The online racing simulator
Quote from Scrabby :I need some help =(

With every picture I take i have a black spot. Is it dust on the inner of my body? I've cleaned and changed lenses (with special cleaning tissues) and it stays. I'm not gonna take those tissues to clean the inner as i don't want to brake anything!

http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... PyroFish1337/DSC_0596.jpg

What you need is one of these:

Its just a little blower that lifts the dust off the surface of your sensor. That spot does look quite like a large dust spot - although I've never really seen a blurry one. The blower's are only £10 or less - so even if that doesn't fix it then you've got one for the future.
That's a great big lump of dirt on your sensor, not a lens. It's big.

I forgot what camera you have but I'm assuming it doesn't self-clean. You prolly would be able to shift something that big with some compressed air, sprayed into the cavity - not directly onto the sensor though. Don't blow.. you'll spit, and that won't help.

Back in the days of film, dust was much less of a problem. The only thing to fear was beach photography and getting sand on the sliding area of the film at the back of the camera because that would scrape and score the film. When you took a photo, the film advanced and it was a fresh, clean surface. Now with digital, the sensor replaces the film but it doesn't go anywhere.. so it's there, able to accumulate dust and dirt every time you remove a lens and let dirty air into the body. That's what's happened to you.

[edit] slooowwwwwww typing
Yeah, those rocket blowers are the way to go.

Don't use compressed air, whatever you do.
Never handled the Pentax DSLRS but at least they seem to bring something new to the low-end mark.
I'd say the K7 is aimed square at the D300. Should be an interesting fight.
I started with a Pentax film camera. Fond memories.
Still have a film Pentax in my closet too. Should pull it out some day and relive my youth. Hahahaha
Quote from Toddshooter :I started with a Pentax film camera. Fond memories.
Still have a film Pentax in my closet too. Should pull it out some day and relive my youth. Hahahaha

If you decide not to, let me know what lenses you've got. I might wanna buy.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If you decide not to, let me know what lenses you've got. I might wanna buy.

I've got a "ME Super" camera, and a couple of lenses.

-pentax 1:2 50mm
-Takumar bayonet zoom 1:4.5 80-200mm

I'll let you know if I decide to sell.
Quote from Toddshooter :I've got a "ME Super" camera, and a couple of lenses.

-pentax 1:2 50mm
-Takumar bayonet zoom 1:4.5 80-200mm

I'll let you know if I decide to sell.

Got the first two already, and the other is no great shakes.

Thanks though.

(Depending on the condition of the Super I might take it anyway. The meter on mine may or may not be dying.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Got the first two already, and the other is no great shakes.

Thanks though.

(Depending on the condition of the Super I might take it anyway. The meter on mine may or may not be dying.)

Hehehe thats OK "it" likes it in my closet
Some shots from a local rally sprint event. Nikon D60, first two are with Sigma APO DG 70-300 (plus ghetto plastic bag rain protector) and the last two with the kit Nikon 18-55.

One of the few shots not blocked by a huge tree or a post. Also a lovely car.

The place sucked, and this was the the most luckiest shot ever through the trees and bushes.

Second run, new place

These old Starlets were plenty.
Last one is quite nice.
here is one i took a while ago of my grandads thames 400e

i wish i had noticed that the far end of the badge was blured on the camera as i would have gone up a couple of stops on the f number
My first attempt at a panorama...stitched together from 5 shots of the Oxford skyline!

original was 7955*1832...but obviously had to resize it to get it up here!
Attached images
Oxford Skyline-sm.jpg
Too busy golfin', no tiem for pics!

Photography N3wb alert

I'm looking for a new camera, and also looking from some advice from the professionals

I'm leaning towards Sony, simply because my existing camera and video camera are both Sony, and have been excellent. My 4 or 5 year old compact camera is still going strong, with nothing of any significance wrong with it - I just want to get something a bit more advanced

Do you think THIS is good value for money. It's a rip at £529, but Dell Business can do it including VAT and Shipping for £416 . I've read a few reviews and this seems to be a good camera. I was also drawn to it because it was the highest rated in the £350-500 range in a list of 2309230* DSLRs

Is there anything else that you know of that I should consider around this price range (preferably (but maybe just over) £450 max), and lens included? I don't wanna buy the lens seperately if I can avoid it, because I'll probably have to spend ages deciding which lens I want and then end up spending a lot more than I indended to.

*2309230 may be equal to 10
Nikon and Canon have the best new lens selection. They are the easiest to aquire as well at least where I am (I don't even know where I would buy a Sony or other around here...) But, Sony bought out Minolta and it will mount any old Minolta lenses you could find on the used marken, as far as I know.

My own personal view which has nothing really to do with specifically Sony dSLR cameras is, I will never buy another Sony product after my experiences with their audio equipment. I still have my 1991 trunk mount CD 10-disc changer that still works flawlessly, but every other Sony product I've purchased or used has been garbage (several portable radios, expensive auto head unit, personal CD players, and a single digital P&S camera.) I now boycott Sony and it doesn't matter what others will say, I won't ever buy again.
tbh it depends what you are after, if you dont mind a limited new lens range (im sure mrodgers is correct about the sony/minolta bit though and alot of other minor manafacturers have older lens compatability wereas the larer makes tent to need adapters etc) then an 'other' make dslr is fine. wheather it be sony, olympus, pentax etc but if your are after a wide range of lenses it best to go for somehting like a canon or nikon, both makes are good, some swear by nikon some swear by canon and tbh there is not much in it.

as far as reviews go give dpreview.com a look, in my opinion there are the best review site about. on the canon front have a look at the 450d or the 1000d, the 450d especially is bound to reduce on price soon as the 500d is soon to be released although they are in hugley different price brackets

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG