The online racing simulator
Did the tractor come?
Quote from zeugnimod :Did the tractor come?

dunno, they would have to wait for the stage to end anyway and we left before that, when the rain got uber strong...
Copypaste@flickr

Well, Im in France right now, writing from OOPS! hostel (which is great). This is the only one shot Ive got during 2 days in Paris...what a shame

Nice clouds, but it will be better to watch out for the f*cking birds flying around and wasting all my photos next time You can find one stupid pigeon right in the middle of the Sacre-Coeur Basilic. Thanks mate!

bigger here

@DeadWolfBones: What lens did you use for the plant and dog eye photo? Looks really great
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
What you lookin' at, dawg?
A few from the past couple days.

All shot on a Minolta X-700, Kodak bw400cn
Quote from MattxMosh :A few from the past couple days. All shot on a Minolta X-700, Kodak bw400cn

Nice! I'm looking forward to getting my first roll from my $6 X-700 developed soon.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nice! I'm looking forward to getting my first roll from my $6 X-700 developed soon.

Thanks!

Nice deal on that, I payed $19 for this one,which is still a steal. Got all the manuals, box, strap, flash, case for the flash etc. Caught it at an estate sale.

They are great cameras, I don't like it as much as my older XG-1's and 7's though. Mostly because of the feel. I use it more though, it is essentially brand new, no little weird quirks and jimmying with switches like the others.
great pics as useual don, ill hopefully have some more karting ones coming as there is another event tommorow night
some shots from the last few weeks. I am having trouble getting the focus right. manual focus is foul on my Fuji any tips?

Buzzard (i think) in Wales

Little hoverfly on some Rosemary

bug on hammock
[IMG[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/ricco668/2009_0603garden0011.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

me pulling a strange face and with some bizarre lighting
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/ricco668/2009_0603garden0018.jpg[/IMG]

Unedited fire, it really did look that cool.
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/ricco668/camping6.jpg[/IMG]

Finally trees. Used my sunglasses ase a lense filter here.
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/ricco668/camping27.jpg[/IMG]
I see you boys have improved

I'm spending my summer working the whole time, I'm saving up and hopefully going to buy a Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, but now that I just got my first car, I don't know how well that plan will work anymore seeing that is an expensive lens, who knows!
Quote from rich uk :Buzzard (i think) in Wales

That, my friend, is the magnificent Red Kite

[edit] oops.. and bloody nice photos, too. I really like the one of the trees
ahh, there were four or five of them all around (mainly at abou 40 kazilion ft above us) they are magnificent to watch. Thanks btw
No sweat! If you saw a bunch of them, then I'm guessing you were in the Brecon Beacons, somewhere not too far from Llanddeusant. There's a red kite feeding station there

[edit] http://www.redkiteswales.co.uk/
XC, nice to hear from ya! Don't know if you hang out in any other sections as I don't anymore, so haven't "seen" ya round these parts lately.

The bird shot brings about a bad story from me.

Sunday, I'm outside with the kids. There's 2 things that are common around me that have eluded me every time with the camera. That is the hawks (they are everywhere) and LifeFlight medical helicopter. LifeFlight flies over my house all the time as the road on the other side of the field is the main path it takes from out north into town where the hospital is. Both it and the hawks, I am never ready with the camera when I see them.

So, we are out in the yard on Sunday and a hawk circles around very low. Low that it appeared I could have reached up and grabbed it from the sky. By the time I go in just to the kitchen to grab the camera, the hawk of course is gone as always.

Monday evening, we are out in the yard again. This time, I bring the camera out with me. I have it sitting on top of the garbage can, settings all ready for anything that comes over in the sky, be it hawk or helicopter. Do I see any on Monday evening? Nope.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning. I get up, do the morning thing, and am heading out to work. I let the dog out the back door in the mornings and it's pouring down rain. Looks like it rained all night. I turn around after grabbing the dog some food, and what do I see? Yup, there my camera sits on top of the garbage can in the pouring down rain!

I took the batteries out and the mem. card and left those open and hung it up inside. That was Tuesday morning. It's still hanging up, now in the basement because I have the dehumidifier kicking pretty good and it's pretty dry down there (the air is really dry right now.) It's now Thursday and I haven't tried it out yet.

Drum roll please.............

...... and everything appears to be in working order! Whew!

Got a little worried for a moment because it didn't do anything when hitting the shutter. Then the battery indicator came up, which it is very slow to focus on low batteries. I don't have an actual battery meter, it just pops up a red battery icon when they are dying, which means you have about 2 shots before the camera shuts off. I still need to get some stinkin backup batteries. I never know when they are going dead until they are just about dead. Keep forgetting when I'm at the store. It only takes 4 AA, which are $5 for my favorite brand of AA NiMH. Dirt cheap.
Quote from SamH :No sweat! If you saw a bunch of them, then I'm guessing you were in the Brecon Beacons, somewhere not too far from Llanddeusant

Was over 100 km north. I'm guessing they don't go this far when food is near by. Was a lovely secluded little valley and some glorious thermals they were riding. would be great to take a glider there. I'll have to get some photos of the gliders near me (Lasham airfield) one of the best glider spots in the south. thankfully my house is abou 4 miles from the runway and i often enjoy watching the mad ones loop the loop .

http://www.lasham.org.uk

Lucky mrodgers! well not really as you did leave it out but least it still works!
Yea i'm not around really with college, work, my new car I got three days ago really isn't helping because I've spent more time with that this week and haven't made .. but like.. $25 this week which isn't good.

I'm just not around, I don't have my desktop computer because it got hit by lightning, still have my wheel and setup though (but now I have a real manual car )

I'm just waiting for the Scirocco to come out.. been long enough already!

Anyways back on topic, I would be scared if I saw my camera sitting ontop of something out in the rain, slightly. Earlier this spring we had severe weather down in Valdosta and I mean when I say severe, I mean like a few tornadoes passed around the campus several times that week, anyways I wanted to get some lightning shots which I failed at miserably just because I was in a place where the view was limited between buildings.

Anyways so I had my camera, tripod, was using my remote.. anyways the rain is starting to get insane, the wind picks up, knocks the camera over or at least is about to but I'm standing behind it, it turns into like a monsoon and I get soaked, the camera is .. nowhere on it is dry, people are looking at me some girl is like IS IT OKAY?!?! I was sitting there just laughing I was like.. I haven't tested it, but I'm sure my camera is far more water proof than that

'bout that time the wind just got worse and worse so I finally packed up and went back into my room and stuck on camera on the AC for a few minutes and got it all dried up.. still nothing wrong with it.

I do have something iffy going on with the firmware which I can't figure out.. owell, eventually I'm going to upgrade to a D300 I suppose.. when I can afford it at least
taken on a 7.1 mp Olympus lol

doesn't that thing has a macro function?
lol im just about to go out to this karting event im shooting this evening and its bit dreary and has been raining and drizzling on and off today so i hope it done rain too much becuse the 450d aint o ringed or anything. i cant even use the stick the camera in a plastic bag, cut a whole in it and elastic ban it to the end of the lens trick becasue my lens' front element rotates on focus, grr if only i had the money for a proper lens lol
Quote from james12s :lol im just about to go out to this karting event im shooting this evening and its bit dreary and has been raining and drizzling on and off today so i hope it done rain too much becuse the 450d aint o ringed or anything. i cant even use the stick the camera in a plastic bag, cut a whole in it and elastic ban it to the end of the lens trick becasue my lens' front element rotates on focus, grr if only i had the money for a proper lens lol

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG