/photography.html
Time to showoff a bit, and crash your DSLR party.
And I must already apologize, i have a thing for sunsets, waterscapes and long exposures.

wonky panorama with slight stitching errors :P
http://img3.imagebanana.com/im ... fter_hours_by_FuseEST.jpg

macro. slight post-processing.
http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/yamb5nvs/so1.jpg

Now I was pretty surprised to get a shot like this. Looks dramatic though. Minor post-processing, if at all, can't remember. 1/500s, F/2,8
http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/nwuwamhl/so2.jpg

slight post-processing.
http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/yhaeumsu/so3.jpg

I really like this one, between Hattorf am Harz and Northeim in Niedersachsen ^^ . F2/8, 8s shutter
http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/0h3ts0it/so4.jpg

All that with Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz5/
Sun was shining - decided to go out and do some Backyard Exploration! :detective
Nikon D40 - Nikkor 18-200mm - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.1

I'm still a beginner but the only way to learn is to shoot and experiment, so I do. A lot!
Attached images
Backyard Explorer-1.jpg
Backyard Explorer-2.jpg
Backyard Explorer-3.jpg
Backyard Explorer-4.jpg
Backyard Explorer-5.jpg
Backyard Explorer-6.jpg
Backyard Explorer-7.jpg
Backyard Explorer-8.jpg
Quote from aoun :Does anyone know where i can get tips on how to use the camera in depth with all options. most of the time im on full auto option.

Also, I posted for someone else a few pages ago.....

Quote :Shortcourses - Very good.

Digital Camera Help - They either changed this, or it's the wrong site. This isn't what I was looking for...

Beyond that, if you want some reading material for the next year, check out the list of links I created. I haven't even finished organizing them yet... Here

I just counted in the link to my photography links list, there's 90+ sites listed of various stuff. Lots of good reading and info.
Dang it, why every time I post in response to someone else, I end up being the next one to post again when I get some photos done....

DWB tossed up the bee shot, so I had to head outside to the apple trees....

Best I could do with the bee. They won't stay still long enough for me to get the shot.

And some more obligatory apple blossoms since they are blooming. I liked the way the sun was filtering down through onto these two.

Dandelions are underrated. They can be beautiful.

Spent all summer last year stripping the paint off my cedar siding. Still have more to do as soon as the rain stops.

And of course, Amy the yellow Lab again, amidst the fallen petals.

Really nice detail on the second blossom shot, Mike.
I'm going to sell my bike, so i've taken a few pics of it yesterday. Shot with a Nikon D80 and an 18-200mm lens.
Attached images
harley03.jpg
harley04.jpg
harley07.jpg
harley09.jpg
Love the middle two. Really nice DOF.
Thanks!

I used automatic mode...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Really nice detail on the second blossom shot, Mike.

Thx, DWB (always forget the real name....)

The 800px resize doesn't do it justice. I was pleasantly surprised with that one and the dandelion once I got them to the computer. I'm real happy with those both sitting at desktop resolution.

Part of it is PP. I reworked my processing steps as I was losing quite a lot of detail in the finished image previously. I have quite a few of the kids shots from the past winter to rework now as that was mostly shots I lost a good bit of detail with PP.
Picked up a Minolta X-700 today at a yard sale for $6, with a Minolta Rokkor-X 50mm f/1.7 included.

The camera had clearly sat for some time unprotected in a garage or something, but while the lens was majorly gunked up on the front element and the body exterior needed some scrubbing, miraculously the interior was absolutely clean. Did a little detail cleaning with some Eclipse and some lens cleaning cloths/q-tips. A few minutes' work and it's almost like new.

Does seem like it needs a new mirror bumper and probably new light seals (we'll see when I get the first roll developed), but that's to be expected for an older camera, I suppose.

Most shockingly, the batteries appear to be working just fine, metering and shutter speeds seem right. So I loaded a roll and have been playing with it all day. It seems pretty comparable to my Super Program. What a catch!
@ STROBE.. gorgeous shot!

@DWB.. you're possibly the only person I know, right now, who's embracing film over digital! I think if I had a more disposable income, I'd probably become a Nikon/Nikkor collector. I'd definitely set up a darkroom.
Quote from SamH :@ STROBE.. gorgeous shot!

@DWB.. you're possibly the only person I know, right now, who's embracing film over digital! I think if I had a more disposable income, I'd probably become a Nikon/Nikkor collector. I'd definitely set up a darkroom.

I dunno about over digital, but I'm definitely trying to do both.

I just wish I could afford a really good film scanner. :S
I have an Epson 2580 scanner. It's nowhere near as good as a Minolta or Nikon film scanner, but its optical resolution is definitely adequate for my crap
The Gumball Rally 2009 came through Santa Fe this past Monday. I got some shots with the K20D and my various DA Ltd lenses and the DA 55-300mm.

Tried a new processing method with these--gives a sort of punchy, vivid, oversaturated look you sometimes get with old film negatives. Not sure what I think yet.

#1 (DA 55-300mm @ 150mm, f/8)

#2 (DA 55-300mm @ 260mm, f/8)

#3 (DA 55-300mm @ 170mm, f/8)

#4 (DA 55-300mm @ 150mm, f/8)

#5 (DA 55-300mm @ 62.5mm, f/8)

#6 (DA 55-300mm @ 170mm, f/8)

#7 (DA 55-300mm @ 170mm, f/8)

#8 (DA 70mm, f/4)

#9 (DA 70mm, f/2.8)

#10 (DA 70mm, f/4)

#11 (DA 70mm, f/4)

#12 (DA 35mm, f/2.8)

#13 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#14 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#15 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#16 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#17 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#18 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#19 (DA 40mm, f/3.5)

#20 (DA 40mm, f/2.8)
Took a pic on my compact(super-zoom) cam. It is an Olympus SP-560uz. 1/200sec f/5.6 ISO 50.
Three portraits of my friend Jared. I think he's got an interesting face.

(DA 70mm Ltd.)

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG