The online racing simulator
Quote from matijapkc :Depends on your camera. If you have cyber-shot, it shouldn't be a problem.

Haha, wtf. How much does the Sony street team pay you?
That's epic, now I've seen the light I'll go trade my 40D and 2.8 telephoto for a cyber-shot.
It's a Fujifilm S1730, and afaik, it only has autofocus, which is a pain in the butt but I'll cope.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Haha, wtf. How much does the Sony street team pay you?

Let's see....... Nothing?

Quote from boothy :That's epic, now I've seen the light I'll go trade my 40D and 2.8 telephoto for a cyber-shot.

Maybe you can buy D-SLR with cyber-shot or super-steady shot?

You guys really annoy me. I'm gonna post an CYBER-SHOT pic. This was captured accidentaly, so the quality isn't max. http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7807/pigeon.jpg
There's no fence that could confuse the AF and a lot more light, Xaid0n's Fuji could have performed just as well under the conditions your pigeon shot was made in.
matijapkc, any reasonably good camera can produce a clear, sharp shot with the right settings. aside from shutter speed and aperture settings, lenses have a far greater effect on sharpness and lack of blur than bodies ever will, though in-body stabilization can be a great advantage (see: Pentax, Olympus, and, yes, Sony). there's no special magic about Sony's line that sets it apart.
Well to be honest with you, I've only had the camera a couple of days and I haven't really figured out all of it's settings. Without any objects foreground, the camera can focus really well on full zoom and get a crisp image, it's just the fence was a real pain and the AF kept flashing up when it was focusing.

Could someone please explain why there is an AF warning on the screen sometimes?
Just got a camera and took a photo of my dog. This was taken when the camera was on default settings so it is only low res. I have now set the camera up properly.

There will be some pictures of berlin in about 3 weeks

You can tell from the date the camera wasn't set up :P

(Oh yeah and that's my dog Sandy) Yes I know HE has a common name for a retriever :P
Attached images
001.JPG
Little update, on my shelf I have:

D40 Body,
Charger,
Neck Strap,
Battery,
Tripod,
Bulb Blower,
Remote,
8GB Class 6 SDHC card.

Notice something missing? A lens. Still Getting a sub-£75 VR lens is proving hard...
More new stuff finally.

Shot some conceptual promos for a local hula hoop artist and performer. She plays different roles and here's a sample of two of those. I'll probably dump more later to show the complete full three set/role concept but in the meantime consider these as teasers. Hope you enjoy 'em!

Yes, she performs with a hula hoop set on fire. More to come...
Really nice stuff.
Haha, that first hula hoop shot is awesome, really conveys a sense of fun and light-heartedness.

The choice of gritty urban location for the second shot isn't an obvious choice for me, but it certainly shows off your lighting skillz once again.

Good stuff.
Quote from Jakg :

Notice something missing? A lens. Still Getting a sub-£75 VR lens is proving hard...

What the obsession with VR lenses?
Quote from boothy :What the obsession with VR lenses?

Dunno, I obsess over VR bodies.
Quote from boothy :What the obsession with VR lenses?

They're useful, and a lot more versatile than non-VR.
Quote from SamH :They're useful, and a lot more versatile than non-VR.

Definitely, they do make better paper weights faster with more parts to break.
Not terribly useful on a kit lens, though.

A long wide-aperture telephoto prime? Maybe...
Last week, the sun came out for the first time in about 3000 days, so I decided to make use of it.
Attached images
IMG_3313 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3318 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3325-2.JPG
Wow, nice pics majod
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not terribly useful on a kit lens, though.

A long wide-aperture telephoto prime? Maybe...

Definitely more worth having on a longer telephoto, I agree, but still a great deal better with than without, on a short and fairly slow kit lens. The non-VR kit lens is no faster.
It's certainly always a help, no matter what lens it's on, but the point I was making is that you generally don't use a slow kit lens in situations where you're shooting 1/30s or lower (or at least you shouldn't be), which is where SR/IS/VR becomes really critical.
Just been out for a dog walk and took some pictures.

I think there was a bit of dust on the lens so some pictures have a black circle in them. I ordered a case when i got the camera and that is yet to arrive so i am keeping it in the plastic bag it was wrapped in when i got it out of the box.
Attached images
012.JPG
026.JPG
024.JPG
019.JPG
006.JPG
010.JPG
013.JPG
Work-in-progress
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S

Camera Showoff