The online racing simulator
Lovely portraits - he does have an interesting face and you've captured the detail wonderfully. In the last one I'd prefer to have a touch more depth of field - it's nicely focussed but the thin plane of focus is a bit distracting. Still great though.

Like the gumball shots too. The processing you used works really well on most of them, giving them a very vivid look - which let's face it, is what you want for photos of occasions like that.

@ Sam, earlier: cheers. It's from Beadnell on the Northumbrian coast. I just need to work out why exporting it to jpg with sRGB colour profile is losing so much richness in colour (especially greens) compared to the on-screen version within Lightroom - never noticed that happening before. :/
Lemme guess, Jared loves to travel to distant spots around the globe and often meets extreme weather? His face comes across as a testimony to such a lifestyle.
Sorta.

He lives in Idaho for much of the year, which is a pretty extreme weather place. And yeah, he's been around.
Saw this interesting competition on my favourite photo site.....

TWINS
Panorama made of 3 pics.(photobucket made it smaller and less detail a bit) Tell me what you think guys.
Well, the subject matter isn't very interesting, but the stitching is well done. It's a good exercise, I guess.
I did a stitch of a scene yesterday. Attached is the result, resized to 15% scale (original stitch=18043px x 2828px).

Stitches rarely seem to capture the majesty of the moment, when I do 'em - it's kinda frustrating. When I was taking the photos, I was positively in awe of the scene, which is a limestone outcrop in the Yorkshire Dales above Settle.

I guess it goes to show that you can capture the scene with a camera, but it just takes something else (luck? Magic? Skill?) to really capture the moment.
Attached images
Settle_Airton_Panorama_15pc.jpg
Quote from STROBE :I just need to work out why exporting it to jpg with sRGB colour profile is losing so much richness in colour (especially greens) compared to the on-screen version within Lightroom - never noticed that happening before. :/

It happens because Lightroom works internally in Prophoto colour space and without any softproofing options so you can only crap your image out as SRGB and see how it turned out.

Camera RAW image data converted by ACR - or using AdobeRGB with in-camera-JPGs - will most of time contain more colour information than is possible to display with a regular monitor or that fits in sRGB's gamut.

Some scenes might contain more out-of-gamut colours (deep reds, deep blue skies etc.) and since you can't really force people to view them with a good image software that understands ICC profiling correctly and displays that get close to full AdobeRGB gamut you are just out of luck just like everybody else.
A slightly o/t question for all you camera buffs out there...I have been offered a Canon EOS 300D in excellent condition complete with manual, 18/55 lens, battery holding grip thingy, and a few other associated bits for £200...I see that the cheapest USED one on Amazon is £275....
Would this be a reasonable deal, or would I be better off paying lots more money for a newer model?
Quote from Bladerunner :A slightly o/t question for all you camera buffs out there...I have been offered a Canon EOS 300D in excellent condition complete with manual, 18/55 lens, battery holding grip thingy, and a few other associated bits for £200...I see that the cheapest USED one on Amazon is £275....
Would this be a reasonable deal, or would I be better off paying lots more money for a newer model?

That's a good deal considering it includes the grip and lens, if you want to go Canon.

You might want to ask the person how many shutter actuations it has, though.
I use a 350D - the model up from the 300, I bought this with the kit lens and all the accessories for about £300 - about 2 & half years ago.

There are much better camera's around for £200 I reckon - shopping around on ebay and doing a lot of research (as in reading lots of reviews from lots of different sites) will get you the best deal, I guess the devs don't mind if I post a link to some photography sites - but if that's against the rules let me know please!

Its also worth posting on the forums of CameraLabs - they're very newbie friendly.

http://www.cameralabs.com/
http://www.dpreview.com/

EDIT: Considering that includes the grip too that's quite a good deal, the grip's are around £80 new as long as its an official canon one.
Quote from SamH :I guess it goes to show that you can capture the scene with a camera, but it just takes something else (luck? Magic? Skill?) to really capture the moment.

I like the pic Sam! Your comment is spot on though. I find this myself lots of the time too.
Quote from SamH :I did a stitch of a scene yesterday. Attached is the result, resized to 15% scale (original stitch=18043px x 2828px).

Stitches rarely seem to capture the majesty of the moment, when I do 'em - it's kinda frustrating. When I was taking the photos, I was positively in awe of the scene, which is a limestone outcrop in the Yorkshire Dales above Settle.

I guess it goes to show that you can capture the scene with a camera, but it just takes something else (luck? Magic? Skill?) to really capture the moment.

This may sound silly, but how the hell do you do that? :P
Quote from Alex_Ward :This may sound silly, but how the hell do you do that? :P

Set up on a tripod, manual settings, manual focus (or at least focus then turn on manual to keep same), take a shot, rotate camera with overlap in the frame, take a shot.... rinse and repeat for as many shots as you want. Settings stay the same to keep the same exposure, focus stays the same to keep the same focus distance. Might want to set the white balance too so it doesn't change shot to shot.

Many programs out there to stitch them together.
Quote from mrodgers :Set up on a tripod, manual settings, manual focus (or at least focus then turn on manual to keep same), take a shot, turn with overlap, take a shot.... rinse and repeat for as many shots as you want.

Many programs out there to stitch them together.

Gonna need a tripod then :P Thanks
My recent photos
I'm gonna post my photographies here too I use Canon A560...

The first one has got adjusted colors a bit.
Attached images
mercedes_e220.jpg
lebaron.jpg
ice_hand.jpg
Dandelions_in_Sumava_mountains.jpg
Sunrise_in_the_mountains.jpg
Some stuff shot in the last few weeks.

Apple blossoms not quite there yet (today).

This bird had a solid friend.

Nice teeth.

This one was just hanging outside for a while.

Buzzzz, or what do they say in English?
OK...I took the plunge and bought that 300D I mentioned earlier...here are my first attempts with it ...Criticism/tips welcome for a n00b snapper!
Attached images
1924 Bullnose Morris.JPG
Oxford Canal.JPG
A started noob myself, but I'd say that the canal picture needs some added contrast to get rid of that grayish haze which is not that pleasant to look at.
since you mentioned the RAW/Lightroom problem, here is another one I'm having:

When I import my RAWs to Lightroom (shot in sRGB, Lightroom set to work in sRGB), the reds are so wrong, they are more like orange. I heard it doesn't happen in other RAW processing programs, so perhaps the ACR in Lightroom is wrong?

http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/raw_vs_jpg/raw_vs_jpg_1.jpg
http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/raw_vs_jpg/raw_vs_jpg_2.jpg
(comparsion of JPG as came from camera VS. untouched raw, just converted to jpg)

I tried searching about this problem without any result... Nowadays it doesn't really bug me, since I know how to fix it, but from the beginning it was quite frustrating - I was scared to shoot ONLY to RAW, because I knew I couldn't get the colors right later.
Quote from Don :since you mentioned the RAW/Lightroom problem, here is another one I'm having:

When I import my RAWs to Lightroom (shot in sRGB, Lightroom set to work in sRGB), the reds are so wrong, they are more like orange. I heard it doesn't happen in other RAW processing programs, so perhaps the ACR in Lightroom is wrong?

http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/raw_vs_jpg/raw_vs_jpg_1.jpg
http://don.vn.cz/temp/repo/raw_vs_jpg/raw_vs_jpg_2.jpg
(comparsion of JPG as came from camera VS. untouched raw, just converted to jpg)

I tried searching about this problem without any result... Nowadays it doesn't really bug me, since I know how to fix it, but from the beginning it was quite frustrating - I was scared to shoot ONLY to RAW, because I knew I couldn't get the colors right later.

Couple of things.

Lightroom works under ProPhoto RGB profile and you cannot change it and like I mentioned, no softproof options either. I'm hoping you're smart enough not to use sRGB as your monitor profile and have a hardware colorimeter calibrator.

RAW files are not colour managed. If you set your camera profile to sRGB or AdobeRGB, only in the in-camera JPGs and camera-rendered RAW previews are colour managed to your selected profile. Once you import RAWs to Lightroom, LR discards the in-camera previews (and lots of other data too) and creates its own preview based on ACR conversion and your chosen develope settings.

The last paragraph contains the reasons why you see the infamous colour shift when you process RAW files in LR or Bridge. Same thing happens in Aperture and any other 3rd party RAW conversion software.

They are all equally good/bad at guessing what the image should look like since only the camera manufacturer knows all the details about their own RAW format and do not disclose all the details to 3rd party software developers.

EDIT: Earlier I went through and tried probably all RAW converters there was and Lightroom had the best workflow with the rest of the Adobe suite that I use daily at work. Nikon's CaptureNX2 draws the RAWs beautifully but since the workflow and app itself are nightmares to use and LR gets 95% correct straight away after making custom conversion settings (update your ACR for latest imitation camera profiles), I'm happy.
color profiles have always been too difficult for me to understand. I`ll just stick with what i know and works for me

anyway, here are few photos of toyota celica
http://don.vn.cz/photos/celica/

black car + direct "sharp" sun = hell for photographing...and i dont like the post processing on few photos there, but i realised it after it was done...
I haven't posted here in a while, there has been some nice additions to this thread, and more great stuff from the same guys.

I put down the digital the past week. And gave kodak bw400cn a shot on an old camera.

It was actually my dads, and it took pictures of me as a baby, so he gave it to me to take pictures of my upcoming twins.

It's a Minolta XG-1n cr. 1982. And it is a blast. Much more work than digital, but more rewarding to me and more fun. Here are a couple shots.
Attached images
walnut001.jpg
walnut004.jpg
walnut008.jpg
walnut006.jpg
I need some help =(

With every picture I take i have a black spot. Is it dust on the inner of my body? I've cleaned and changed lenses (with special cleaning tissues) and it stays. I'm not gonna take those tissues to clean the inner as i don't want to brake anything!

http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... PyroFish1337/DSC_0596.jpg

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG