The online racing simulator
Ok, so I bought a camera and have been taking some pictures. Just testing and learning how this thing works. I'd be interested in some feedback on what I'm doing wrong (or right, if any). Here's a few shots:

And, of course, the cat...

The rest is here. Thanks!
lolwat that ant is so tiny
not my camera, just found it on the internet...

dude NSFW tags please

What kind of sick bastard does something like that
Quote from Myffe :dude NSFW tags please

What kind of sick bastard does something like that

Could've been accidentally dropped from a helicopter, who knows.

Anyhoo. Not sure if relevant but I'm putting up my very first exhibition on April 16th. Huge prints coming. No money left for the 70-200 VRII this year.
Congrats!

We're gonna need to see photos from the exhibition.

More from Boston trip:

(Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai-s, adapted)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(FA 43/1.9 Limited)

(FA 43/1.9 Limited)

(FA 43/1.9 Limited)

(FA 43/1.9 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited + rudimentary photoshop :P)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(DA 15/4 Limited)

(FA 77/1.8 Limited)

(FA 77/1.8 Limited)

(Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai-s)

(Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai-s)

(DA 18-135 WR)

(DA 18-135 WR)

(DA 18-135 WR)
Gotta say Boston looks beautiful
Brilliant pictures Ben
lol i was just talking to my gf about a boston vacation soon nice !
i thought the same but i didnt want to say anything because maybe its usual in there :-X
Pic done with my new Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5800). Nothing special, but considering it has a 3.15mpix camera - it can take pretty good pics.

Quote from jibber :They put their kid on a leash?! WTF!

Somewhat common in big cities, yeah.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Somewhat common in big cities, yeah.

That's just wrong in my opinion... it's a kid, not a dog. Kids are supposed to learn some stuff by themselves... running around, falling on their nose, loose track of mommy, find her again, blabla. I don't know, to me that picture just screams overprotecting...

Meh, back on topic, sorry for the interruption!
well big cities like boston nyc etc its not a bad idea,day by day adults get killed by cars
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
Quote from jibber :That's just wrong in my opinion... it's a kid, not a dog. Kids are supposed to learn some stuff by themselves... running around, falling on their nose, loose track of mommy, find her again, blabla. I don't know, to me that picture just screams overprotecting...

Meh, back on topic, sorry for the interruption!

Yeah, I understand that opinion. But as e2 said, when you're walking on a sidewalk alongside a busy street, you don't really want your 1-year-old running around wherever he wants.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, I understand that opinion. But as e2 said, when you're walking on a sidewalk alongside a busy street, you don't really want your 1-year-old running around wherever he wants.

Exactly. How are parents suppose to stand around oblivious to their surroundings yaking on their phones while holding said 1 year old's hand like the old days?

Don't know how it is elsewhere, but around me, parents don't pay any attention to their own kids. It is sad. Kids are running around stores knocking things over, breaking things, getting in the way of everyone while mom blindly walks around yaking on her phone. My wife sees it every day working in retail with hundreds of mothers and their kids coming into the store shopping.

Me, we didn't take a step unless daughter's hand was firmly gripped in mine. Pretty simple, but others seem to think either you let them run around everywhere or you put them on a leash like an animal. Either way, you don't have to pay attention to them.

Why some people have kids is beyond me if they are such a chore for them to take care of...
Quote from mrodgers :Exactly. How are parents suppose to stand around oblivious to their surroundings yaking on their phones while holding said 1 year old's hand like the old days?

Don't know how it is elsewhere, but around me, parents don't pay any attention to their own kids. It is sad. Kids are running around stores knocking things over, breaking things, getting in the way of everyone while mom blindly walks around yaking on her phone. My wife sees it every day working in retail with hundreds of mothers and their kids coming into the store shopping.

Me, we didn't take a step unless daughter's hand was firmly gripped in mine. Pretty simple, but others seem to think either you let them run around everywhere or you put them on a leash like an animal. Either way, you don't have to pay attention to them.

Why some people have kids is beyond me if they are such a chore for them to take care of...

I think a lot of people who are anti-leash would just put the kid in a stroller in that kind of situation (the kind where they're doing a lot of walking and don't want to be constantly bent over to hand-hold). Is it better for them to be in a stroller or walking with a tether?

I know these particular parents very well, and they're very good parents. Not too overprotective, not oblivious. I think you're being pretty judgmental if you want to condemn them for using a tether while walking along a busy street. (They don't use it everywhere.)
why are we talking about a kid on leash in photo thread...they are parents, its their desition, i would never do that, as well some of us, but they did and the kid is allright, so pics now :P
+1!

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG