The online racing simulator
Quote from majod :still snow?

Snowed about 30 cm on Saturday morning out of nowhere. Goddamn Finland goddamnit.
Quote from Myffe :Thats my routers lights

lol

I'm having one of those times when I wish I would've ordered a laser pointer... I always forget to order it from ThinkGeek.
people people people

Schweet stuff Don

Rest of them can be found here.
Great stuff as usual, Don and Highsider.
REALLY nice photos wow

Darn so many ideas but finnish spring is way too ugly to shoot...Cant wait til summer!
Quote from Myffe :REALLY nice photos wow

Darn so many ideas but finnish spring is way too ugly to shoot...Cant wait til summer!

Go and search for a river, lake, anything like that that has some water in it in any form.. Should come up with something
Quote from Hahmo :Go and search for a river, lake, anything like that that has some water in it in any form.. Should come up with something

Theres a sea just about 6km away...Oh well I dont have anything better to do at weekend so could even go and check it out.
Just before Christmas I was surprise gifted with a Konica Hexar AF. At the time, I had never heard of the camera, and it was clear the guy who gave it to me hadn't either. After doing some internet research, I realized I had something special on my hands. For those of you who don't know, the Hexar AF is a rangefinder-style camera with a fixed, extremely sharp 35mm f/2 lens, leaf shutter, and nearly totally silent operation. It's almost the perfect street camera--the only issue being that it's slightly bulky by today's standards. More info here and here.

Anyway, I've been shooting with it a bit, though not anywhere near as much as I should. And what shooting I have done, I've done with crappy, expired film (Fuji Superia 400). I'm pondering selling it, because I really just don't shoot enough film (I've got a Super Program that hasn't fired a single frame in 2 years), but there's something about this one... I might not be able to get rid of it.

Non-impressive/uninspired test photos below! (Processed a bit in LR3...)

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just before Christmas I was surprise gifted with a Konica Hexar AF. At the time, I had never heard of the camera, and it was clear the guy who gave it to me hadn't either. After doing some internet research, I realized I had something special on my hands. For those of you who don't know, the Hexar AF is a rangefinder-style camera with a fixed, extremely sharp 35mm f/2 lens, leaf shutter, and nearly totally silent operation. It's almost the perfect street camera--the only issue being that it's slightly bulky by today's standards. More info here and here.

Anyway, I've been shooting with it a bit, though not anywhere near as much as I should. And what shooting I have done, I've done with crappy, expired film (Fuji Superia 400). I'm pondering selling it, because I really just don't shoot enough film (I've got a Super Program that hasn't fired a single frame in 2 years), but there's something about this one... I might not be able to get rid of it.

Non-impressive/uninspired test photos below! (Processed a bit in LR3...)

Cool camera but don't know why I'm not feeling the 35 mm f2 look. I've had my eye on the Nikkor 35 f2 for a while but having trouble finding shots that would make me pull the trigger. Nikkor 35 mm f1.4 is another matter and way too expensive for me .

I'm kinda mixed about the film stuff too. I'd either take the crappiest stock and worst optics and wrong processing or super smooth medium format look but between those it's kinda dead for me.

Quote from Myffe :REALLY nice photos wow

This man speaketh the truth! You lucky Yanks and Brits have no idea what kinda crap shoot it is down here at the moment. It's like regular Spring got together with Amy Winehouse.
Quote from spankmeyer :Cool camera but don't know why I'm not feeling the 35 mm f2 look. I've had my eye on the Nikkor 35 f2 for a while but having trouble finding shots that would make me pull the trigger. Nikkor 35 mm f1.4 is another matter and way too expensive for me .

I'm kinda mixed about the film stuff too. I'd either take the crappiest stock and worst optics and wrong processing or super smooth medium format look but between those it's kinda dead for me.

Good thing about the 35/2 is that it's pretty damn cheap. The 35/1.8 is also cheap and works pretty well on FX bodies, from what I've seen. Another to consider is the Mir-24N, an old Soviet manual focus lens that's actually pretty stellar.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Good thing about the 35/2 is that it's pretty damn cheap. The 35/1.8 is also cheap and works pretty well on FX bodies, from what I've seen. Another to consider is the Mir-24N, an old Soviet manual focus lens that's actually pretty stellar.

Gotta have autofocus for drunk and depressed shooting.

Here's a shot from a promo series I'm working on.

More to the ghostly themed shoot coming sporadically at my Flickr.
More ghostly girls.

Double exposures in camera. Some colour fine tuning in post.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Get a rocket blower (Giotto's).

Quote from majod :I did sensor cleaning by myself all the time, without any special tools...all I used was microfiber cloth + isopropyl alcohol and I get myself a tongue depressor few drops on the sensor, wrap the cloth around the depressor and wipe in one-direction only...done

Many thanks, used the blower method first and got most of the dust bunnies away, still a small bit of stubborn dust hanging around so used the second method and now, fully clean and ready to roll.

May good blessings bestow your lamas (found my sim city disk and have been playing it a bit too much I think)
Quote from doyal :If you look closely at this one you can actually see don with his silver camera.

You know what they say, camera doesn't matter, it's the eye behind the camera. Don does quite nice photos with that $100 P&S I'd have to say, LOL.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG