The online racing simulator
heres a pic from a karting event i photographed, same bunch of guys as the previous time but now is much lighter so no need for high iso's or flash.
i was doing alot of panning practise and i think this is one of my best

was using my 450d with a sigma 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 DC attached

pic is resized to allow upload

ill upload some more when i have another sort through

edit: oh and i may be buying the helmet off the second guy (the tomb raider one)
Attached images
IMG_4322.JPG
beeemer
Attached images
IMG_3188.jpg
Migz, after you RTFM, check out these links that I found extremely helpful when I first got into the photography thing a little bit more than just shooting a little autoshooter.....

Shortcourses - Very good.

Digital Camera Help - They either changed this, or it's the wrong site. This isn't what I was looking for...

Beyond that, if you want some reading material for the next year, check out the list of links I created. I haven't even finished organizing them yet... Here

On the photos of the VW, was it sitting in heavy shadow from the buildings? I wonder because of the settings of many of them. I am seeing ISO 400, f/3.5 aperture, and shutter speeds of 1/6 to 1/15. I find that very odd and the only thing I can figure is that the car was sitting in very dark shadow from the surroundings. My camera is not all that capable, but I think I would have been using ISO100, f/3.5, and a much faster shutter speed of 1/200 or so judging by the way these look.

So, finish the RTFM, check out the link above as well, and get that thing out of auto exposure! Having an expensive dSLR and using it as a point and shoot is a crime!

Any questions along the way, do not hesitate at all to post up. Plenty of folks with a lot of knowledge on here. I myself have pretty good grasp of the knowledge, just lack the equipment to put the knowledge to good use.
another one. did a bit of photoshop work, cropped the image and cloned out the rear of a kart from the bottom left corner

edit: i got some good ones but im a bit disapointed i didnt get the ones of em trying to turn each others engines off lol
Attached images
IMG_4103croppedresize.JPG
Got another lens this week. The Pentax DA 40mm Limited. It's so cute!

Anyway, here are some of the first shots I took with it. I think it's a winner:

Aaaaaand some street shots:

(love this guy...)

Be carefull you don't lose that lens
Nice pics anyways
Quote from DeadWolfBones :(love this guy...)

Define love..

Great photos. But that lens, on your camera, must make the thing look fugly!
More:

Couple more shots from the down by the farm.

Who could ask for a better model when she patiently catched the occasionally falling light stand when the weight bags weren't enough to counter the heavy breeze.

really nice pics, i love the first one
Quote from SamH :Define love..

Great photos. But that lens, on your camera, must make the thing look fugly!

Irony! He looks like he's straight outta 1978.

And yeah, it does look slightly goofy, but on the other hand it's great for street photography because it's so unobtrusive (unlike, say, the 55-300mm zoom).
Quote from mrodgers :Migz, after you RTFM, check out these links that I found extremely helpful when I first got into the photography thing a little bit more than just shooting a little autoshooter.....

Shortcourses - Very good.

Digital Camera Help - They either changed this, or it's the wrong site. This isn't what I was looking for...

Beyond that, if you want some reading material for the next year, check out the list of links I created. I haven't even finished organizing them yet... Here

On the photos of the VW, was it sitting in heavy shadow from the buildings? I wonder because of the settings of many of them. I am seeing ISO 400, f/3.5 aperture, and shutter speeds of 1/6 to 1/15. I find that very odd and the only thing I can figure is that the car was sitting in very dark shadow from the surroundings. My camera is not all that capable, but I think I would have been using ISO100, f/3.5, and a much faster shutter speed of 1/200 or so judging by the way these look.

So, finish the RTFM, check out the link above as well, and get that thing out of auto exposure! Having an expensive dSLR and using it as a point and shoot is a crime!

Any questions along the way, do not hesitate at all to post up. Plenty of folks with a lot of knowledge on here. I myself have pretty good grasp of the knowledge, just lack the equipment to put the knowledge to good use.

Ahah, thanks for all the links Ive bookmarked them all.
Ive finished reading the F***ing manual and i understand my camera a bit more. Although i cant really test out anything ive learnt as i dont really have anything to take pictures of.
But in the meantime ill have a look through some of your links
Quote from Migz :Ahah, thanks for all the links Ive bookmarked them all.
Ive finished reading the F***ing manual and i understand my camera a bit more. Although i cant really test out anything ive learnt as i dont really have anything to take pictures of.
But in the meantime ill have a look through some of your links

Jus take pictures of stuff in your house, garden etc.. enough to shoot
Quote from Scrabby :Jus take pictures of stuff in your house, garden etc.. enough to shoot

:/ Dont have a garden, and theres nothing interesting in my house to shoot. But smeh, ill have a try.
Quote from Migz :i dont really have anything to take pictures of.

Ahhh.. that's where you're wrong If you're willing to experiment with abstract stuff, your house is full of stuff you can photograph. Here are some suggestions:
  • keyboard
  • mouse
  • cigarettes/lighter
  • coffee mug
  • TV remote
  • screwdriver
  • headphones
  • CDs
  • shoes
  • spoon...
Eg:
Er.... Sam, could you please replace the picture of your crotch with something else? It's a bit disturbing....
Nice shots DWB, and some awesome weather too
Quote from mrodgers :Er.... Sam, could you please replace the picture of your crotch with something else? It's a bit disturbing....

hehe.. at least I didn't post the "erect" one...
LMAO! No! (I checked!!) it was a stitching fibre!
We all know that Sam is at the age where he has gone bald down there

Oh and thanks for the tip Sam, ive taken a bunch of pictures of random things and im just waiting to install photoshop on this computer.
Oooer.. do you go bald down there when you get older? Maybe I can stop shaving there now, then ......

I don't do nearly enough messing about with my camera in the house. There's no excuse for not getting practice and learning the craft, now that it costs nothing to do! Experimental photography used to cost a piggin' fortune!
Quote from SamH :Oooer.. do you go bald down there when you get older? Maybe I can stop shaving there now, then ......

I don't do nearly enough messing about with my camera in the house. There's no excuse for not getting practice and learning the craft, now that it costs nothing to do! Experimental photography used to cost a piggin' fortune!

Oh that is disgusting! Haha!

Yeah i guess so, back in the olden days it probably did cost quite a bit as you had to buy film everytime you wanted to do anything :/.

Oh and i took 80 photos, and ended up with only 20 after deleting all the shnizz ones :|

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG