The online racing simulator
Found a shop (not online) that is selling the Sony 70-200/2.8 G SSM for £250 less than the online prices. Nnngh, can't decide whether to go for it. I don't actually need it, and it's still expensive, but... well, we all want a 70-200/2.8, don't we?
Forgot to mention the Tamron is widely held to be sharper at all focal lengths, especially wide open, but the build quality isn't as nice and it's screwdrive instead of HSM. Also apparently some have problems with sticking apertures.
Some lightroom fun.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Forgot to mention the Tamron is widely held to be sharper at all focal lengths, especially wide open, but the build quality isn't as nice and it's screwdrive instead of HSM. Also apparently some have problems with sticking apertures.

Thanks for the report DWB.
As i stated earlier,the version i am looking for is,i think,the earliest:

But,as i am writing now i can't find any 70-200 by sigma on the forums i usually look onto.
Damn,i really had to take that deal back in May,shit.
The 55-250 IS is a good budget lens,has IS and a pretty good image quality.At 135mm is really good but suffers a lot of definition loss at the longer end,especially wide open when it shows all its "crappy features".
The fact is i'm really on a budget,400€ as a top isn't that much.
What's more,Sigma's unreliability is stalking as soon as you buy one of their lenses.
I know the Tamron is sharper,and in fact i wanted to buy it at first.
Then i thought about the plastic construction(not a big issue,to be honest) but mostly of all i thought about the AF which,especially on Canon,since it has to be motorized,makes a hell of a noise and looks very slow.
Nikon,Pentax and Sony versions are better,definately.
Im ****ed,i know
I've even found a 50-150 2.8 Sigma being sold now for 300€.
Then i read the review on the-digital-picture and...forgot about it
delete pls.
that last pic is amazing
Cheap TTL triggers now available for Nikon:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/s ... #comment72157622949581760
A user is writing a short review about them,they don't look bad for being chinese stuff.
Also,note that FP mode and Hyper Sync should be possible
Im expecting more cheapo stuff companies to make their own version and put them on sale in a while.
Looks like the "just-trigger" era is verging to an end.
Oh,these stuff should also be available for Canon by the beginning of 2010.
7 more with the Bokina...

Love this lens. These were taken with my girlfriend's K100D while I was waiting for my K-7 to arrive.

It was basically the last gasp of autumn:

Did I post any shots from my day in Whitby? I don't think I did, but if so, apologies for any repeats..

Attached images
DSC_8518.jpg
DSC_8468.jpg
DSC_8535.jpg
Quote from SamH :Did I post any shots from my day in Whitby? I don't think I did, but if so, apologies for any repeats..

No, I don't believe you had, but I've been there a couple of times this year and it's nice to see someone else's photographic take on the place.
Some more recent stuff:

your pictures are always great!

you should sell them
Came across a garage full of beautifull oldtimers which were all in great shape, during a photography excorsice for school. Had to make a few photo's.
Attached images
DSC_0974nr2.jpg
DSC_0993nr2.jpg
DSC_0998nr3.jpg
A couple of recent-ish ones I don't think I've posted.

Attached images
DSC_8148.jpg
DSC_8729.jpg
Reuters recently choose 100 photo's from the last decade...some of them quite stunning. Warning there may be some images which may be of a disturbing nature (if this is notallowed, I'm sure a mod will act swiftly).

Part 1: 2000 - 2005

Part 2: 2005 - 2009

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG